User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV-624
    Queen Alien

Went into a tight room just to screech and get some good kills. Ended up getting followed by like 10 Xenos ALL T2/T3.
    Tank rolls up to block the entrance.
    1/3rd of the team tied in about 2-3 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorokyne Strata.

Marines holding against a horde of Xenos, we're doing alright.

See a Bravo PFC pitch two M15s into a wall, they fall right on top of him. I am next to them.

They Gitlabbed about some completely mysterious bug that made M15s drop on the spot and somehow didn't affect any of the other players with them, or the functionally similar flares/M40s.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XO Salvador Kepplinger

On the Almayer we were holding pods. Half of marines stayed in tank bay, so xenos basically went door to door killing the small pockets of marines. When I saw our cades melt and queen came in I knew I was done for. She screeches and, like every other time I am already dead because when queen picks you, you don't escape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorokyne, as a Bravo Engineer.

I put up a Sentry, perfectly watching a chokepoint with only one tile space at the entrance, which is covered by a barbed Plasteel barricade. Everything looks fine, will hold up.
    Enter an Alpha with a Flamethrower, who blocks the entrance, keeps spouting fire at a Ravager, and thus blocking the carefully-placed Sentry. The Alpha gets hit by acid, the Barricade breaks under the Ravager's claws, and the Xenos start flooding into the room. I could just stare in disbelief, and get mulched by Xenos teeth, while the carefully-placed Sentry could only get one burst off before getting smashed.

I kinda believe my Engineer just stood there, hand covering his face in shame, until he finally had the sweet release of death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorokyne Strata.

>Be me, freshly spawned survivor.
    >Know where I can find 1-3 heavy machineguns on the edge of the jungle bit of the map.
    >Rush to grab heavy machineguns, giddy at the thought of setting up a holdout with three machineguns and my fellow survivors.
    >genius.jpg
    >Don't grab a weapon, just have rail light pistol for light.
    >Get to hut, rush in and start scooping up machineguns.
    >Here door prying sound from door out I closed.
    >Ohshit.wav
    >Door opens, with Queen standing there.
    >OHFUCK.png
    >Fire pistol at Queen in desperation as she closes the distance.
    >holdout pistol does fuck all
    >Queen backs me into a corner and starts lifting me into the air as I helplessly smack her with a crowbar.
    >gib.rip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, queen killing a defenseless survivor.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benbot16 View Post
    Ah yes, queen killing a defenseless survivor.
    A story as old as time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV-624, Operation Salty-624 (yes that was the literal name of the OP), as Delta Ungard PFC

Got crabbed and had to go back up to ship, came back down learning that bunch of Delta got wiped and rest are holding near eastern cave. Walked to the rear of the frontlines, then IT HAPPENS. A DOORBELL IN REAL LIFE GOES OFF. It was package for one of my other family members. Grabbed it and came back upstairs. And then I saw on my screen the entire xeno hive barreling down on where used to be the front, with the queen 5 tiles away from me. Turned on the ingame walkman that I was using for radio headset and charged forward as I was basically dead anyways. Didn't get far, but at least I wasn't captured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Soro, heavy siege of the LZ1 FOB, right as evac gets called a lurker pops out of a busted pipe in the FOB - as expected a lot of marines jump and start killing it, then Delta GL Spec fires a nade at him, stunning or outright killing 4 marines as the xenos break through the lines. I end up tossed with another guy landing ontop of me - through my downed vision I can see aliens mauling the guy ontop of me, but I don't think to hit "rest" before I wake up from the nade stun and I stand up. I make a run for the shuttle, and given that I popped up out of nowhere from underneath another guy the xenos take a second to give chase - of course that Delta spec set off an incind grenade in my path but no biggie, I make it around it and the xenos weren't willing to take a shortcut through the fire to cut me off. Then finally the Delta spec shoots at the xenos chasing me. By shooting a nade between me and the bird. I'm blown back into the horde of xenos, the bird leaves without ol' David.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be synth.
    Find people recruiting for mutiny.
    Ask Command to join.
    Command agrees and says to be double agent.
    Mutineers are executed.
    Acting as double agent revive Mutineers.
    Having earned trust get names of all Mutineers.
    Report in to command.
    Get arrested for Sedition.
    Be executed.