Byond ID?
    CryoDrake

CM Character?
    Shawn Tedrow

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Tg Station

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Non

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Non

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No i was banned for 3 hours in march

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No i was banned just for 1 hour on tg

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    In this case i would message the player that was shooting people and ask him whats happening if he dosen't respond i will tell him how to reaspond to my messages.
    I would check if he has notes about assblasting people if he dosen't have notes about this that means he is a new player or it was a missclick but if he has notes about this behaviour of shooting random players then he is a griefer and should get a ban that depends on the number of warnings
    Now if he responds then it is another story if he is new i would tell him what he did wrong and i would let MPs take care of him and give the player a warning.
    Now if he has no notes and dosen't responds the messages how to respond to me i would give him a ban and a note the ban depending on if he killed 1 marine or a squad of marines.
    Those that got shoot should be ahealed if shoot to death and not a missfire

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would check the predator honor guideline page or ask another predator about this

Next the job of moderators is not to get there nose in whitelisted people's doings during a round so i would direct the player to were a report can be made on forum for that predator and tell him or her to get some proof after that i would watch a bit the predator and make a report later or let the player do it.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    The player might be a newbie so i would use some RP ICLy message or LOOC to help him and a link to the wiki for the player

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Well the thing is i do not care how he calls me plus even if he is savage as i would not name him a retard in a ahelp and i would just direct him were to make a report about me but if he keeps continuing i will just slap him a ban and make a note about his behavior.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Well i would contact the player and tell him how to respond to me as it happens to have new players i would next ask him if he had read the rules the player might had read them or just lie then i would point what is wrong as John Doe is a reference name and tell him once he dies to ghost and change his name or ask him what name he wants and i will change it and make a note
    Now if he has 1 alerady i will give him a warning and at 3 a ban

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Well this is not a problem that should be Ahelp as this is a a breaching of SOP so it is a IC issue which MPs should take care of it but if he starts shooting people and some die then it is a Ahelp too issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Well it depends how it happens this if it like the survivors were waiting at LZ and started to shoot the marines to death i would check if any of the survivors had notes about this meta behaviour if not i would give a BIG WARNING TO STOP THIS SHIT and aheal poeple if he has notes then a ban.
    Now if the marines got to survivor base and they were hostile this is IC but if they were saying they are friendly at first then in Alamayer or at fob started to shoot people then it is a admin issue too

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Well i would first facepalm myself because of the marine law then i would get some testimonials from mp the marine and those that were inside req.

Now if the marine just got in req and took a attachment that would be 60 mins but perma is over 1 hour so i would ask why mp chose perma and check for any notes.Now i would reduce to a good number the timer and if the mp has notes about giving longer sentances to people then it would be a mp job ban

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would give a healthy Queen Mother message to xenos to go conquer the metal hive for the queen mother and send a message to co to finish the aliens once and for all on that planet

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    In this case i wouldn't get my nose into this as i am direct involved in this so i would ahelp and let someone uninvolved deal with the situation, and give a testimony when asked for one as to the situation.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Combat between hostile factions is allowed during and after round end more exact marines can kill xenos,xenos can kill marines,and marines can kill commies so i would tell the clf player the marine did nothing wrong in a polite way.

Now if it was a admin mini event in which clf allied with marines to fight xenos and admin told the marines a few times not to shoot CLF members then i would speak with the marine

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Well i would assume that if the marine is not doing anything bordering on major round disruption, it sounds like an IC issue, but I'd investigate anyway.

I would check notes if he has no notes about this and his lrp is not low i would tell the marine to let mps take care of this

But if he was noted for this and he is doing something bordering on major round disruption and he is doing a big lrp i would make a note and tell him to STOP THIS SHIT if he has notes then a ban in number of notes

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Well i will start to make contact with the 2 marines and find out what happend now if the guy that said he got punched lied that he got punched then he is a griefer if it is a recuring behavior then a ban depending the number of notes if not then a CUT THE SHIT.
    If he punched the marine i would check why he chose to shoot the guy and get some info about what happend then a punishement.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Now if it is a improper mutiny occuring then it has to have a motive so i would use OOC to tell the leader to ahelp becuase for a mutiny you need to ahelp first with 5 names and why do they want to make the mutiny.If a leader ahelps and has notes of improper mutines i would give him a short ban

