Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pond33r - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Pond33r

Player Name You Use Most?
    Brooklyn Snyder

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Banned on Bad Deathclaw for improper escalation but after a ban appeal was allowed to play it again.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Execution should be reserved for only those who are not doing there role while getting multiple marines killed and giving no sign of remorse or care it happened. The only circumstance i can think of for BEing a crewmember is if they are attempting to blow up my ship on purpose, attacking other marines on purpose to the brink of death (this does include those who even get mad at a certain character/role and beat them to death for what they did during that OP, that person will be Perma'd and the other will be processed, assailants will be processed and the MP's will have a field day). Battlefield Execution is used when the captain has some justification to commence the execution with his own gun/terms, while execution is a process someone goes through with the MP's under the permission of a higher ranking officer but the captain/XO does not have to get their hands bloody. I would also like to note that i would hardly EVER execute someone unless they break the reasons listed above and with my time on this server i have HARDLY seen things like that as XO or SO or any other role i play.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My commanding officer plans on constant communication because the soldiers need you to feel like you are fighting with them with every word and breathe you take while not landing his boots on the ground. For the XO i will have him cover any missing command role and if all command roles are filled i will have him assume control of groundside troops constantly telling me the situation while i have every radio station turned on listening and gathering current news and establish orders in order to win the current operation, between each map it varies what I will do to ensure total victory. I like to use multiple front tactics, securing key points, having each squad feel like they are committed rather than just *hey alpha secure this* and never speak to them for almost the rest of the game. I will avoid using the general masses as an excuse and use the squads so that the soldiers in each squad feel like they are meant to stick together like brothers rather than unga to the front with other people they don't know and get lost and die. I want each squad to understand what it is like to be next to eachother and how teamwork works and what it is rather than *general push all squads attack* or *everyone defend*. I hate loose orders i like to be REALLY explicit and if you have seen me play XO you will know what i mean. In regards to this if there is insuboridation among certain areas of the crew I will give them orders to do something to give them a purpose, I will have the MP's go ground side and have them defend FOB as well as be a QRF for insubordinate troops making there job role fun rather than stay on the ship and wait 5 years for a call down to the ground. If req is not filling orders or doing anything i will send the Synth, XO or SO down to train those CT's and take over for the incompetent RO to ensure that my supply line isn't bust and the troops are getting what they need. For the RO if he has no idea what he is doing or not sending supplies I will have the MP's threaten to brig time him if he does not follow orders of how to do request from the senior officer/synth i sent down. For engineering i can have either a Synth, SO, or XO be sent too in order to train the MT's and have there role be given purpose by sending extra MT's groundside and leaving the CE and 1 MT shipside (or just 1 MT if no CE) and have him do orbital and keep the engines running. And for incompetent command staff within my CIC will be trained personally by me, if they are deemed far to insubordinate and refuse to listen to anything i say while i try to help them i will have the CMP process them and we go from there. In regards to this the reason for insubordination most of the time is because people do not understand there role OR they do not understand the importance of other roles that they are influencing directly and indirectly every second they are on my ship. I will have an open door policy to those with any questions i will respond with the best i can, i will work with every single crew member through comms or hands on if need be to ensure that they can become a better person and even robust at their role. I want to work as best as i can to ensure that all my crew feels like they have a purpose or a role to do, every squad will feel like there squad is there family and the same goes for every job role out there. In conclusion if you give a marine/crew member a job they will more than likely do that job because you have given that being purpose.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the Commander is to ensure the safety of the crew, the ship, and any valuable Intel is secured to prevent the spread of the current threat.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think the Commanding officer should have a console with a monitor specifically for all Command, MT, MP, Synth, RO, IO, and Doctors/researchers so the commander can keep track of the crew.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    As said from all previous posts this is how I will run my ship. I will build a stronger crew with a stronger mentality. I will ensure each and every person has a purpose rather than using general masses or *all*. In conclusion I hope to increase the role play standard on CM and redefine the roles so people will work together in their groups and learn to understand that each and every soul can change the course of the battle one way or another.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Born in the year 2144 Brooklyn Snyder was born into a militaristic family with his father, James Snyder who served time as earth defense force who then was given the opportunity to become a security officer aboard the USS Sulaco in 2170. Brooklyn Snyder spent most of his years learning from his fathers footsteps and his mother Mary Hutchkins (now called Mary Snyder) about the USCM and the rights of humanity. His father teached him tactics of he had learned about dealing with people while his mother taught him how to care for people. In Brooklyn's spare time he took it upon himself to learn military tactics throughout history ranging from Julius Caeser, Alexander the Great, Sun Tzu, George Washington, Robert E. Lee, Abraham Lincoln, Erwin Rommel, George MacArthur, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and even his own father. He started off in a military academy for boys to learn the many value and duties of the USCM. He learned many roles starting from marine to Squad Lead to learning how to pilot a ship to running a full blown cruiser. At age 21 he Transfered to Virginia Military Institute and began his studies in in the military reserves towards captain ship. He graduated in 12th place of his class in 2170 when his father was enlisted into the USS Sulaco. Snyder ran small freighter ships between his time in the military not becoming a full blown active duty. Snyder started active duty in 2173 2 years after the attack on the USS Sulaco and the disconnection from his father since then. Brooklyn Started to become involved on small freighters and carriers leading relief forces to both ships and colonies alike. He was well known for his lowest casualites with the constant ambushes by CLF forces in 2175-77. Through constant evasion he wiped out enemy forces and secured a ground hold for other USCM troops to take hold. In the year 2179 Snyder received word his father aboard the USS Sulaco was MIA and the ship and all traces were gone. Enraged Snyder sent his crew and his ship to investigate what happened but by time he arrived he learned he was already too late, the USS Sulaco was nowhere to be found and the planet seemed to have been in smoldering ruins to hard to describe. As he began to leave the planet a UPP freighter came out of orbit and started firing on Brooklyn's ship the USS Continuity. After suffering heavy losses and the loss of his ship he was the sole survivor of the events and taken hostage by the UPP. As the UPP began to take the survivor and question him where the Sulaco went and there ship, unable to answer Brooklyn was beaten and imprisoned and was being sent to a nearby UPP internment camp. By time they arrived Brooklyn was able to escape and get in contact with a nearby Weyland Cargo Hauler and plot a course back to he post. By time he arrived and told the his fleet Admiral of the news and what happened he was arrested for insubordination and the loss of his crew through his recklessness. Now shattered ,in the year of 2182, and desperate a Weyland Yutani representative, who's name shall remain silent, took note of his actions and how he had served time to the USCM and even Weyland Yutani. So the representative offered him an intern role aboard the USS Almayer or to be tried and executed by the USCM. Brooklyn took the offer to become an Intern aboard the USS Almayer and started to climb the ranks from a PFC to the rank of a commanding officer, as intended by the representive aboard the Almayer in order to "refresh" Snyder's mind, and has been tasked with her crew to serve and protect the USCM colonies and Weylnad Yutani's interests. The captain was monitored both by Weyland Yutani and USCM high command in order to serve his sentence. He was trained among every single role on the ship by both his superiors and those he commanded as time went on. He learned to understand the marines aboard the USS Almayer and in 2185 he was set as the official Captain of the USS Almayer and all previous crimes were removed. Starting a new life Brooklyn Snyder has become one with himself and those around him. As now the year is 2186 he soon received a distress signal coming from a nearby colony. Will Brooklyn find truth to what happened to his father? Or will he die trying?
    Last edited by Pond33r; 07-31-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timezone? Also I think you need to participate more in command roles and show us how your character plays in command roles.

