User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was playing siege and I glanced over at my laptop to see a big ol' ban message where the chat used to be

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went into ETA via the caves and found/killed the Queen. I hear many screeches and doors being pried open nearby and realize my time has run out. I say my final words on comms as the entire xeno hive comes charging through the airlock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing medic like always, helping people out. WHEN OUT OF NOWHERE a claymore goes off right next to me. Now my dumbass did not see it there, and I guess the other marine dragging a KOed survivor did not either.
    So here we lay on the floor, white screen and no sound. In comes a rav and a handy bunch of spitters to beat and kill what they don't drag off. In this moment I get up and fire my rifle off, only to be shot in the ass by the guy I was fixing up before all this happened. So now I have been shot with a shotgun slug at point blank and am in crit after my other wounds as well. Rev goes up and my leg flies off.

OOF I was pissed. What that's the game baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd latejoined as RO (probably because the last one cryoed) and, after barely getting caught up, a disgruntled SADAR spec came up and pointed his RPG at me.

Thought for sure I was gonna get blown away.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I tried to throw a grenade over a barricade. Didn't knew you couldn't do it in diagonal. When I realized the live grenade was at my feet. I looked at the medic next to me and told myself "Oh shi-" *Explosion*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anytime CO commands a charge into underground on ice.

Joking aside I posted this story in another thread months ago, this one always sticks out to me, the bald surgeon. I got crippled by a xeno and was waiting to be operated on. There were only two doctors. One competent and one bald. So I am about to go on the operating table but this other marine gets the chestburster express lane. The competent doctor leaves to go perform surgery on two other hosts and leaves me, the other marine and baldy alone. I proceed to watch this marine get beaten in the face with the anesthetic mask before a chestburster comes out and escapes. He then turns to me and drags me to another surgery room where he proceeds to beat me to death trying to fix my broken leg. Okay granted I got revived later but I still died.

Edit: forgot to say that he kept beating my corpse until the competent one came in.
    Last edited by Manfromuncle; 09-18-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV-624, PFC Anders Thomassen was in the caves with Delta SL and a marine of another squad (I forgot which). Running to try and escape the marine throws a HEDP which bounces of an "invisible wall" and badly wounds all three marines. Then come the aliens. I am being dragged off and try to get my grenade but I die before I can take the alien with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh_no.jpg

Rock and a hard place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�n always ready to die.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Bravo SL, I gathered up some marines for a scouting party to retrieve fallen marines from behind enemy lines, find the pyro Spec, get my medic to define them. Small alien force finds us and we defend ourselves. Heal up, Ravager runs up to me and gets a good hit on me, armor took the blow and received minimal damage, big brain Pyro blue flames me to kill the Ravager, then picks up M37 and puts a slug in my head as I stand up, then SADAR gibs me the final time a stand up.