User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    As Bravo SL, I gathered up some marines for a scouting party to retrieve fallen marines from behind enemy lines, find the pyro Spec, get my medic to define them. Small alien force finds us and we defend ourselves. Heal up, Ravager runs up to me and gets a good hit on me, armor took the blow and received minimal damage, big brain Pyro blue flames me to kill the Ravager, then picks up M37 and puts a slug in my head as I stand up, then SADAR gibs me the final time a stand up.
    Less how I will die but more how I will be executed by FF to death.

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During CIC defense we trapped two carriers using the lockdown method, and one of them backed me into the lower CIC armory and started spam stunning me while they slashed me. I finally stood up, drew my SO pistol and initiated my epic gamer click macro. However, Jackson Dee had JUST gibbed said carrier as I stood up and, being in the direction the carrier had been, proceeded to take all 9 .45 caliber heavy pistol bullets to the chest in less than a second, dropping dead 2 seconds later when the server finally registered how fucked he was.

Sorry Dee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I post on someone else's behalf? Alpha spec on a recent big red round was past the cade-line with others. Xenos attack, he gets clawed up, then set on fire. He cloaks to try to escape, but the marine firing line behind him can't see him, and he gets shot to shit by FF. While he's on the ground, with one leg blown off by said FF, a boiler acid cloud lands squarely on top of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a round on Big Red, I was playing as SADAR spec for Charlie squad. We got orders to go with Delta down to the cave entrance, and ended up in a slugging match there with a few aliens. Both squads ended up mishmashed all together as usual, of course. I'd pulled out my SADAR and was aiming it at a nearby prae, and just as I clicked to fire a drone came running out, taking an HE rocket right to the dome a couple of tiles away from me.

After I recovered from the blast, I reloaded my SADAR with an AP rocket to try to kill another prae that had also showed up. As I clicked to fire yet again, a Delta marine ran up right in front of me. Sorry, whoever that was.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank bay defense, Everything is super fine. We're holding, SUDDENLY. The benos are flanking us via ladders. I got a box of grenades. Pew pew pew, Its holding. THEN HERE COMES A DOCTOR, SHUFFLES ME FOR NO REASON AND THE GRENADE BOUNCES BACK UNDER US. Fucking blows up directly under me and the box went up.

Woosh, You got no chest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During a Pod Defense, the last Pod was already filled with Three Marines, im out of ammo so I basically pull out my Knife and try to hold off the Xenos to allow them to escape. I end up having to 1v1 a Ravager.

Suffice to say, it did not end well. Also all the Marines in the Pod died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solaris ridge- PFC Krill 'Deadman' Nevlin

Multiple xeno's pushing down cave tunnel. Delta squad is attempting a fall back. Goes to throw a grenade, someone steps in front of him. Leg explosively amputated and then eaten by a runner. They got the other dude too

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    recently went IFF carbine/revolver with light armor and joined mid round, went with a few other marines out of medical on big red to already being attacked outside of it, the few marines held their own as they slowly started dying off, and we got cut off by xenos at medbay south entrance, i had barely survived without a scratch, and hadnt seen a xeno, so i was wondering if they were still at the medbay entrance, and they werent. I went inside and saw a lot of resin shit, figured if there were any left in medbay they'd be getting pushed by fob and i could pincer them to make space then rush behind friendly lines, which was a neat idea, up until a ravager spotted me outside south lobby and a bunch of T3s fucking dog piled me, which is when i knew my death approached. I bled out after being kicked the shit out of, then vored by a burrower and taken to the hive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Alex View Post
    One that always sticks in my mind is launching an escape pod just as a warrior lunged in after me.

I was then rather promptly punched out of the airlock.
    Shit that might have been me. Then I tried to chill with the other guy in there since it launched immediately but he set me on fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A predator decided to hunt a wounded survivor directly infront of me. I defended the survivor and later got hunted by this predator.

Managing to force it off me, a second predator comes by and I flame it thinking I was still getting hunted. They rush me with a clansword but I fought them off.

By this point I was still worthy as everything that happened was because of them hunting me or others right next to me.

They keep walking to the sides of the FOB and pointing at me, so I decide "what's the worst that could happen, one might rush me then run away". Wrong, they both baited me to RP then rushed me at full speeds with their primaries.

Needless to say, I died. Preds broke the honor code. In the end, I got ERT PFC then killed a few of them