User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As henrik, some dumb fuck PO locked the side doors on ice LZ2, just as we were about to evac. Ended up having to fight the entire hive, cornered, with two muhreens
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo Sniper Spec, maybe a week or two earlier.
    MOU slugged in the chest, then FF with AP (dunno if M41 or M39) on burst before we even start establishing FOB. Pounced on by lurkers and runners while I cover for medics and secure hydro road/north nexus. Later, I come up with the QRF to help the second push, get FF'd a bunch. Of course someone uses HEFA during the push to containers and almost murders me. Blown up by CAS and the tank both because of some miscommunication and a misclick. Decide to fall back. Pounced on by lurkers twice on my way back - once two tiles from Hydro, once in the middle of a bunch of marines. Latter pounce got me several more fractures because marines fucking shot me instead of the lurker. Head up for medbay. Some retard leaves the LZ1 cades open. Runner-Burrower run in. Try to defend the wounded with my rifle IFF. Instead get shot with buckshot, lose my entire arm, fly off into LZ1, and get dragged by by the runner. Vored by the burrower, then proceeded to get dragged down into a tunnel and die in eastern caves.
    I stopped playing for a bit after that round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sitting in the autodoc after evac, suddenly "DROPSHIP ON COLLISION COURSE" and stuff starts exploding just to my west, autodoc spits me up good as new and the dropship lands 10 tiles away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Can't die yet cuz Cheng is GREAT
    I have a moment for you actually.

In front of Eta, Cheng was fighting with two alphas.
    Then, a praetorian and a carrier showed up from east, and after a brief scuffle, managed to tackle down Cheng. While the alphas took potshots with unmodded L42 and then just let the aliens take him.
    He was very disappointed.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    I have a moment for you actually.

In front of Eta, Cheng was fighting with two alphas.
    Then, a praetorian and a carrier showed up from east, and after a brief scuffle, managed to tackle down Cheng. While the alphas took potshots with unmodded L42 and then just let the aliens take him.
    He was very disappointed.
    Yuh man. And yo Tyson, I love playing with you.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone did this to me in nexus with a mou.

It killed me instantly. And blew out my heart.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god cash i remember that, i think that was the one were the queen got caught on the alamo and basically threw the game for the xenos

In that game i thought aliens were about to overrun nexus so i just ate a bunch of QC becuase i lost my gun.... marines actually held and won derp BUT THERE WAS SO MANY ALIENS I THOUGHT WAS GONER WITH ONE LEG LEFT!

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing a PFC mini-engi on Prison Station, we had a good round, I kept myself busy welding vents and building the occasional metal barricades to prevent us from being flanked and/or harrassed by Runners and other aliens. We were about to win with only 7 benos left, and since by that point I've been burned all over, cut, slashed, crushed and treated for all of it well over two dozen times, plus almost every bone in my body was broken, I decided it's time to skitter back to LZ1 and hitch a ride back to the ship and drop by medbay and requisitions.

By the time I finally got completely fixed up and rearmed, as I was boarding the Alamo again, a command announcment went out that north LZ FOB had been breached, and there was no other recent comm chatter. I paid it no mind as I had assumed everyone was busy fighting off the attack and nobody had called for evac.

Then, the Alamo lands, the doors open, and in rush over 30 or so aliens. What a heartbreaking end to an otherwise great round. And all of that because marines decided to lemming rush the queen's final holdout in tiny groups and therefore let the remaining benos replenish their numbers greatly.
    Last edited by 50RemAndCounting; 08-24-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I see a crabbed marine getting dragged off. I can't not try and save them, but I usually just end up jacked up or dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One that always sticks in my mind is launching an escape pod just as a warrior lunged in after me.

I was then rather promptly punched out of the airlock.