Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WITHDRAWN]Severely Artistic - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Severely Artistic

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jimmy 'Jimbo' Freeman

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Yes, one ban/JB. Received a 24 hour ban on August 6, 2019 at around 7:30 PM, along with it a Job ban on CMO/Researcher for "boarding the Alamo with intent of chemnading it with satchel filled grenades and lying to moderation" (after speaking to forest about the lying part, I was told this was subject to interpretation, as I was attempting to give the full detail but didn't in the first couple of messages, a whole thing I'll put in a possible appeal in the future).

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    A Battlefield Execution is the harshest form of punishment. In my eyes, it�s the worst form of punishment, almost as bad as placing someone in brig permanently. Similar to brig, it means the party has lost all value to the USCM. The receiving end would not learn their lesson if any other form of punishment was dished out, and that the other party would not be able to be punished due to their current behavior. Either that, or they have done something so unspeakable that no other form of punishment would be enough for justice to be served. The receiving end of the BE would not benefit us being alive more than being dead because resources would have to be allocated to them to assure that a similar outcome does not occur. The receiving end would be punished in the worst form imaginable because their incompetence and misbehavior has cost them their value.

It would be necessary to BE a member of the crew if the member cannot be stopped in any other way, and if they are not stopped they can cause significant harm to others, and MPs are unable to respond in time to stop them.

Battlefield Executions differ from regular Executions in its place of application. Regular Executions mean that the subject is detained and is being processed for punishment through marine law, so they�ve already committed the crime and can�t hurt anyone else in their current position, allowing them to be executed in a proper manner. On the contrary, Battlefield Executions mean that the member was not detained or cannot be placed under arrest by MPs in time before they can continue to harm others with their existence, so the execution will have to be performed on the spot.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt once said �speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far� as a part of his foreign policy. Jimmy�s always loved that quote, and it�s a good policy to work by as a leader. He intends to be very friendly to the marines. Jimbo is a very informal and loose man, but he�s ready to be serious when the time comes. Marines need someone who understands their struggles, understands how they think. But, what they don�t know they need is someone who is firm with orders. More often than not, marines may miss an order or not listen because they were busy with something else. It�s crucial that command, especially Jimbo, is firm with his orders, even to go as far as to shout. If someone does stupid things on Jimbo�s ship, Jimbo will not be happy with them. Don�t make Jimbo mad.

Jimmy is a very experienced individual as well. If something on the ship is not working up to standards, he can have one of his officers assure that the division is simply having a bump. If necessary though, he is ready to be mobile and fix an issue hindering his operation.

With Jimbo�s experience comes his understanding of major shipside operations like Requisitions. He recognizes Req is a crucial factor for the operation succeeding. If Req is being insubordinate, Jimbo would ask them, what�s the problem? Jimbo believes most problems can be resolved with words and approaching in a soft manner first. Chances are, there�s someone pestering them or being unkind to Req�s hard work. This is easy to resolve through some simple negotiations. However, sometimes, Req wakes up in the morning and thinks �I�m going to be a complete asshole today!� and wants to mess up Jimmy�s day too. He doesn�t like people who think like that. So, he brings out that �big stick� that he believes in so much and gets rid of the RO for someone else who can do their job, say the XO or a CT or even an onboard Synthetic. Chances are, if it�s just a CT being insubordinate after all, they can just be arrested and disciplined (I�m going off a good assumption here that the RO would be the insubordinate one, since a CT just being dumb isn�t really enough to get the CO involved, in my opinion).

Engineering can be a hassle to deal with. Jimmy would be very careful with bringing out the big stick with the engineers, since they have the ability to mess up a lot more shipside operations with the amount of maintenance access they have. It�s best to approach this in a calm manner as well, and resolve any issues in the most peaceful form possible. If all else fails, Jimbo will simply use that �big stick� again and have the MPs teach them a lesson.

Now, the Military Police can be a bit tricky. The MPs are a part of Jimmy�s �big stick�, and it�s not easy to use a weapon against itself. If an MP is being insubordinate, they can be disciplined by the CMP through brig or other punishment, assuming they�re having a problem that can�t be resolved easily through some communication. However, multiple MPs being insubordinate will require High Command getting involved, leading to their arrests with the help of other officers and possibly marines if deemed necessary, leading to a form of Execution as a last resort.

Command Staff being insubordinate would be a bit weirder for Jimmy. Seeing as they�re amongst his most trusted individuals and they work in the same room as him, he�s going to make every attempt to work this problem out verbally. If it�s just one officer being insubordinate and won�t work things out in a peaceful manner, Jimmy�s going to have to use his �big stick� on them. If it�s multiple officers however that won�t deal with him peacefully, then it appears he�ll have to deal with them in a similar fashion as MPs, being to involve High Command, arrests, and worst case scenario an Execution of some sort.

