User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turtle Trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turtle Trouble

Hello Epic Gamers, friendly neighbourhood Xeno Main here. Sad Jokes aside, I play both marine and beno equally and I find the fun in both of them. Let's get onto the topic I'd like to address, which is... that the minigun-flamer is the only viable turtle load-out.

The problem with this is that, there's no choice to make or different strategies to try. It's just, you either go minigun-flamer or you get memed on by Queen, ravager or crusher. This needs to change and there needs to be more variety, I've went up against the flak cannon and the mounted flamethrower on the turtle and the people using those are either new to the tank, trying to make them viable or just clicked the wrong weapons.

Have you seen a tank with Flak try to clear a wall, don't even ask about it if it has a mounted flamethrower as it's primary.
    The DPS of the Flak is not enough to take down a mountain of Xenos and it's a single bullet that can be dodged
    Lighting Xenos on fire as turtle with your primary isn't a good idea either since you can't chase good enough with 100 tones pulling you back

I'd suggest making the flak have a built-in scope and the Primary flamethrower to be able to lit Queens and ravagers on fire and also have a better Area of effect. Nerf the miniguns damage, maybe take away the armour-piercing and give it to the flak

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    - snip -
    Your fellow benomains won't let this be implemented. Benos cry when they got hit offscreen by tank and benos cry when they don't have fire immunity.

Minigun isn't choosed because it's OP, it's choosed because it's the only viable primary. Others lack versality as tank is one and different benos with different immunities are plentyfull. Buffing flamer will only remove it only weakness, so it will become OP, giving Zoom (and even nightvision) to Autocannon won't make it viable.

Tank is in the weird spot I don't like, it should be replaced with a) 6 Combat Loaders b) 4 Jeeps c) 2 APC's, or d) Actuall, better tank.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Your fellow benomains won't let this be implemented.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your fellow benomains won't let this be implemented. Benos cry when they got hit offscreen by tank and benos cry when they don't have fire immunity.
    Ya right I would rather fight off screen gibbing LTB because atleast back then we didnt have to deal with the stupid fucking secondary flamer so if we got up close we could fight the tank.

Minigun IS op as fuck when it gets decent RNG. It will shred anything in 6 bullets which takes 2 seconds to do. It will even meme queen fast as fuck.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with the minigun+flamer combo is the tank has no weaknesses. I know Jeser is working on redoing the tank entirely but in the mean time secondary flamer should be removed. God forbid the tank has to work as a team with marines and cant solo half the hive in the middle of the caves.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Even if I'm wrong, seeing the meme was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    The problem with the minigun+flamer combo is the tank has no weaknesses. I know Jeser is working on redoing the tank entirely but in the mean time secondary flamer should be removed. God forbid the tank has to work as a team with marines and cant solo half the hive in the middle of the caves.
    It is pretty versitale, but tank needs it. Take second flamer out of the combo and runners will slash the fuck out of the tank, because they run faster than it can turn. Also crushers will show up to the party more without flamer. Take the minigun out of the combo and Queen and Ravs have the free real estate for slashing (also Spitters a bit).

Tank is in really bad spot and should be replaced. Otherwise if it won't be Rav of all trades, then it should be basically OP in one specific thing (things with different loadouts, but still at only one at the time). Like for example "Conquer" module: Give it fucking twin barrel tower and fuck ton of armor (rifle bullets should have only a small chance to damage it), I want to proudly call it "Mammoth Tank". Make it crush walls with ease, even allow it to destroy Cave walls (at slower rate and with damage however). However make it slow as marine in heavy armor at full hunger and turn 90 degrees with 3 seconds of delay (reduced if it is moving forward, because it would be a pain in the ass to move diagonally).
    Thanks to that, tank is perfect at crushing beno defences, but if flanked and/or marooned, it's a coffin with no chance to kill even a single runner.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro please stop using xeno terminology oocly it's cringe

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank is in really bad spot and should be replaced. Otherwise if it won't be Rav of all trades, then it should be basically OP in one specific thing (things with different loadouts, but still at only one at the time). Like for example "Conquer" module: Give it fucking twin barrel tower and fuck ton of armor (rifle bullets should have only a small chance to damage it), I want to proudly call it "Mammoth Tank". Make it crush walls with ease, even allow it to destroy Cave walls (at slower rate and with damage however). However make it slow as marine in heavy armor at full hunger and turn 90 degrees with 3 seconds of delay (reduced if it is moving forward, because it would be a pain in the ass to move diagonally).
    Thanks to that, tank is perfect at crushing beno defences, but if flanked and/or marooned, it's a coffin with no chance to kill even a single runner.
    Ya I pretty much agree with you. Tank used to be really strong at one thing but had weaknesses (LTB was really good at shooting shit from far away but got memed up close with no marines to protect it). However Jeser is already working on a tank overhaul so I know no big changes are gonna be made thats why I think they should just remove secondary flamer for the time being so its not so fucking stupid. You can still use TOW missiles and Machine gun Cupolas so its not like theres nothing else its just not is OP as secondary flamer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    Bro please stop using xeno terminology oocly it's cringe
    No Bully pls, I do that as SO too and got bullied by CO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Not for nothing, but does posting some dude's lame reddit meme absolve you of all requirements to actually balance things?