I'll stay neutral for now
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 07-31-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GMT -4, also i have been playing XO a decent amount lately as well as SO too, thing is tho most the time the role aint open and i get stuck with being a tank crewman, request, or an unga marine. I don't really like the SO role that much since the person who is charge of me I have many conflicting views with and then i have to take over 2+ squads and it becomes more stressful than XO since being XO it is way easier to micromanage the marines on the ground. (Edit) If the other commanders who I served are here I would enjoy it very much so. I will attempt to get XO role more often but ussually i get it once-twice a day if not less. Thank you for your neutral stand point and i hope to hear more news from you all soon, thank you! (2nd Edit) Also if you all do not mind me asking, the story i made for my commander is really detailed and i am wondering if it fits or i should just make up a generic one? Thank you for taking the time to read this, hope to talk to you soon!
    Last edited by Pond33r; 07-31-2019 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Wondering about a specific part of my application without spamming threads and annoying people.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pond33r View Post
    GMT -4, also i have been playing XO a decent amount lately as well as SO too, thing is tho most the time the role aint open and i get stuck with being a tank crewman, request, or an unga marine. I don't really like the SO role that much since the person who is charge of me I have many conflicting views with and then i have to take over 2+ squads and it becomes more stressful than XO since being XO it is way easier to micromanage the marines on the ground. (Edit) If the other commanders who I served are here I would enjoy it very much so. I will attempt to get XO role more often but ussually i get it once-twice a day if not less. Thank you for your neutral stand point and i hope to hear more news from you all soon, thank you! (2nd Edit) Also if you all do not mind me asking, the story i made for my commander is really detailed and i am wondering if it fits or i should just make up a generic one? Thank you for taking the time to read this, hope to talk to you soon!
    You know what pal, there will be a situation that only you and you will be leading the operation as a Commander without any staff officers and Executive to help and assist you with it especially lowpop. Thing is, you need to get used to it if you want to be part of this Whitelist since overwatching the marines is the most vital and important part as CO because you can't just give an order without assessing the marines on the ground.

