User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your advices how to survive as survivor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your advices how to survive as survivor

Hello, guys! I want your advices how to survive on colonies.
    I remember how I tried to hide in locker(and one time it�s worked) and I tried to lie on already dead body, but it doesn�t help. I also tried to build metal barricades with other survivors, but xenos rushes us.
    So, tell some survival methods, please

P.S I survived on survivor more than 8 times I think.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by GeniyEvgeniy; 08-08-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i only Survived once as survivor it was solaris and i raided the prison so i had Riot armor and a shotgun and i followed this dude who Know how to Make so if xenos tried to open doors they would get stunned via shock and we just ran around grabbing gear and Trapping Doors till we made to the Airport and held out in a bulding and heard the DS come down he disappeared after that and i eventually escaped the almayer with the CL and a Marine

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing survivor successfully requires both a lot of know-how for basically every role in the game and a decent amount of robustness.
    Two viable options exist to survive as a survivor: fortify, or wander.

The former is the more successful of the two, particularly on hi-pop rounds. Regardless of the map, you need to identify a decently defensible location with either indestructible or reinforced walls, along with a decent amount of metal and at least one shotgun. Since survivors have firearms 0 they can't shoot for shit with anything that isn't essentially made for PB, although the shotgun doesn't hurt any less just because survs cant shoot straight (unless they're lucky and roll Security or Marshall surv). Ideally, you want enough prep time to get at least two lines of cades with barbed wire ready along with gathering as much ammo you can manage, along with cutting pipes going behind your defenses and moving props that you can shoot through into the line of fire as a tertiary defense.
    Doing this solo is difficult, but possible if you choose a location that's unconventional or very difficult to breach, such as an impenetrable bottleneck hallway. Ideally, you want at least one or two other competent survivors with you to heal you and assist with building/repairing fortifications, but since baldies often enable survivor don't count on it.

Wandering is significantly more difficult but is also very rewarding and fun if you know exactly what you're doing. There aren't many rules to this besides having a decent weapon and knowing how to outrun and outmaneuver groups of xenos. Don't try this if you don't know the map like the back of your hand.

Some helpful tips that work for either strategy:

• Figure out which wire to hack to bolt doors early on. Since most often there's no power on the map yet you can easily bolt doors to buy yourself time to scavenge and build defenses. Try not to lock yourself in, however, as if you bolt yourself into an unpowered room you either need a charged power cell and an APC nearby or you'll have to shoot down the door.
    • Don't forget to remove pipes and weld vents. It's really embarrassing to get ambushed from behind while holding a fortified position.
    • Experiment with props and obstacles around the map and see which ones you can use for defenses. If you leave them unwrenched inside a line of cades most often you can shoot through them.
    • Try observing a map beforehand as a ghost to figure out which locations have supplies or are good defensible positions before rolling for survivor so you don't have to figure it out on the go. Don't worry, it's not metagaming since all survivors know the map intrinsically since they lived there.
    • Always have an exit strategy, either for running from xenos breaking down your defenses or to prevent yourself from getting captured.
    • Every second counts from roundstart. Make sure every movement and button press will help in the long run.
    • Use station-bounced radios! Most survivors pick one up along the way and they usually work the whole round. Coordinate scavenging and defense efforts.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't. Devs want you to die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay away from me if you wish to live..

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically what callisto sayed. Survivor is by Far, the hardest role when It comes to combat. Your skillset sucks, you start with a pistol and usually, zero on fire arm skill, only a handful of metal, and chances are, your baldie survivor buddies are dead/hiding in a locker. You also basically die in a few slashes because chances are, you wont have armor.

But never use the Riot armor. Just dont. Speed is vital for survivors, and you need It to outrun benos. If you find yourself on the run, try to get out of the Xeno's screen, and move as Far as possible. Try to put any obstacles between you and death, and always, ALWAYS use shotties. SMGs are fine for light supressing and shooting xenos dancing outside your buckshot range.

Still, zero gunskill 90% of the time. First step to become a decent survivor is mastering medical, and learning thy art of the Holy PB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV-624 is the shittiest map for survivors, so you'll need to know what you're doing when it comes up. If you spawn close to Secure Dome(where all the cool weapons are), you might be able to quickly nab a welder from Tcomms and break through the dome walls before the runner gang gets you. If you spawn further away, your best bet is to run to Nexus armory and get the shotty there. Unload the shitty slugs and load it up with buckshot, then make for Secure Dome. Hopefully there'll be another survivor breaking into the dome by the time you get there, and you can help him out by building barricades and fending off the xenos while he works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ERP in the locker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the key points have already been said, (Survivor main, Also highly likely to be the one DeltaTeal is talking about)

But I'll say this, if your playing survivor you must figure out your own style of survival, figure out what you can do with skill/knowledge relatively quickly.

Feel free to ignore Dchat once you die unless their giving you advice, we generally just salt in there for not getting survivor.

Also know the map, literally the most important point if you don't know the map via ghosting like the back of your hand go and ghost and watch a few more rounds until you know the spawn of every single gun or piece of ammo, bonus points if you know what stuff spawns from nightmare randomization.

Get to know engineering well, and by that I mean both the area of the map and the skill. Engineering generally has stuff you want, Blowtorch,Powercells,Metal and the skill it's self is very handy for securing your self.

Know what skills each survivor spawn has, Some survivors such as prisoners/marshals or security start with firearms skill which means your list of decent weapons opens up(nothing beats the shotgun though, so take it if your alone)

Edit: I should add that lock hiding is generally terrible and only really works on lowpop, due to the lack of xeno's to check lockers, even then it might not work if your fellow survivors get overrun early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not play survivor... you can't die this way.

To be honest though:
    1)Find other survivors. More people means more chances to survive most of times.
    2)Find all good spots for creating fortifications, so you will be able to get to safe place no matter spawn area.
    3)Find actual weapons.

Or...
    Just hide in a locker.