If no leader ahelps then i would tell them that there is no mutiny and need to stop this and if somaone kills people i would deal with them with a warning.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Well racist comments in ic happend usually but if the player thinks they gone overboard then i would guide him were to make a report

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Well this shows he is a griefer from what he does as i know becuase i got killed by one with nades so i would check who shoot people and i would assume that he might use another acount if not then a ban and a note would work for this and i would aheal those that got killed as people can get sad by being killed by a griefer

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Well depends were they bursted if in hive it is a suicide larva and i would message the larva and tell her how to respond and find out if new if not and had notes about doing this or dosen't give a good respond why doing this i would ban him or xeno job bad depending on response.
    Now if larva bursted on frontline that can happen as a sadar was fired a marine pop out of nowhere or ob or cas

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would make contact with the player and see if he has any notes about this if not i would warn him and a note if he has then a job ban as how sever is

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would tell the player that the hivemind is a collective of minds and what the player called a dropship is just a description

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would make contact and ask him if new if he has notes about this then a job ban would work if not i would tell him that Marines do not know about xenos and i would direct him to rules so in future he knows

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Well first i would ask the marines in pod what happend inside there after i would ask the marine that died if it was 100% done rp if yes then it is a ic issue but if the marine just pop out and shoot a guy then i will message him and give him a ban and a note if it is a repeat incident then a ban good for the number of notes

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would guide him were to make a report about me if i have wrong him and i would tell him to stop ranting in looc and dchat if he continues a note if he goes overboard mute and a more severse one and if keeps doing a more severe one.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Well this sucks but is not against the rules so the best option is to explain polite that is not against the rules because it is a bit bullshit to crash and get hugged but you can't do something

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    A polite conversation and disagrement is the key in a lot of casses if we get nowehere then going to a head is best

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I like to get in arguments or debatings but not being rude or mean so if the argument gets nowhere the best option would be the heads to chose.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    To help new players playing this game and answer ahelps.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    To do not act like you have the power as easy you can no longer be a moderator so when problems apper you should be generally personable as you should act as a player playing the game first and second as a staff member.

When is about staff members arguments is good to see from a another 'angle' as those happens and some time is good as it can make the server better.

Anything else you
    I tried to cover more scenarios for some questions and were a lot of questions.
    Last edited by CryoDrake; 08-01-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, I'm curious about your answer to n your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?,

To do not act like you have the power as easy you can no longer be a moderator so when problems apper you should be generally personable as you should act as a player playing the game first and second as a staff member.
    I'm curious as to why you think this is important and how you think it will manifest. What would you do if you thought that other staff were not acting in line with these qualities? Just lay it all on me.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cryo, thanks for applying.

I noticed a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes in your app. Are you an ESL? Some of your sentences are hard to read. Did you not proofread your app?

Also are you sure you meant to say 160 hours per week? Or did you add one too many zeros?

Your answers look okay, but I am concerned about your English.

I got some more for you. Pretend these are ahelps that come in and you mark them. Please give me a step by step on what you would do when answering them and sentences you would use when answering the player.

1. "one farwa is dead i saw a xeno slash it dunno which one"

2. "a survivor is camping in lz1 isnt it meta???"

3. "ummm the command sucks... can i mutiny...."

And some scenarios:

1. A player is wandering around with the name Octonigga. When you PM him, he doesn't respond.

2. A survivor who came up friendly on the Almayer suddenly drops a nade in brig after being arrested.

3. A player keeps arguing with you about an ahelp that you marked as IC.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i am sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes as i was playing at the same time and i messed too with the number of hours as the number of hours i can play on a week is between 60 and 84 hours a week for now.