So i'll be giving you some situations and please answer it with effort since this is how I give my vote to you. Question is,

As the commander waking up, how do you save Bravo and Delta from dying a horrible death? You only have a few minutes to make orders before they get surrounded.

Scenario #1: You're the CO, you've sent marines down to the planet and you've given all your orders and what-not when an SO reports to you that a squad leader (And by association, his squad) is disobeying your orders to stay at the FOB in favour of rushing the frontline and fighting. Your SO has told them that those aren't their orders but the squad isn't listening, how would you handle this?

Scenario #2:Imagine this. If you, as a CO, made a plan for the whole round, relayed it to the command staff and started executing it, then 10 minutes after the drop your XO and SO's would completely ignore it and do their own thing - how would you handle that? What would you do about the CIC staff, and what about the squad leaders planetside? Would you rather stick to your own plan, or try to bend towards theirs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scenario 1: I would announce that those marines will hold nearby postions and wait for Alpha or Charlie to converge on that position as quick as they can to relieve them of the current push to scare off the enemy and start setting up cades and what not while i get the RO or whoever i have running requistions to start sending down metals and materials and all the things marines need while they give me co-ords. If there is no RO or CT responding I will do it myself since i know what they need while the SO works on getting the COORDs for their location. they will get all wounded to nearest base of operations and patch themselves up while i am giving new orders for MP's to get marines in line and MT's to be sent ground side to have FOB duty if CMP and CE give permission (i am a firm believer that MP's and MT's should be on FOB duty for QRF of insubordinate marines rather than it taking 5 years to head down and deal with the problem, if there is no MP's or MT's at all since a low pop then i will have all engineers except for charlie to guard the FOB and have defcon for supply points so that the FOB can be further fortified by the engineers, if there is no engineers then all medics except for the squad with the most medics will guard FOB while everyone else sets up defenses in and around the front-line so the front-line is safe rather than a risky push that has its recovery zone way in the back. There should be a position to heal wounded and take care of marines that is safe from attack that is close to where the push is so that the marines may continue their push. I will then take over those squads personally and start getting them back in line with their SL on certain positions so they feel like that what they can do is more important than what they are currently doing. I want to give the marines purpose in each order i give and i want them to feel fulfilled (and the person playing to have a great and enjoyable experience). If i cant save the war i will save as many marines as possible. And if by god there is tank send the fucker.

