0 Thread(s)

Staff Report - Loco52

Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    Scidiot17
    Date of Incident
    July 26, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Callisto Fiore (though this was during an event round and I was under another admin-spawned name and character)
    Their BYOND Key
    Loco52
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12:21 EST, July 26
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Rules 3,4, and 5. Did not check my note history, overblew the seriousness of the offence, and jumped straight into a 24-hour ban without resorting to a warning or other minor punishment.
    Description of the incident
    After dying during the course of an event round, I made a simple, relatively innocuous shitpost in dead-chat while the round was underway. Loco52 proceeded to PM me asking about the context of my shitpost, whereupon he determined I posted 18+ content due to inclusion of the word "dick" in my message, and proceeded to give me a 24-hour ban without checking my note history or resorting to a minor, more appropriate punishment. This is made even more egregious considering the shitpost was done in dchat which is not an IC text channel.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Removal of note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few words here. It's a clear reference about him masturbating and his attitude was beyond horrible. All I have to say is that and evidence is in logs.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Log's for the incident, to which occured on 07-25-19, not 07-26-19:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Subsequent conversation between Loco and the complainant:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by RobBrown4PM; 07-31-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait I got the wrong guy. He wasn't the one who had a horrible attitude, confused you there. But yeah I took it as a reference to you masturbating and I wasn't ok with that at all.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco52 View Post
    Wait I got the wrong guy. He wasn't the one who had a horrible attitude, confused you there. But yeah I took it as a reference to you masturbating and I wasn't ok with that at all.
    Yea I was a bit confused about that earlier post. I hope there are no hard feelings regardless of the report and the circumstances around it.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Yea I was a bit confused about that earlier post. I hope there are no hard feelings regardless of the report and the circumstances around it.
    No pal of course there are no hard feeling, you have the right to appeal your ban if you feel it was excessive and if managers consider so they'll make a choice and let me know. I however still stand my ground and I know and admit I ban people harshly for anything even mildly +18 and my mod mates know that because It's something I personally dislike and witch hunt whenever i'm in game, simply because we've reached a point people are progressively starting to use words they shouldn't and once they're not punished they become set examples to other players that think: hey It's ok for me to say that because X player said something similar and nothing happened to him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so this is a little over zealousness on the Moderators part. Just because it mentions dick doesn not mean its 18+. I dont believe this is 18+ in this situation. It could be a reference, but if it is, I dont immediately pick up on it at least.

That said. You do have warnings for 18+ comments. Hell your forum signature is an 18+ situation made by you in the game.
    So if it were 18+ a 24 hour ban would certainly not be out of the question.
    So maybe you should tone it down all together. Because I doubt there will be any more chances.

Resolved, note will be removed.