In general, the crew should be cautious of Jimmy�s �big stick�. He wants to approach every situation he can in the simplest form possible for max efficiency, as each second is imperative for victory to be achieved. If all else fails, it�s in the best interest of the USS Almayer that the stick is whipped out and any problem is resolved in the fastest method possible.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    It is the job of a Commander to be someone others can look up to and admire. A Commander must be someone that inspires others and encourages others to follow him or her. A Commander needs to have knowledge of how operations are ran in order to ensure that said operations are running smoothly the entire time. It is the job of a Commander to communicate and be able to coordinate others, leading them onto the right path. Without a Commander, the marines will be lost, unable to go down a path without anyone to support them.

Sometimes an enemy is too powerful and too strong to beat. No matter how strong they are though, it is the job of a Commander to be calm and patient, and approach any situation the marines find themselves in with a level head, putting all options into considering and molding a plan along the way to shape the path for victory.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Jones Pouch. Would make holding Jones much cooler as a CO. Please add, thanks. https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/7213

In all seriousness though, I would love to see COs have a military sword. I�ve seen military swords before and think it�d be a fun way to benefit his role to assert him even more as a leader.

Another beneficial addition would be to allow a method of obtaining coordinates, but remotely from the Almayer. You can get Longitude and Latitude on GOOGLE MAPS, but you can�t from a SPACE AGE SHIP? Seems dumb that you still need to use tactical binoculars to obtain coordinates, I can understand for lazing however. That could just be my lack of knowledge on how coordinates are actually obtained though.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I have an incredible amount of skill and experience in both sides, marines and xenomorphs alike. I believe the best way to achieve victory is to understand the enemy before engaging them. My experience as a marine has allowed me to understand nearly every combat strategy and tactics that can be played out, mixed with my time as a xeno main and playing Queen a lot has also allowed me to understand how xenos play.

I can contribute this knowledge along with my RP to help teach and guide others and lead the marines to victory, along with having some fun along the way.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    A 16 page story that I got extremely into and couldn't stop writing for the past week. Starts on page 7 of the document and ends on 23 (this is just my CO app document I used for drafting so)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Special thanks to forest for helping me with the faxes, and to the CM discord server for answering a bunch of my role related questions too many of you to list.
    Last edited by Severely Artistic; 08-07-2019 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to leave the edit reason: Adding my recent ban.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record your amount of detail is disgustingly beautiful. Your roleplay as a command roles proves to me your standards of HRP are set very high and that is something alot of us could appreciate.

Your Answers regarding the BE's and how to handle Situations were probably the most well written I've seen out of anyones I've ever seen. And your story? Damn, it's a masterpiece. Really masterpiece. +1

Good luck! *salute
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 07-31-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before anything else, what do you mean when you talk about the big stick in this case? What's the tool you'd be using to deal with all these problems?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    Before anything else, what do you mean when you talk about the big stick in this case? What's the tool you'd be using to deal with all these problems?
    A "big stick" is just a metaphor as used by President Roosevelt. The quote "Speak softly and carry a big stick" refers to Big Stick Ideology, which also refers to President Roosevelt's foreign policy. More detail can be found about this policy on wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Stick_ideology).

Each situation you encounter will vary greatly. Sometimes the "big stick" may refer to an actual weapon like the Mateba (BEs for example), or maybe the Military Police for arresting an individual. Essentially, it would come down to using more drastic actions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I wasn't entirely sure since Roosevelt's "big stick" diplomacy was basically threats of superior might and I was curious about what you meant specifically as a result. I haven't actually seen you play as far as I know, so I'll stay neutral on this for a few days while I think it over. Good luck.

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I wasn't entirely sure since Roosevelt's "big stick" diplomacy was basically threats of superior might and I was curious about what you meant specifically as a result. I haven't actually seen you play as far as I know, so I'll stay neutral on this for a few days while I think it over. Good luck.
    I have been XO before when you were as a marine, I recall yelling at people on LV to recover your body and revive you, and we've definitely had multiple encounters before that.

If you'd like, feel free to @ me to go XO or something and I'll try to get the roll.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, maybe my memory's just bad. I might have to just start recording my thoughts on every XO and SO in a round in case they apply for CO, I guess.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye I remember you and I don�t remember negative atitudes or behaviours regarding your Command abilities.
    You have my +1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so, after observing to see how you operate, I'm going to give you a few questions/scenarios that I want you to give an answer for. The reasoning is just as important as the answers themselves, so don't worry about the specific answers too much. Note that these questions can test not only your leadership skills, but also your knowledge of specific, subtle aspects of each department that may not be common knowledge. If you don't know about these small details, it won't hurt you that much, though.

