User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo Engi

After a an existance of pain, constructing things, running out of materials and the RO getting killed early in the Round thanks to a runner or lurker, we were failing to hold nexus. On the EVAC bird the CO came and got off, before everyone that could piled on and we ran the fuck away. Yada Yada. Bugs on the Alamo. Welp. Time to prepare to die.

I choose the Engi Prep Room, because hey It's my room. I'll set up some guns, and some barricades for the door, and wait for the fuckers. So I gather up some metal. Secure my self three extra pulse rifles, a bag of ammo, and three extra shotguns plus boxes of slugs. And I set up two barricades with barbed wire, and bolt the door. Optimisitic, I think I might be able to live for two minutes with this set up.

And then it comes. Crashing in full force. Blowing away the south wall. Well fuck, now I'm trapped and they can spit at me through the vendors. It can't get any fucking worse now.

And then it does. The servers high pop, so the DS is taking it's time to load in, I notice the front half of the Alamo to the NW of me by a couple of tiles. And I firgue.... I'm standing right where the engine naccele thing is... Shit. I quickly run to right, and then the the engine gets in my face.

But I'm not dead. Just trapped, only one tile to cry in. Sitting here as the benos pile out the back of the Alamo to come laugh at the Engi Trapped in their prep room that can easily be shot to death by spitters. And so I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing red flashing tiny object with exclamation mark over it nearby while a giant green ball flew pass me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember I was PFC Tori Evans of Bravo squad I was assigned to watch the north caves of Solaris Ridge with 3 other people, it was quite boring until a drone came along and planting weeds and taunting us well we got fed up and decided to kill it, it was all good until the queen decided to come in! We were scared. My fellow marine got attacked but I finished the queen off with a couple of PB buckshot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >be Bravo SG
    >holding FOB against Xenohorde
    >FRAG OUT!
    >plasteel cade drops
    >Beep beep beep beeeep!
    >The Queen emits a loud shaking roar!
    >mfw the Alpha engie besides me explodes
    >I get sent flying into the Queen
    >get recieved and gibbed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Join late as a MT
    -Xeno about to crash into Almayer,welp
    -went to amoury to gear up
    -went straight to south pod
    -xeno crash into Almayer,all pod launch without me
    -Queen came steam roling last few people holding out,manage to escape through Maintenance
    -Get lost in the darkness of the ship without a light Source
    -xeno mange to find me and kill me

Worst time to late join

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Red, Xenos take LZ1 from the North while the DS is gone while also pushing the FOB from the front. Command keeps telling us to hold out and promotes me to aSL, so I drop orders as often as I can. DS finally arrives (w/o pilot) and we, on cue, get well and truly pushed out of the LZ. Manage to buy time with cades but south is falling and north is gone. Marines around me are falling, I shout one last order, draw my pistol, and blow my brains out to avoid capture.

Gotta recognize when there's no way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    death before dishonor eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and a few other bravos downed a burrower in Marshalls I walk into a acid trap as the absolute chad of an alpha spec spams HEFA one tile away I got up once to say no more nades then died

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaven View Post
    Big Red, Xenos take LZ1 from the North while the DS is gone while also pushing the FOB from the front. Command keeps telling us to hold out and promotes me to aSL, so I drop orders as often as I can. DS finally arrives (w/o pilot) and we, on cue, get well and truly pushed out of the LZ. Manage to buy time with cades but south is falling and north is gone. Marines around me are falling, I shout one last order, draw my pistol, and blow my brains out to avoid capture.

Gotta recognize when there's no way out.
    Was this the one last light with RAT stopping a marine push, Pierce as CO, and a primary flame- GL tank?

Dude the PO was dead when command sent it down, I could feel all those poor bastards die down there as the tankers gtfo on the alamo when the north fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that was the one. Command kept telling us that the Alamo was 'en route' and I kept shooting back 'that's not soon enough'. Even if it had gotten there 30 seconds sooner it would have been a real stroke of luck for us to get out alive. I thought about doing a runner for LZ2, but we were just too penned in.