User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Xenomorphs be given game play incentives to assault the Almayer

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

30 53.57%
  • Disagree

1 1.79%
  • I am true nuetral

6 10.71%
  • Don't care

3 5.36%
  • I am a marine main who hates xeno players

16 28.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incentive drive game play - e.g. carrot not the stick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    What rewards marines are getting for evacuating? I hope you meant a chance to be gibbed by dropship as this death is more fair, balanced and fun.

Benos have all the incentive to attack Almayer they need. They can slaughter marines in thight corridors, each broken bone, each IB and each slashed limb won't be ever treated, no CAS, no OB, no mortar, no Req supplies etc.

What kind of "incentive" it could possibly be? Making benos immortal so that they have 0 risk of dying?
    I am talking about the fact that ERTs often side with marines or encounter xenos before marines which is just ask good as siding with marines.

2 wide corridors aren't as good for fighting marines as you think and more often than not marines don't even fight in those areas rendering that whole point mute. Marines often bunker up in areas where the drop ship can't hit such as pods or SD.

I am talking about SD and autism forts and how the 20 minute timer means that xenos have to end the round even if they are outnumbered and outgunned.

Let me put it like this. Every round xenos are forced up and suffer a defeat, that is a round that might have been different if admins hadn't intervened. If xenos have been given time to reach ancient or had time to replenish loses via burrowed larva.

What kind of buffs am I talking about? How about launching the drop ship kicking all xenos up an evo level, young to mature, mature to elder etc. Or causing all burrowed larva to spawn on the dropship rather than just be deleted.

Something that game play wise makes launching the drop ship seem less like a crap shot and more like, yes, this is clearly a good idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I agree with Cabal. Also not only that but ICly Queen Mother really would like that information about xenos be kept secret and even damaging almayer so it can't navigate to the next sector without months or years of repairs is worth it.

Evacuation and gtfoing of xenos while is quick might not be worth it and may be abusable.

We will set clear victory text _soon_

As for xeno endgame being unfun... We know this... Oh boy we know this. There are some things we can do, but not right this day
    I get that the dev team is currently trying to balance the various demands of the community, especially in regards to the balance between those who want game play focused content and those that want Role play focused content. To be honest I'm not sure what, if any, the right answer is.

However I feel (not think) that with any game, lore takes a back seat to content that improves game play. Ultimately lore is support, maybe not for more role play orientated games, but certainely for games like Colonial Marines where the focus is on the fight between xenos and marines.

I feel like lore should be used to support this game play, but not drives it at the expense of game design.

By extension game play mechanics should be driven by balance and they should give a clear idea to players on what their side is trying to do, with lore being used as a way to figure out what each sides game play should be.

T;,dr: lore in my opinion supports game play, not the other way around (this is a bit of a reduction)

p.s. I love the dev team and everything you do. I know you work hard to keep the game fresh even with player complaints and I'm sorry if I and other players seem nothing but complainers. You guys do great work and I wouldn't play colonial marines if you hadn't made it a great game. Best of luck
    -Chocolate_Bickie

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    - Snip -
    Yet you are not thinking that ERT's are rare as fuck, Most of human ERT's are hostile to marines, some are useless, each ERT comes with 6(8?) humans besides CLF that gets +2 more. Pizza ERT is garbage and I guess I don't have to talk about Beno ERT possibility?
    You are not thinking that even friendly ERT's are useless as they lack numbers to do anything and flanking benos does nothing, because benos are fast, they are omniscent so every death is immediately noticed and they are can regenrate wounds ASAP.
    You are not thinking that marines can't order shipside evac, or SD if they call ERT.
    You are not thinking that DS hitting CIC means no ERT/SD/Evac.

Two crushers with support and it's over in "2 wide corridors". What would you want? Fucking ICE underground layout? Shipside is equally beneficial for both sides.
    I hope you didn't take that "I hope you meant a chance to be gibbed by dropship as this death is more fair, balanced and fun" seriously, I was joking, dying to dropship is lame and unfair. It should have atleast something that resemble OB/CAS/Mortar strike sound to give marines chance to GTFO, just like benos have.
    Marines have to fight in those thight corridors if they want their Major.

