Byond ID?
    AlbertBlackwell

CM Character?
    Albert 'Flash' Blackwell

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    BST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10-20 hours, really depends what I'm doing IRL.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Of course, I am a moderator on a Barotrauma server and I have literal tons of moderating experience.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Paradise Station (rarely though).

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A Repeat ^

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    As stated a few questions above I am a moderator for a Barotrauma server (Steam version).

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes of course.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check if the action falls under Rule 14 and if not allow the MP's to arrest them but otherwise I would ask them why they did that, if they either say "i dunno, i felt like it and i wanted to test my gun" I'd ban them under rule 14, however if I believe it is a legitimate accident I'd tell the MP's to continue for the arrest yet again if they are bald let them go altogether as they are new to the game and accidents happen.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'd message the predator if they have any knowledge that they violated the honor code and if they just got carried away, but then again I'd check if the player who ahelps know's what code they say that the predator has broken, this is to make sure that they aren't just calling an ahelp because they are not happy they got killed. Next, if the player knows which honor code the predator broke and has described what happened to an extent I can believe what happened to be true I'd then go to the whitelist council and tell them what has happened and they will be able to handle it from there.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd message them saying if they need help and if they need help to the game, if they say "yes" I'd message them with important links and guides about SS13 and CMSS13.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'd politely ask the player to calm down and deny their request for an admin because they do not need them at all during this situation. If the player refuses to comply then I'd simply ban him for rule 3.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Message that player saying it's against the rules to have a name like "John Doe" as it's against rule 12, I'd then change their name to a more appropriate one but if they fail to change their name the next round then I'd have no choice but to ban them for rule 12.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Message the MT saying "Why are you wearing that armour and have that gun?", If they give a response such as "oh i'm preparing for the dropship to crash into the ship from planet side because a evac was called" I'd tell them that that is metagaming and falls under rule 6, so they either put it all away or get banned, however it is something for the MP's to deal with if there hasn't been a evac called and the operation is going smoothly with no xenos onboard.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I'd tell the marine that the survivor had stated his intentions were hostile upon the marines landing planetside, however I would check the logs incase the survivor was lying, but otherwise it doesn't fall under any rules.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Ask the player for the name of the MP who locked them away, then contact the MP for their side of the story if the MP says "they ran into requisitions and shot someone" I'd check the combat logs to see if they did, if the MP is lying or either of them are lying, then I'd message the MP to tell them to put them in a cell and put them in for theft, but if the player is lying I'd tell them that they shot someone and will have to stay there.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Fax the CL as a W-Y executive/USCM HC, and ask them how the operation is going, if the CL says "They haven't pushed the aliens" or something like that I'd then write a fax ordering the CO to push or face legal and monetary losses or being demoted and replaced. This will hopefully jump start the CO and make them order a push.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Message them asking "why did you overdose all the patients and prevent revives?" if they respond in a way like "i felt like it" or something along those lines I'd revive the marines using moderator powers and ban the medic for rule 14, rule 3 and rule 4.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd tell the CLF that even though they have killed you it doesn't fall in EORG because as the rule states "Exceptions are between normal enemies, such as Marines and Aliens, Marines and UPP, etc."

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd message the marine asking why they did that, if they are new to SS13 or CMSS13 if they are then I'd link them the guides and important links for them, but otherwise it should be something the MP's should deal with.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Even though the marine had a semi-legitimate reason as stated by rule 14 "A fist fight does not suddenly escalate into a gun fight". I'd then check the combat logs and see if it had actually happened then I'd ban the marine who shot and killed the marine for rule 14.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd message everyone involved in the mutiny to cease now or face a ban for rule 17, as it is an improper mutiny and that they should ask for permission in ahelp before they start one.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd message the marine saying that if he is offended then they should leave the area in which they are saying those comments but also remind the player that the players are creating an RP scenario and that it shouldn't be taken so seriously.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban them for rule 14 and rule 9, but then I'd revive the marines who got shot because it is very very unfair for them to have to wait a long time to join back into the game.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Message the player as to why they done that and if they are new to CMSS13, if they are give them the important links and guides they need but otherwise I'd ban that person for rule 11.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Message the xeno telling them to stop and that it's against rule 3, while explaining to them why they should stop, then warn them but if they continue I'd ban them for rule 3.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd tell the xeno who called the shuttle the "dropship" that xenos don't know that they are called that and that their thoughts are translated into English, if the xeno continues to call it a "dropship" then I'd warn them for it.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd message the CO if he has knowledge that there are aliens down there and if someone told him, if they know because of them knowing what will happen I'd then have to write a note on the CO and bring the issue up to the whitelist council.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'd question the marine as if it was really necessary to perform such an action and ask the marine if there were additional EVAC pods they could've taken, if not I'd warn the marine on rule 14 and rule 4 because it ruined the enjoyment for another player and it was unnecessary to do that, I wouldn't ban him because they had a legitimate reason to do such a thing but it was still against the rules.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd message the player to try calm them down and if we can talk this out, if the player simply does not want to speak to me I'd ask another staff member to message them to try to get them to calm down as me messaging him will be of no help, if the player is still unhappy I'd get the staff member to say if they are unhappy about staff, file a staff report.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd ask the player why he went into SSD, if they had crashed then I'd see if the xeno's were already close by enough to of been hugged or captured but otherwise I'd message the queen saying that that a capture went SSD and was a reasonably distance away from xeno's but got hugged and couldn't get away in time for it to be fair for them, and so I'd heal the player and remove the larva.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd message the staff member saying that they gave some incorrect information and if it'll be fine if I messaged the player and gave them the correct information, if it was on accident that is. However if it was on purpose I'd apologise to the player and give the correct information then file a staff report.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd ask the staff member why they banned the player if the staff member says that they believe that the player broke a rule, I cannot argue with them because rule 0.1 says "Every example of a rule break cannot be defined as written, therefore, enforcement of the rules is subject to staff interpretation of the rule's intention." Which means it's down to the staff member if the player done something wrong.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I like gaining experience from communities and getting involved more with them and I feel this will be a nice way of gaining some experience.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Truth and the ability to judge fairly.

Anything else you
    Nope.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check if the action falls under Rule 14 and if not allow the MP's to arrest them but otherwise I would ask them why they did that, if they either say "i dunno, i felt like it and i wanted to test my gun" I'd ban them under rule 14, however if I believe it is a legitimate accident I'd tell the MP's to continue for the arrest yet again if they are bald let them go altogether as they are new to the game and accidents happen.
    This is a very minor incident and should probably be left IC, unless the player has a history of this sort of thing or there are extending circumstances.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'd message the predator if they have any knowledge that they violated the honor code and if they just got carried away, but then again I'd check if the player who ahelps know's what code they say that the predator has broken, this is to make sure that they aren't just calling an ahelp because they are not happy they got killed. Next, if the player knows which honor code the predator broke and has described what happened to an extent I can believe what happened to be true I'd then go to the whitelist council and tell them what has happened and they will be able to handle it from there.
    Staff can't discipline WL listed player who break WL rule sets (i.e. the honor code). These types of breaches need to reported on the forums so that the councils can decide upon them. That being said, staff should absolutely be investigating the incident so that they can provide info to the report if one is created.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Message the MT saying "Why are you wearing that armour and have that gun?", If they give a response such as "oh i'm preparing for the dropship to crash into the ship from planet side because a evac was called" I'd tell them that that is metagaming and falls under rule 6, so they either put it all away or get banned, however it is something for the MP's to deal with if there hasn't been a evac called and the operation is going smoothly with no xenos onboard.
    This is an IC issue. You shouldn't be enforcing any discipline upon the player unless there are extenuating circumstances (i.e. grief)

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I'd tell the marine that the survivor had stated his intentions were hostile upon the marines landing planetside, however I would check the logs incase the survivor was lying, but otherwise it doesn't fall under any rules.
    Survivors should be RP'ing somewhat, otherwise this is fine.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Fax the CL as a W-Y executive/USCM HC, and ask them how the operation is going, if the CL says "They haven't pushed the aliens" or something like that I'd then write a fax ordering the CO to push or face legal and monetary losses or being demoted and replaced. This will hopefully jump start the CO and make them order a push.
    You wouldn't be contacting the CL, you would contact the CO, though I think I know where you were trying to go with this. The Marine have a significant advantage in numbers, just CA, SM or PM to get the marines moving.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Message them asking "why did you overdose all the patients and prevent revives?" if they respond in a way like "i felt like it" or something along those lines I'd revive the marines using moderator powers and ban the medic for rule 14, rule 3 and rule 4.
    Staff should never get involved in situations where in which they are an involved party. Let another staff member take over.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd message the marine asking why they did that, if they are new to SS13 or CMSS13 if they are then I'd link them the guides and important links for them, but otherwise it should be something the MP's should deal with.
    This is a breach of no major round start shenanigans. Warn them or ban them if this is a repeat offence.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd message the marine saying that if he is offended then they should leave the area in which they are saying those comments but also remind the player that the players are creating an RP scenario and that it shouldn't be taken so seriously.
    Minor racism is allowed, if it goes overboard you can tell the marines to cut it out.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Message the player as to why they done that and if they are new to CMSS13, if they are give them the important links and guides they need but otherwise I'd ban that person for rule 11.
    Unless the Queen is frontlining and the larva wanted to get close to the queen but didn't know she was frontlining this should be a ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Message the xeno telling them to stop and that it's against rule 3, while explaining to them why they should stop, then warn them but if they continue I'd ban them for rule 3.
    This isn't a rule 3 breach, but it is a RP standard breach.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd tell the xeno who called the shuttle the "dropship" that xenos don't know that they are called that and that their thoughts are translated into English, if the xeno continues to call it a "dropship" then I'd warn them for it.
    Your answer here makes no sense. You're telling the player that Xeno's communication is translated in to English, yet you would warn him for calling an object something in English? The rules specifically state that the Xeno's communication translates stuff, so there for calling the dropship a dropship is fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd message the CO if he has knowledge that there are aliens down there and if someone told him, if they know because of them knowing what will happen I'd then have to write a note on the CO and bring the issue up to the whitelist council.
    This wouldn't be a WL rules breach, this would be a server rule breach. You can (and have to) enforce the server rules.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'd question the marine as if it was really necessary to perform such an action and ask the marine if there were additional EVAC pods they could've taken, if not I'd warn the marine on rule 14 and rule 4 because it ruined the enjoyment for another player and it was unnecessary to do that, I wouldn't ban him because they had a legitimate reason to do such a thing but it was still against the rules.
    Marines can 'free up' a spot on an evac pod if the ship is under an evacuation order and they have Xeno's hot on their tails. It is asked that at least some RP is done however, in a pinch no RP can be overlooked.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd message the player to try calm them down and if we can talk this out, if the player simply does not want to speak to me I'd ask another staff member to message them to try to get them to calm down as me messaging him will be of no help, if the player is still unhappy I'd get the staff member to say if they are unhappy about staff, file a staff report.
    Warn them, if they don't, escalate from there.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd ask the player why he went into SSD, if they had crashed then I'd see if the xeno's were already close by enough to of been hugged or captured but otherwise I'd message the queen saying that that a capture went SSD and was a reasonably distance away from xeno's but got hugged and couldn't get away in time for it to be fair for them, and so I'd heal the player and remove the larva.
    No, you should never be Ahealing player's for this. It's unfortunate but crashes and moments where you have to step away for a moment happen to us all.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd message the staff member saying that they gave some incorrect information and if it'll be fine if I messaged the player and gave them the correct information, if it was on accident that is. However if it was on purpose I'd apologise to the player and give the correct information then file a staff report.
    Why would you tell the player to file a staff report? Just tell the staff member in the question the correct info and go from there.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd ask the staff member why they banned the player if the staff member says that they believe that the player broke a rule, I cannot argue with them because rule 0.1 says "Every example of a rule break cannot be defined as written, therefore, enforcement of the rules is subject to staff interpretation of the rule's intention." Which means it's down to the staff member if the player done something wrong.
    No, you do not get involved. You collect the info and send it to you superior.

-----------------------------------------

On Top of the fact that there are a lot of wrong answers here, you have 3 notes within the last month. You're also really really new. I would advise sitting this out and trying again in 3 months or so after you have learned the game and gotten to know the community.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your note history, I don't think you qualify just yet. We are being extremely picky since we have done some mass recruiting and although I appreciate you trying, you need to play a little bit more and stay note free.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello AlbertBlackwell, thanks for showing interest in joining the moderation team!

I make Rob's words my own words. You are fairly new, you have 3 notes, one of them is bad. You need to spend more time in the server and understand the rules as you intend to ENFORCE them.

If you need a guidance of how are we doing, look the accepted apps.

Stay more, watch more, read the rules carefully and apply in the future.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going over the app, there isn't any major problems, but rather the cumulative amount of small mistakes that ires me. I'm going to ignore the notes and your newness. I am going to stay neutral, for now.

In the meanwhile:

A player keeps making ahelps every now and then about requesting midis to be played, and items to be spawned. This has been noted two times prior for unnecessary ahelps.
    Please formulate a message you would send to the player, and the punishment, if you deem it necessary.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not gonna pile on so ill be brief.

You are very new, play more

You have alot of notes recently, stop getting notes

You could benefit looking at other apps

-1 Im afraid.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mirror what's been said already. It's going to be a no from me for now, but I might support this in a month or two.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in charge of mods now.
    Like I said before, thanks for applying, but based on the above feedback, I'm going to say no thank you.

However you may try again in 30 days.