User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caryl's Guide to Formations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caryl's Guide to Formations

Achtung, Marines! Es ist Zeit f�r dein Formationstraining!
    (Attention, Marines! It's time to begin your formations training!)

Greetings! It's me, Caryl 'Hail' Bernhaben. A typical Squad Leader, your average Joe Staff Sergeant(Sometimes Private). I'm here to teach you all about formations, so you don't fold like a lady in heat, you sorry sobs.

I made a guide like this back in the old forums, I never updated it since I wasn't able to muster time to put in experiments due to work. Now, I'm reposting this with some new stuff.

The reason for formations are the following:

• So your squad doesn't get jumbled up during movement, confrontation, and defense
    • So you'll know where to position yourself in case something really DOES happen
    • So you don't get your squad killed because you weren't where you're supposed to be.

MOVEMENT:

Staggered Formation:
    (Scenario: Big Red Prison Hallway)
    Staggered Formation.jpg

Description:
    This formation uses staggered spacing for each squad member. Each Squad Member must position themselves 1-2 tiles apart from each other, forming a long line.

Moving in
    this formation gives the squad flexibility and increased individual maneuver time should something happen to the front or back of the line.

Purpose:
    Note that the Squad Engineers and Medics are positioned in the Center. This formation puts focus on the survivability of your squad's lifeline. Engineers can help delay enemy advances with their defensive capabilities while Medics can prolong your squad's fighting integrity.
    The
    Squad Sergeant is near your Squad Leader in-case something should befall on your Staff Sergeant, prompting for a quick response to save his/her life.
    Whilst the
    Squad Smartgunner is positioned near the end of the line to provide timely support to both the front and back ends of the formation.

Box Formation:
    (Scenario: LV-624 Jungles / Open Ground)
    Box Formation.jpg

Description:
    This formation
    gives the squad an increased defensive capacity by allowing themselves to form up as a solid cohesive unit. Squad Members should have a spacing between a minimum of 1 tile and a maximum of 4 tiles. This is to prevent the squad from overextending themselves

Purpose:
    This formation can be used for
    offensive maneuvers or defensive maneuvers in the case of a lack of defensive peripherals.
    The
    Squad Leader and Squad Sergeant always takes the lead when the Squad moves in this formation, except when they need to be stationary while waiting forCommand to issue them New Orders or when they need to defend a desired area; they can then spread out and extend the box formation to cover more ground with ease.

[TBA - WIP]

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your signature is bigger than the guide
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Signature-shaming pls

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine not flexing with your size of signature
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus cut down the signature, nobody cares about your Deviantart account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instructions unclear, signature too long.

FFed marines in he back with AP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    your signature is bigger than the guide
    savage

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Nobody is gonna actually follow this shit in an actual gameplay situation. You do what works at the time, and then try to improvise and adapt to shit.

2. How many players do you think that actively seek out the forums and guides like this and actively apply it into the game? Yeah that's right nobody.

3. Dude, chill with the colors. I only need 1 to be the background, 1 to highlight/emphasize shit, and 1 for the title and sections. If I want to see a rainbow, I'll use Paint.

4. Just delete the entirety of the main post and put the guide in your signature and it'll still be easier to see than this, seeing as you have the tendency to make pictures viewable in your signature.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why so toxic and acidic towards fellow not beno main? Guide is cool, however nobody will try to implement it, even if so, it wouldn't work. Civil War tactics prevail. Marines can only effectively stand in row, or two and shoot a single/small group of benos. Minimum FF, maximum damage potential. However marines are like spear and this tactic only makes it more obvious, simple flank and it's over.

Even training such Formations would be considered "meta" as marines don't know what is waiting for them planetside. They are designed to fight benos. Marines would have to know from the start it will be bug hunt atleast.

Also benos have 100000000 ways to break any formation. Simple Young Runner fucks everything, not even talking about gas, ravs, screeches, charges etc. Civil war formation confirmed as best. Add makeshift muskets that one-shot Mature T1's and deal massive damage to everything else, but have only one shot and require a lot of time reloading, dissasembing normal ammo for gunpowder and adding shit like glass shards as projectile.
    Last edited by CABAL; 08-13-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First person to mentor me in spess man makes a guide about formations

Okay, sure