Interdepartment Disputes
    1: An argument has broken out between the TCs, CMO, FOB Squad Lead, a SL on the front line, and the RO. The TCs are low on ammo, the CMO's reporting that they're running low on materials to either replace limbs (metal) or produce needed medicine (phoron), the FOB SL is demanding more metal/plasteel/sentries for the FOB, and the frontline SL is shouting that the medics are dangerously low on supplies and ammo's running low. The RO only has enough points to fill 1-2 requests and nobody is willing to accept that they might not get what they feel they urgently need. Who do you prioritize and why?

2: The MPs have just informed you they've broken up a heated argument between the CAS PO and an MT. According to the MPs, the CAS PO went to reload the dropship's weapons and found one or both power loaders missing. Upon talking to a doctor in Medbay, they mentioned seeing someone take the powerloader past Medbay, but not much else. The MT claims that they didn't take the powerloader, which is now missing, even though they're the only MT awake and Req hasn't touched either hangar Powerloader. How do you resolve the issue?

PO Trouble

As you're prepping the squad assignments for the Op, you hear the three POs arguing over CASEVAC duty. One is a well known PO that does extremely well with CAS duties, but often ignores medevacs. The second is noted for quick responses to Medevac requests and treating wounded that come up, but rarely sits in the cockpit during flight outside selecting winch targets. The third is relatively new to the role and has no experience with transport or CAS. How do you respond and why?

Medbay Shenanigans

1: You hear screaming over command comms about gross medical incompetence over the last 10-25 minutes: a Marine burst in Medbay and came back as a runner, mauling a doctor to death. The remaining two doctors revive him before shoving him into the autodoc, where he sits for over ten minutes with Marines and the POs screaming at the other two to get him out of there. When released, it's revealed that he has IB. In spite of everyone screaming at them, the two healthy doctors spend the next 5-15 minutes making a seemingly deliberate effort to not treat the dying doctor, forcing medics to waste precious supplies trying to keep him alive while the other doctors continue to improperly prioritize wounded. What options do you believe you have to deal with this situation as bodies pile up?

2: Short and simple: you hear reports of strange sounds from research. A quick check reveals that the researcher has grown a Xeno in containment without your authorization or informing you. How do you handle this and why?
    Last edited by FGRSentinel; 08-02-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Changing around the last scenario just a bit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so, after observing to see how you operate, I'm going to give you a few questions/scenarios that I want you to give an answer for. The reasoning is just as important as the answers themselves, so don't worry about the specific answers too much. Note that these questions can test not only your leadership skills, but also your knowledge of specific, subtle aspects of each department that may not be common knowledge. If you don't know about these small details, it won't hurt you that much, though.

Interdepartment Disputes
    1: An argument has broken out between the TCs, CMO, FOB Squad Lead, a SL on the front line, and the RO. The TCs are low on ammo, the CMO's reporting that they're running low on materials to either replace limbs (metal) or produce needed medicine (phoron), the FOB SL is demanding more metal/plasteel/sentries for the FOB, and the frontline SL is shouting that the medics are dangerously low on supplies and ammo's running low. The RO only has enough points to fill 1-2 requests and nobody is willing to accept that they might not get what they feel they urgently need. Who do you prioritize and why?

2: The MPs have just informed you they've broken up a heated argument between the CAS PO and an MT. According to the MPs, the CAS PO went to reload the dropship's weapons and found one or both power loaders missing. Upon talking to a doctor in Medbay, they mentioned seeing someone take the powerloader past Medbay, but not much else. The MT claims that they didn't take the powerloader, which is now missing, even though they're the only MT awake and Req hasn't touched either hangar Powerloader. How do you resolve the issue?

PO Trouble

As you're prepping the squad assignments for the Op, you hear the three POs arguing over CASEVAC duty. One is a well known PO that does extremely well with CAS duties, but often ignores medevacs. The second is noted for quick responses to Medevac requests and treating wounded that come up, but rarely sits in the cockpit during flight outside selecting winch targets. The third is relatively new to the role and has no experience with transport or CAS. How do you respond and why?

Medbay Shenanigans

1: You hear screaming over command comms about gross medical incompetence over the last 10-25 minutes: a Marine burst in Medbay and came back as a runner, mauling a doctor to death. The remaining two doctors revive him before shoving him into the autodoc, where he sits for over ten minutes with Marines and the POs screaming at the other two to get him out of there. When released, it's revealed that he has IB. In spite of everyone screaming at them, the two healthy doctors spend the next 5-15 minutes making a seemingly deliberate effort to not treat the dying doctor, forcing medics to waste precious supplies trying to keep him alive while the other doctors continue to improperly prioritize wounded. What options do you believe you have to deal with this situation as bodies pile up?