Now for the questions:

1. "one farwa is dead i saw a xeno slash it dunno which one"
    Well i would first check if the farwa was nested and infected as if it was so then the xeno that done it could get a ban, i would check which xeno was the one doing that and ask him if he is new or knows the rules and check if he has any notes if he dosen't have any notes then it might be a new or did not read the rules so i would explain him what he did wrong and give him a warning and a note now if he has notes about this then a ban accordingly to the number of notes.Now if the farwa was not nested or infected it might had been a accident as xenos deal more damage to unarmored things and let this pass but if it had notes about killing any smalls before infected as it is a metagaming killing them i would give him a ban accordingly to the number of notes

2. "a survivor is camping in lz1 isnt it meta???"
    Well survivors do not know if someone will come for them but they know that a distress signal was send out so if he chose to setup defenses there it is not a problem as long as he dosen't start shooting marines coming from alamo then it is not meta as long as he states his intention if friendly or hostile

3. "ummm the command sucks... can i mutiny...."
    The mutiny has strict rules to be followed and this ahelp for a mutiny dosen't follow them:first the mutiny leader needs to tell 5 names of other people that want the mutiny and the MPs do not work to be members in the ahelp it states:'can I mutiny' meaning he is the only one that wants to,next is the reason of a mutiny if the leader is saying that 'Co did not allowed us to get attachments,told us to deploy with no brief and fired a few obs that got a lot of our marines' this is a good reason but 'ummm the command sucks' it is not a mutiny good reason,next is the a mutiny can be done against the acting commander or commander that means that they must incapacitate the commander and arrest him or kill him as last option if he starts shooting mutineers but the guy said 'ummm the command sucks' which means that he wants to make it against all command staff which is again not allowed,now during a mutiny neither side is allowed to kill or shoot personnel uninvolved in this meaning that is for co they need to just cuff or kill co not the entire command staff and this is another reason this mutiny can't be allowed.

Now the scenarios:

1. A player is wandering around with the name Octonigga. When you PM him, he doesn't respond.
    I would check if he has notes about this if he dose not have notes about this if he has then a ban accordingly to the number of notes if he has no notes then he is a new player and i would tell him how to respond to my PMs and explain him what he did wrong (as i had the same issue first time playing) and how to change his when ghost or ask him what name he wants so i can change his name as one of the rules is that the names need to be unique and reasonable and make a note and a warning.

2. A survivor who came up friendly on the Almayer suddenly drops a nade in brig after being arrested.
    Well first i would PM the player and check if he has notes about this behavior if yes then a ban accordingly to the number of notes if he dose not have notes then i would ask him if he has read the rules as survivor because survivors are not allowed to be hostile once they state that they are friendly to the marines just to cause problems on alamayer as this can be metagaming and make the game on the side of marines harder if the survivor drops the nade in medbay and all doctors die i would send the player the link for survivor so he knows give him a warning to do not ever do this again and a note about this and aheal those that died or got wounded by the nade.Now if the survivor was a clf survivor or in disguise or a admin mini event then this would not be a admin issue.

3. A player keeps arguing with you about an ahelp that you marked as IC.
    Well first i would check if he has notes about arguing with the staff about ahelps marked as IC if yes a ban accordingly to the number of notes if he has no notes about this then i would give him the link were he can make a report about this issue if he keeps arguing and did not made a report i would give him a warning and a note and again the link for were to make a report

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    Howdy, I'm curious about your answer to n your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?,

