User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What are your best "I guess I'll die" moments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you see queen screech and neuro gas glob goes in afterwards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Alamo crashes, you’re a researcher who just made a huge double bluespace beaker chem grenade to buy you time to get to the escape pods... but power goes out before you can leave research. And you start to hear the creaking as the outer doors are pried open. Only one way to go at that point. And it involves priming the grenade before they violate your PhD face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years back when sentries and mines were at their peak and you could still shoot through grilles, I was the only marine left on the planet. I had four turrets and two boxes of mines in the center of a Nexus FOB, with literal piles of marine gear scattered EVERYWHERE (they'd been abandoned). I set the turrets on each side of the golden wall, scattered mines throughout the piles of marine gear, and did my best to hold off an entire hive.

Lasted about twenty minutes, killed a Ravager and some runners, and then blew up a fuel tank once the xenos got in through the side but didn't manage to kill anything. They butchered me after that. I learned from one of the dead runners that they'd started calling me a demon halfway through, it was pretty badass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV-625

Having stayed behind to revive some deltards at the west gap, Medic Johnny “No PhD” Smith had to go to the beaches alone. Trying to get there stealthily, Johnny made a quick shortcut through the hut in the west. Right as he was hopping the window frame to get out, Johnny spots a tunnel and thinks, “Wouldn’t it be wild if a xeno came out of that right now?” Enter stage left, Runner, who promptly tackles John, knocks his gun away, and slices his right leg off. Knowing his chances were slim, John remembered he stashed a training nade to scare off any xenos. “Yes,” he thought, “This will give me enough time to grab my shotgun!” Quickly grabbing the nade from his chest, he primes and throws it at the xeno. Suddenly, John remembers he keeps his training nade in his bag and instead of his chest. Now looking on in terror, John’s emergency HEFA beeps down in front of his face while the runner quickly scampers out the window.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV-625

Marines had taken heavy losses and were pulling out. North of LZ, Cargo was filled to the brim with xenos. Charlie SL Rain Atkinson saw one of her boys bleeding out on the ground, and had to pull him back to safety. She pushed past the cades, and grabbed the Private. Knowing the xenos were moments from jumping her, she pulled out a HEFA grenade to cover her retreat. She had heard horror stories, but she knew all she had to do was prime and throw. "What could be easier" she thought. In one hand she held a dying marine, and with the other, she primed the nade. Then a Praetorian walked around the corner and knocked her down with acid. FUCK.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roundstart, Alamo got fucked, so we deployed on Normandy instead. Fast forward an hour, I'm blind, can't breathe, shit's bad all over, I'm stumbling back to LZ1. ... I forgot the FOB was at LZ2 instead due to the earlier fuckup and realized my mistake way too late due to blindness. Then I saw the Warrior who, I shit you not, felt so bad for me he actually apologized LOOC. On the upside, I gave birth a beautiful healthy baby larva.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >latejoin

>spend most of the short round trying to get bill permad for insanity, fail miserably

>try to head to cic after xenos crash, everyone was downstairs, the benos crashed in CIC

>riot suit, alone, no lights

yep, this is penace for my sins, sorry brotherman bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    >latejoin

>spend most of the short round trying to get bill permad for insanity, fail miserably

>try to head to cic after xenos crash, everyone was downstairs, the benos crashed in CIC

You tried to have Bill Wilkerson committed?
    I’d have thought that would be the “oh I’m going to die now” moment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    >latejoin

Openly admitting to trying to perma a marine over a minor crime, lmfao

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    Openly admitting to trying to perma a marine over a minor crime, lmfao
    It was Bill Wilkerson. They couldn't get him on a major crime because he leaves no witnesses.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020