Byond ID?
    Clackerz

CM Character?
    Marshall 'Cleric' Woodard/Xeno BZ-111-G7

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    N/A

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Bad Deathclaw

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not that I can remember.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, Around 2015 on Beestation, and for memeing on the furries. (Flashbangs, Space Lube, Being a Wizard. . .)

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, I am willing to communicate.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would report it to my superiors with the griefer's ckey but otherwise not anything. The MPs have handled it in character.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    The Predator is in the right as the player is considered "Worthy Prey."
    Additionally, they could've been considered "Unworthy Prey," thus not violating the Honor Code, or was given Admin Permissions as an Elder Predator. I would DM the Pred in question and ask if these are the cases, requesting the Admins CKey if applicable and bringing this situation to light to an Admin+ staff member.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd ask if he/she needed help, and point him/her to where they need to go.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would politely cooperate and see if any Admin+ staff is online.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I message the player in question to tell them to change their name next round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd give him a message asking why he's doing so, and give him a warning if he doesn't comply.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    The survivor is in the right and the marine is upset they were killed early round.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd message the MP, telling them that theft is not a permanent confinement punishment and that theft is at most 30 minutes according to Marine Law.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send a message as the Queen Mother, ordering the xenomorphs to attack the humans.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I ask for a superior's opinion on how to deal with it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd message the CLF member EORG does not extend to factions who are enemies (Marines v Xeno, Marines v UPP/CLF).

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd request that they take it up to the Military Police and try to solve it IC before moderator/Admin action is needed.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd request a peer's or superior's help with it.
    It could follow the rules of engagement if the fight was dragged out long enough and was kept in character.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd attempt to find the leader of the mutineers and contact an admin.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd message the people doing the comments to ease it on the racism, but unless it escalates I would do nothing more.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would report his CKey to an admin+ staff, and heal the victims in the shooting.
    I would request he gets a temporary ban for breaking rules 11 and 4.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd ask the larva in question why they did that and inform a superior about it.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Until another xenomorph or the queen aHelps about it, or if it gets out of hand, I'd leave it alone for now. The issue can correct itself in character.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd explain to the accused that using marine terms as a xenomorph isn't good rp, and link a list of terms for them. They might be new.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd ask an administrator if they messaged the Command staff player about it. If not, and if the admin would not handle it, I'd message the player in question a warning that marines do not know about the xenomorphs until they see them unless in an event or admin permission. I'd also refer them to rule 6 (No Metagaming/Communication)

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would ask another moderator or admin for assistance in dealing with it.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd do nothing about it and carry on with my day.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I tell him that being SSD or AFK does not grant him protection from being killed/captured. He should've found a safe place to go to or returned to the almayer.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd message another staff member with higher rank about it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    As stated before the rules are listed, the punishments are determined by the mod's or admin's interpretations. However I would remain neutral in the conflict.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I love CM and have been playing it before the CO whitelist, and even a bit of the early Sulaco days. It was my first SS13 server to play on, and has held a place in my heart to this day. I want to see it grow in a positive direction, and I want even more to help it grow in that direction.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The most important quality for a moderator, or any staff member to me is a sense of honor, and credibility. It's unethical when people in power abuse their power or go back on their word. Being someone who people can trust can be all that's needed for people to follow the rules and such, or at least is a large part of it.

Anything else you
    N/A

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would report it to my superiors with the griefer's ckey but otherwise not anything. The MPs have handled it in character.
    Why would you report it to your superiors? Not saying it would be horribly wrong, but why? And would you not investigate the situation at all?

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    The Predator is in the right as the player is considered "Worthy Prey."
    Additionally, they could've been considered "Unworthy Prey," thus not violating the Honor Code, or was given Admin Permissions as an Elder Predator. I would DM the Pred in question and ask if these are the cases, requesting the Admins CKey if applicable and bringing this situation to light to an Admin+ staff member.
    What? No. While staff can't discipline WL players for WL rule breaks, you should, at the very least, be investigating the situation and directing the player to make a player report. If a player report does go up it is then your responsibility to provide your evidence.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would politely cooperate and see if any Admin+ staff is online.
    No, players don't get to pick and choose which staff they get to talk to.
    A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I message the player in question to tell them to change their name next round.
    You would investigate and see if they have similair naming convention rule breaks. If not then a warning, direction and a note is fine.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd give him a message asking why he's doing so, and give him a warning if he doesn't comply.
    No, this is an IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    The survivor is in the right and the marine is upset they were killed early round.
    How do you know this if you do not investigate. Also, was there any RP done at all?