Oh really, you can't handle 20 minutes? Poor thing, it's not like understaffed/bald/overcrowded medbay takes as much time to heal you, etc. It's not like benos can escape in eternity, making last sweep even longer with young Queens poping here and there without limit.
    Why 20 min timer "means that xenos have to end the round even if they are outnumbered and outgunned."? Benos don't have to do jack shit and they will get minor, perfect benomain policy. Why melt floor with tears when it's beneficial?

"Let me put it like this. Every round xenos are forced up and suffer a defeat, that is a round that might have been different if admins hadn't intervened. If xenos have been given time to reach ancient or had time to replenish loses via burrowed larva."

Let me put it like this. Every round marines are forced to not "metarush", or "metaevac" and suffer a defeat, that is round that might have been different if admins hadn't intervened. If marines have been given less time to wait for rush, or had less time to "valid evac" via main DS.
    Inversion is great: "Kali's morality: If somebody takes Kali's cow, it's a bad deed. If Kali takes somebody's cow, it's a good deed."
    If benos are fucked, it's a bad admeme move. If marines are fucked, it's a good admeme move. Isn't it?

"What kind of buffs am I talking about? How about launching the drop ship kicking all xenos up an evo level, young to mature, mature to elder etc. Or causing all burrowed larva to spawn on the dropship rather than just be deleted."

And this really gives "Incentive" to go up? How this solves problems with timer, SD, ERT and autism forts? It doesn't, it's just pure buff for pure benomains who pick T3 and can't live long enough to reach Ancient.

"Something that game play wise makes launching the drop ship seem less like a crap shot and more like, yes, this is clearly a good idea."

It doesn't. It is clearly a very benomain idea.

"I get that the dev team is currently trying to balance the various demands of the community, especially in regards to the balance between those who want game play focused content and those that want Role play focused content. To be honest I'm not sure what, if any, the right answer is."

Winrate bias still in place.

"By extension game play mechanics should be driven by balance and they should give a clear idea to players on what their side is trying to do, with lore being used as a way to figure out what each sides game play should be."

Winrate bias still in place.

p.s. I hate the dev team and everything you do. I know you are too lazy to keep the game fresh even without player complaints and I'm not sorry if I and other players seem nothing but benomains. You guys do bad job and I would play Colonial Marines more if you had made it balanced. Eat dirt and die.
    - Hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something, something, something, darkside
    If your gonna change my quotes to suit your needs I'm not even going to give you a serious response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xenos always have planetside advantage, do you also want to them to have shipside advantage?
    geez

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    If your gonna change my quotes to suit your needs I'm not even going to give you a serious response.
    Where did I changed your quote? You mean " - Snip - "? It's just to not repeat walls of text when I'm responding directly below.
    Do you mean joke "p.s."? You know, it's a joke to loose the "tension", "Hehe" should indicate that.
    Or maybe classic invertion that by applying sentence to the other side shows hypocrisy in original? Marines are also forced to do things by admemes, as much as benos, sometimes even more.
    Last edited by CABAL; 08-05-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think marines are forced by admins to do anything besides "don't instantly run into places where xenos spawn". Marines do however suffer consequences of admin actions, be it xeno buff or some almayer/hostile survivor event

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I don't think marines are forced by admins to do anything besides "don't instantly run into places where xenos spawn". Marines do however suffer consequences of admin actions, be it xeno buff or some almayer/hostile survivor event
    Just like benos, they also aren't forced to do anything besides "stop delayliening" and maybe minor thing about T3 ban from LZ for first 5 minutes of deployment. While they never suffer consequences of such actions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dev man bad hehe fuck you deev you stupid

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just like benos, they also aren't forced to do anything besides "stop delayliening" and maybe minor thing about T3 ban from LZ for first 5 minutes of deployment. While they never suffer consequences of such actions.
    You mean I didn't once or twice per month abombed poor benos?
    Or mass VVed their health to be -500?