I'm curious as to why you think this is important and how you think it will manifest. What would you do if you thought that other staff were not acting in line with these qualities? Just lay it all on me.
    Well let's take the question 'A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    The hivemind is a collective of minds and what is called a dropship is just a description of what a xeno sees.Now for this issue if a mod would think a ban is good i would not agree and try to talk to the guy about this issue if we would not get somewhere with this is issue i would ask a head for who is right or not on this issue and if as a example the same mod that i had argue with him keeps thinking that every issue that is ahelp needs a punishments then i would just make a report because i find that as a mod you have to find ways to resolve issues by getting the player understand the issue and not to force him understand it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CryoPyroDrake View Post
    Well let's take the question 'A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    The hivemind is a collective of minds and what is called a dropship is just a description of what a xeno sees.Now for this issue if a mod would think a ban is good i would not agree and try to talk to the guy about this issue if we would not get somewhere with this is issue i would ask a head for who is right or not on this issue and if as a example the same mod that i had argue with him keeps thinking that every issue that is ahelp needs a punishments then i would just make a report because i find that as a mod you have to find ways to resolve issues by getting the player understand the issue and not to force him understand it
    I see, what did you mean by this part specifically,
    To do not act like you have the power as easy you can no longer be a moderator
    ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    I see, what did you mean by this part specifically, ?
    Is to be fair and square and do not change the flow of the round or how it ends with everything from the ahelps even if it is about the same guy you gave him a note yesterday about what he keeps doing up to ahelps from a marine about how co has chose to give strict orders and rules to every departments of what to do and what not to do and this is making the marines win and the ahelp being that co gave strict orders to req to order important stuff or orders and the marine ahelp because he chose to deploy with a LV42 and found a hpr with no ammo laying in fob and got rid of the LV42 and came to order some hpr ammo and ro dose not approve it because co orders and co tells him too a few more times this would be the case in which if he chose to deploy using that gun to use it until he loses the gun or it gets melted or he gets killed or captured or in another case if half of the hive got killed thanks to a lucky ob or cas fire and a xeno or queen ahelps and asks for some spawned xenos as they do not have a lot of burrowed or ssd larvas or 0 you can't just change the flow of the round because a xeno ahelp about this or for marine side if a lot died thanks to a unlucky ob which can happens some times or the xenos are good and a commanding staff faxes to USCM to send a elite USCM deathsquad to deal with xenos again you need to do not change how the flow is or how will end the round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand your answers and I do agree with them, but they're very badly written. Look, i'm not the best when speaking english but I can easily tell you have a lot of trouble with the language and if a mod PM'd me, for example, with that poor english level I would either be clueless about what he's trying to tell me or just ask for another mod because It's frustrating. So solely for that i'll stay neutral for now. Try to play some more and get a better grip of the lang before applying for mod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco52 View Post
    I can understand your answers and I do agree with them, but they're very badly written. Look, i'm not the best when speaking english but I can easily tell you have a lot of trouble with the language and if a mod PM'd me, for example, with that poor english level I would either be clueless about what he's trying to tell me or just ask for another mod because It's frustrating. So solely for that i'll stay neutral for now. Try to play some more and get a better grip of the lang before applying for mod.
    Sorry about the english problems but the it is my first time trying to make a application for this game with the english problem i can quickly change if needed and i understand why you chose to stay neutral in this situation and i have no problem with it but thanks anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CryoPyroDrake View Post
    Is to be fair and square and do not change the flow of the round or how it ends with everything from the ahelps even if it is about the same guy you gave him a note yesterday about what he keeps doing up to ahelps from a marine about how co has chose to give strict orders and rules to every departments of what to do and what not to do and this is making the marines win and the ahelp being that co gave strict orders to req to order important stuff or orders and the marine ahelp because he chose to deploy with a LV42 and found a hpr with no ammo laying in fob and got rid of the LV42 and came to order some hpr ammo and ro dose not approve it because co orders and co tells him too a few more times this would be the case in which if he chose to deploy using that gun to use it until he loses the gun or it gets melted or he gets killed or captured or in another case if half of the hive got killed thanks to a lucky ob or cas fire and a xeno or queen ahelps and asks for some spawned xenos as they do not have a lot of burrowed or ssd larvas or 0 you can't just change the flow of the round because a xeno ahelp about this or for marine side if a lot died thanks to a unlucky ob which can happens some times or the xenos are good and a commanding staff faxes to USCM to send a elite USCM deathsquad to deal with xenos again you need to do not change how the flow is or how will end the round
    I will be honest with you, I think I got the gist of what you meant, but only after reading it through multiple times. There was no punctuation in that entire block of text and unfortunately you're going to have to communicate things succinctly, quickly and clearly to players very very frequently as a mod. A lot of the time you're clarifying things or answering questions instead of telling people to stop, and the ability to easily communicate is mission critical. Your answers to most of the questions in your application were good, but the one constant throughout this application is that I've had to read everything you've written multiple times to understand what you're trying to communicate. I don't think you would be a bad mod from an enforcement standpoint or from a responsibility standpoint, but given how important at least workable English is to do nearly everything ahelp related I must -1 this application.
    Last edited by NoahKirchner; 08-03-2019 at 06:59 AM.