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd message the MP, telling them that theft is not a permanent confinement punishment and that theft is at most 30 minutes according to Marine Law.
    Is there anything else going on in this situation that might warrant the player being in perma? You don't know if you don't investigate.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send a message as the Queen Mother, ordering the xenomorphs to attack the humans.
    No. The Marines have the advantage in numbers almost 8 times over and the Xeno's are still on the planet. Tell the Marines to head planetside via a command report or PM or SM to the CO/ACO

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I ask for a superior's opinion on how to deal with it.
    Half and half here, half wrong half right. This is a situation that involves yourself, you would recuse yourself and allow another staff to deal with it.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd request that they take it up to the Military Police and try to solve it IC before moderator/Admin action is needed.
    This is a breach of rule 4b, you would deal with it.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd request a peer's or superior's help with it.
    It could follow the rules of engagement if the fight was dragged out long enough and was kept in character.
    What if there is no other staff on?. You would investigate and find out if there was a case of improper escalation or not, as this is what this case falls under.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd attempt to find the leader of the mutineers and contact an admin.
    No, if it turns out to be an improper mutiny you kaibosh it. LOOC or PM the mutineers that it is an illegal mutiny, you then enact the necessary amount of discipline

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would report his CKey to an admin+ staff, and heal the victims in the shooting.
    I would request he gets a temporary ban for breaking rules 11 and 4.
    You don't need to contact an admin, you're already a mod/staff member, and this is not a tempt ban, this is a 7 day+file for perma ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd ask the larva in question why they did that and inform a superior about it.
    You are able to investigate and deal with the situation on your own, and this would likely be a xeno job ban UNLESS the larva was heading towards the queen and the player did not know that she was front lining.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Until another xenomorph or the queen aHelps about it, or if it gets out of hand, I'd leave it alone for now. The issue can correct itself in character.
    No, the xeno's are a hivemind and are enslaved to the Queen, they are unable to act against her. As for the AYYLMAO and REEEEE stuff, it's LRP and a rule breach, you would enforce this.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd explain to the accused that using marine terms as a xenomorph isn't good rp, and link a list of terms for them. They might be new.
    This is litterally in the rules.

liens have no free will. They are a hivemind, and their purpose is to enforce the will of the Queen and expand the Hive. They are not friendly and will not negotiate. Due to the Hivemind, xenos know everything every xeno learns and know the basics of human equipment. They do not know where the humans are going to be attacking from. Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as �hydro� or �shuttle� are acceptable.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would ask another moderator or admin for assistance in dealing with it.
    No, you would deal with it. What if you're alone and your the only staff that's on, or maybe all the other staff on are devs? The player would be in the right if they were in a life or death situation if the Xeno's were hot on their tail during an evac.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd do nothing about it and carry on with my day.
    There's being humble and then there's taking a beating for no reason. Tell the player to cut it out and go on with your day. If they continue you enact the necessary amount of discipline.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    As stated before the rules are listed, the punishments are determined by the mod's or admin's interpretations. However I would remain neutral in the conflict.
    You would report this to your superior.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So first off, this application is not good, but not because you answered the questions wrong but because you kept dodging answering the question. If selected you would be a member of this team that would be expected to enforce the rules as needed, we need to know that you have the ability to carry out the rules. Making mistakes and answering questions wrong is not an end of the world scenario, in fact, you learn alot of from these things. It is when you fail to show us that you would be capable of making a decision on your own knowing that you would have the support of the team that we run into difficulties.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to mirror Rob's opinion here. You're not expected to be an expert on the internal functions of the staff team, but even a cursory glance over accepted and denied apps would tell you that you don't have to consult a peer or a superior for nearly every incident of a rulebreak. Consider reapplying when you have a better grasp of the rules and the confidence to enforce them as we intend for them to be.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is not where it needs to be. I appreciate your enthusiasm and that you want to help to give back to the server, but I think you need to do a bit more homework first. Do that homework and make a new application.

Denied.