Scenario 2: I would definitely bend to new orders depending on the ground situation if the plan is breached. If my plan was to secure key points and a huge enemy force is barreling on our east side you know i would start moving troops to fortify and flank the eastern part of that map. If however the plan is not breached and they decided to banzaii charge without my permission when the areas we absolutely secured are not secured, the leaders will be arrested and those who are still charging will be moved inch by inch to certain areas close to the key points telling them that certain events are going on in that area and they would feel obliged to defend and secure that point. I would start having SL's, aSl's, or/and anyone with a tac bino or/and range finders to get me certain areas lit up where the current threat is thus bringing the operation back into my hands under my plan not whatever XO or SO deems or even a SL deems. Marines will follow your orders as long as you explicit, confident, and they have the supplies they need and have a nice relief area nearby to rest up and be healed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have come back and read what I have wrote after what you have said about me not liking SO and I would like to address some things. Number 1: I LOVE managing a squad and keeping them CONSTANTLY up to date, When I am a SO I am doing rescue operations for fallen marines nearby for that squad and other squads and is absolutely fulfilling to save another marine that got dragged off somewhere hidden but really close (i do this both as SO and XO). Number 2: I love that when I am a SO that the squad i watch over It is really easy to keep them in line BUT when the captain or XO gives orders for them to hold a certain position and they enemy starts to encircle that squad I can't do anything to help them out except ask for the SL to laze and OB (which i am not allowed to fire without CO/XO consent) as i try to yell to the captain to save that squad, in the end either the squad does get saved but only half of their remaining forces or they get wiped out and patches of other squads are headed over to the location where they all die and now they are getting wiped out so then i have to hop into other SO comms to yell at them to pull back, but then I get yelled at for dealing with people not in my squad telling them to fall back. Number 3: I feel as if the CO/XO truly undermine the role of a SO and when i take captain-ship i am still going to keep running my ass console to console working with my SO so these squads are in the right positions and that the threat they are facing does not overwhelm them at that position. In conclusion to this point of topic the SO role is a great role, BUT, i feel I get undermined by the CO/XO and my options are very limited to what i can do with that squad, hell i cant even change the orders and tell the squad to go elsewhere i would get bridge executed and that squad would probably be dead soon, depending on a situation rather when I am XO (hopefully CO if we can work this out) I get to be able to change the orders of the entire squad in order to save them and move them to a more secure location to lick their wounds while the rest hold that spot or whatever the situation deems necessary.

The reason the Aliens force wins 80% of the time is because they can sit down and relax and heal right back up to full health faster than a medic dealing with a crit patient right where the enemy is fighting. Where you are going to push needs to have a nearby base for troops to have a place to safely get patched up and rearm. The reason marines do win however is because they give the aliens no break what so ever and they corner them so they have a hard time healing just like what the aliens do to us when we try to heal.
    Last edited by Pond33r; 08-01-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Typographical errors fixed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case I would like to tell you as of why i wish to be a commander. First things first i don't care about handing out shiny medals or having the role to control everything, the main reason i want to become captain is so that I get the ability to feel like I can be something more than what I am. I'm probably going to try XO here and there even i get captain, do SO, probably play as SL or a marine or so. I honestly want to enjoy the role of captain-ship where every looks up to me, everyone feels inspired by my presence rather than shaky. When you earn captain-ship it means you have earned the trust of both the staff and the players of CM and I am going to attempt to do both. I have failed time to time as XO, as SO, as SL but what matters most is the memories i have taken from those experience to enhance myself and those around me. I am not one to abuse a system or ruin things by having a high role and cucking other people of their rights and abilities. I want people to feel welcome, and to welcome others, to come to an understanding rather than a hostility. In conclusion to this, I want all white-list staff and all members of CM know that I will rebuild myself as a person, and those around me, that through this open world that you have brought forth to me I will earn every last drop so that I become better than myself, stronger than myself, wiser than myself, and every damn day i play CM i make sure i give someone the feeling that they too can always build them-self better every day, that they are more than what they see of themselves and others see of them.

The human potential is unlimited, and i want it to become infinite, oorah to ashes marines.

Brooklyn Snyder over and out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read a lot of people's applications and have seen a lot of responses to questions identical to this; but I really like how you response. Especially the final sentence. All the others felt empty and devoid of character, that they we're just writing to what the reader wanted. While I'm sitting here, having difficulty creating an in-depth reason to my opinion for to understand why I say that, I will say simply that what you wrote here strikes a chord with who I am as "person". I hope you earn this title of Commander, and then continue to earn it.

And please, keep playing the command role until this application is resolved. Also, sorry for the late response. Good luck, pal!

+1
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 08-06-2019 at 02:20 PM.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Think I saw you in Command roles, but very rarely. I will stay neutral for now. Please try to play more Command roles so People know you.

Neutral
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're still exceptionally new. Your story is alright, but your answers leave a lot to be desired, particularly your BE answer. I'm not sure you entirely understand how it's meant to be used? And your description regarding the distinction between the BE and a regular execution gives me a headache.

As far as my personal experience watching and interacting with you, I'm mostly neutral trending negative. Really, the lasting impression I had is that you're exceptionally new -- and being new isn't an issue, but it shows in your behavior. Top onto that the fact that you were spoken to the day you put up this app about not fortifying the ship pre-hijack, and I have the indication that you're simply not ready yet.

Give it some more time, get some more experience, and come back when you've figured out some of the finer points of Command. Until then, -1.
    Last edited by scsnv; 08-08-2019 at 06:07 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.