User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Xenomorphs be given game play incentives to assault the Almayer

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

30 53.57%
  • Disagree

1 1.79%
  • I am true nuetral

6 10.71%
  • Don't care

3 5.36%
  • I am a marine main who hates xeno players

16 28.57%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incentive drive game play - e.g. carrot not the stick

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    You mean I didn't once or twice per month abombed poor benos?
    Or mass VVed their health to be -500?
    Link or didn't happen. Hehe.
    I played many CM rounds in my life, not even one had something that fucked up benos only.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Link or didn't happen. Hehe.
    I played many CM rounds in my life, not even one had something that fucked up benos only.
    staff delete and kill final xenos literally all the time

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    staff delete and kill final xenos literally all the time
    Does this really fucked up benos? Or maybe it only delivered the inevitable, shortening the round? Can you really compare deleting of last few benos to changing marines into monkeys with HP pool of a reinforced glass? I sure can't do that.

What I meant by "fucked up" is exactly like changing marines in monkeys, this fucks up marines from the start, decreasing their chances to win. And also not nerfing benos at all and advertising ebent as "fun" and "epic". Do You see the difference? Can you remember such event?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this really fucked up benos? Or maybe it only delivered the inevitable, shortening the round? Can you really compare deleting of last few benos to changing marines into monkeys with HP pool of a reinforced glass? I sure can't do that.
    Marines are already monkeys, this just makes their appearance match their behaviour

What I meant by "fucked up" is exactly like changing marines in monkeys, this fucks up marines from the start, decreasing their chances to win. And also not nerfing benos at all and advertising ebent as "fun" and "epic". Do You see the difference? Can you remember such event?
    And marines event where they got massive weapon buffs and ERT style support is fun for xenos? When they don't receive buffs too? Events aren't meant to balanced, that's why they are one off things.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Marines are already monkeys, this just makes their appearance match their behaviour

And marines event where they got massive weapon buffs and ERT style support is fun for xenos? When they don't receive buffs too? Events aren't meant to balanced, that's why they are one off things.
    Event where marines got weapon buffs and ERT style support? Are you sure this wasn't "test" round of DEFCON and weapon balance?

At this point I'm starting losing the balance of my mind, fucking nothing is meant to be balanced, winrate not balanced, events not balanced, weapons not balanced, benos not balanced, marines not balanced... What is supposed to be balanced in CM? What is supposed to be balanced in life? If so, then lets just flip the coin on the other side, why we won't make marine winrate bias? Come on, game is not supposed to be balanced, so let's fuck benos, that would be unbalanced. As purple wise man once said: "Perfectly unbalanced, as all things should be".

At this point events to be different than normal gameplay should be for once balanced to be "off" CM mainstream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we've had other meme rounds where marines all used melee (claymores) and won, or where they started with corrupted pet xeno, or where they had 2 (or more) tanks

the monkey marine thing was a event, and like all events, none (mostly) were tested or compensated for balance in any way, they were just supposed to be fun, not balanced or realistic in any way approaching a normal round, just fun
    maybe it wasn't fun for you, but it was fun for others, and even if it wasn't staff are not gods and sometimes they might accidentally make a unfun round trying to make what they thought was a cool event

they're event/one-off rounds, they have nothing to do with regular round shenanigans when they exist outside of it and you don't need to balance a one time round for something silly
    okay so it took up what could've been a regular round, so does zombies/clf/whiskey/etc
    you don't have to play the fancy one time round with the monkey marines if you don't want to

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dev man bad hehe fuck you deev you stupid
    Shut the FRICK up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Event where marines got weapon buffs and ERT style support? Are you sure this wasn't "test" round of DEFCON and weapon balance?

At this point I'm starting losing the balance of my mind, fucking nothing is meant to be balanced, winrate not balanced, events not balanced, weapons not balanced, benos not balanced, marines not balanced... What is supposed to be balanced in CM? What is supposed to be balanced in life? If so, then lets just flip the coin on the other side, why we won't make marine winrate bias? Come on, game is not supposed to be balanced, so let's fuck benos, that would be unbalanced. As purple wise man once said: "Perfectly unbalanced, as all things should be".

At this point events to be different than normal gameplay should be for once balanced to be "off" CM mainstream.
    what did i just read

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what did i just read
    Something perfectly unbalanced, as all things should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just drop my opinion right here.

In my opinion, rounds are not about who 'wins', but about having fun and the good story. A good story is not about competitive balance, it's about what happens when forces collide.

That being said, CM is still a game, so there has to be semblance of balance. It's not fun or a good story that one side stomps the other, the end, PFC Mary Sue gets promoted to Captain and saves the galaxy.

Ideally, a round is a tense back-and-forth between two groups, until one side gains the advantage or gains the victory by a slim margin. Delay, for example, is not part of a good story. It's the boring mopping up where everybody knows the end result.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere