User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Poor PFC Albert 'Flash' Blackwell had his FOB surrounded by xeno's the poor PFC tried to get an evac off the doomed planet but the silly CO said to poor little PFC Blackwell, "No." poor PFC Albert Blackwell decided that his time had came, he died from a runner ready to pounce on poor PFC Blackwell the crushers came and finished him off, poor PFC Blackwell died a tragic death.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice colony
    Alpha Medic

Be busy fixing a Deltard, notice an awful lot of marines are running by.
    STOMP STOMP STOMP
    notice jet black object heading straight for me and the Deltard.
    Someone fires a grenade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFC John Witmore pushing with delta on Prison got knocked out....2 minutes later i wake up among the dead and hear "EVAC IS FINSIHED" at that momment PFC witmore knew he was fucked spent 5 minutes by myself got found killed a Runner and a dumbfuck defender that Went Fort in doorway so i killed him too i think he was 1/3 Health so good for me then got ganked by 2 Ravs and died

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be me.
    Be a Simple PFC with smartscoped carbine deployed on Ice Colony.
    Get order with some other guys to protect T-Comms.
    Shit hits the fan, Xenos Cut off T-comms from LZ1, Forcing other squads to retreat, or obliterating them.
    Get assigned aSL
    Command yells to EVAC.
    T-comms fort yells back We can't we're cut off.
    Heavy Siege begins.
    Then EXTERMINATUS falls on our heads, when we repel another wave of those pesky lizards.
    Get thrown against the wall by the blast.
    Be dying in pain, watching as your fellow Highlanders are in same situation or worse, dragged away into darkness.
    T-comms stands!
    The barricades broke before Marines did!
    *End of transmission*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That time I called for an OB as a delta marine on ice colony except I offset by the wrong axis.

Watched my corpse getting gibbed as I was still looking through my binoculars to see if it would hit the xeno horde right next to us and just went "Oh".

Last edited by Cakey; 08-07-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everytime when I playing survivor I have this moments at every second.
    I remember, how we were on Solaris Ridge and when we heard dropship we started to run to it. But..
    We saw xenos. A lot of xenos(runners, lurkers and others) and at this moment I thought:
    Oh god, oh fuck I�m going to die.
    And I died, cause chestbursting.
    Last edited by GeniyEvgeniy; 08-08-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyrospec, prison station. Leading my squad through the tunnels, haven't seen a xeno beyond a couple of runners we scared off. Go through a door and get greeted by 2 ravagers and the queen, who instantly screeches upon seeing me.

*shrug

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't die yet cuz Cheng is GREAT

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember this round I was PO on Ice. CIC orders all Marines off the FOB. Both transport pilots get killed/severely injured by Benos swarming the FOB before the Marines recapture it. I get transferred over to transport while the other CAS PO flies solo. I do a few runs, one of the transport POs goes permadead, other joins me. CIC orders all Marines off the FOB again. Queen steps onto the dropship and tries to get to us in the cockpit. We manage to launch, but both of us die to the Queen. I get revived, the other PO goes permadead. I go to get patched up, but have to fix Alamo's controls. I fix it up, head back to Medbay for surgery, and take over. While I'm out of commission, CIC sends Normandy to recover Delta from LZ2 after Delta was wiped. Normandy PO gets killed and goes permadead before CIC can even call the Normandy up.

At this point, the POs have had a 75% fatality rate, the FOB has been abandoned and lost multiple times, and I decide to put my foot down. I tell the XO that if the Marines are ordered off the FOB again (I think I'd experienced two boarding incidents by this point) I'd instantly cryo. Not even five minute later CIC orders all Marines off the FOB. Again. I just told the XO to find someone else to fly the dropships and cryoed. I'd already died once to CIC insanity, but that one time was my best "I guess I'll die" moment.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I do literally anything even remotely considered 'not by the book' with Synths.

You should see my DMs.
    It's virtually an execution.