2: Short and simple: you hear reports of strange sounds from research. A quick check reveals that the researcher has grown a Xeno in containment without your authorization or informing you. How do you handle this and why?
    Sorry for taking so long to respond. Got caught up with a few things IRL and in the community.

Interdepartment Disputes
    1: The frontline and FOB are always max priority. If they can't put up a proper defense, there's no point in even attempting to do anything else as we'll be forced to either lose an extreme amount of ground or evacuate altogether. Tank ammunition will cost approximately 30-70 points depending on what type they need and if they're refilling both primary and secondary hard point modules. I'll be going through my priorities from highest to lowest.

Tank ammo has a lot of value in comparison to a sentry, so I'd prioritize getting the Tank ammo over the sentry. If we have enough points for it, I'd allow it to be ordered then. Tank ammo is not as nearly expensive as the materials usually needed, and it doesn't have a chance of coming up automatically like metal/plasteel/sentries do, so it would make the most sense to get this first.

Next thing for sure is to get the FOB materials requested sent down ASAP. Assure that they don't have materials already there first.

As for the front line SL, Requisitions would need to get whatever ammo is authorized through ASRS and whatever else is needed from vendors sent down along with that supply crate. If we still have a good chunk of points, some ammo can be ordered, but I don't want all of the remaining points wasted on it. Also gotta check on Defcon and the IOs to see where we are on progress for additional supply points. FOB squad would be instructed move up ammo immediately to the front lines, seeing as trying to send down two crates will result in heavy damage on one side or the other (i.e. I send down the FOB crate first, the front line has a high chance of going down, vice versa).

Now, I placed medical at the bottom of my orders because they are the simplest to resolve. Autodocs and bio/synthetic printers do not require nearly as much metal and Phoron is available in Upper Engineering. I would have Engineering bring a stack of Phoron and metal to medbay from their storage to fulfill the doctors request. If the worst comes and they are out of metal in storage, metal is to be taken from the autodocs. If even the autolathes are dried out, then chairs and tables are to be scrapped for metal to give to Medical for their printers.

2: This type of issue would require extensive questioning in an investigation through the MPs. For starters, hypersleep would need to be checked for anyone with the knowledge to use a powerloader that has recently gone into cryo. If there aren't anyone, then it would come down to a he-said she-said type of ordeal. Either the CAS PO would be lying, the MT is lying, or the doctor could be mistaken. Assuming staff claim this to be an IC issue (considering the fact someone fucked off with the powerloader is pretty disruptive to the round progress, but that would have to be up for staff judgement whether or not this is the case), I'd have to make an offer to the MT.

If the MT admits that they took the powerloader and they return it safely, or if they had some kind of problem with the PO which is why they took it in the first place, then they won't have any charges pressed against them.

If the PO still has it but is trying to get the MT in trouble because the PO didn't like them for some reason, the PO should be informed they're in no trouble so long as the conflict can be resolved so that everyone may return to their duties.

If the doctor stands by their story and neither budge, a search team will need to be sent out to find where the powerloader went. If they find it far from where CAS would be using it, then it's safe to assume the MT took it and will be brigged for taking it and lying. If they find it west when the MP had been speaking to the PO, then it could've been some kind of misunderstanding and everyone returns to their duties.

PO Trouble
    Seeing as the third option for the CASEVAC PO has no experience with neither transit nor CAS, I would assign the second PO (good medevac bad CAS) to help out the third PO with transit until they get the hang of it. The first PO will be assigned to CASEVAC and be reminded to respond to medevac calls, and that if they do not they will be reprimanded for it. Once the new PO has a good understanding how to do transit runs, the second PO will be transferred to CASEVAC with the first PO in order for CASEVAC to be utilized to its fullest potential.

Medbay Shenanigans
    1: This issue is particularly hard and I can't offer a concrete answer to a problem like this considering these doctors are obviously bald if they're behaving the way they currently are. I'd be especially concerned with whatever the hell the CMO is doing, yelling at whoever they are in particular to go do their job, considering these types of problems should not require command attention and be handled more by the CMO before me.

The best course of action is to tell the doctors to put priority on the dying doctor after everyone who is infected is dealt with. If they're refusing orders / being incompetent, get MPs in to deal with them. Assuming an onboard synth is available, they'll be tasked with medbay duty.

2: First thing to do is to reprimand the Researcher for not informing me of something this dangerous being done on board. If the xenomorph in containment is not hostile and does not necessarily pose a threat, I will be making consistent checks to assure that nothing bad comes of it. Should the xenomorph pose any form of threat to the Almayer, the subject will be terminated immediately and the Researcher will be arrested for creating the threat and not informing me of their experimentation.