0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bimby - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Wetninja

Marine Name
    Kamron 'Dude' Dadashi; Occasional Xeno (no set #)

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Ci'kuh

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, never been banned on any ss13 server.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Ci'kuh has alot to prove. To himself and his clan, he is a failure in many ways. Rarely in his history has Ci'kuh won an Honor Duel against his own kind. Although bravely fought, luck and strength have favored his opponents. A young hunter, he always bit off more than he could chew. Once, Ci'kuh was in love with a great warrior of his clan. His love was reciprocated, but his love could only accept another true hunter. Ci'kuh foolishly challenged as many suitors as would face him, and lost to them all. Scars cover his body, and death knocked many times. Pure determination kept him alive, but it was never enough. His love lost, purpose unclear, mental state degraded, he spiraled downwards. Elder Gra'noh came to him in his darkest hour, calling him to a minor war. His clan won, although a brutal battle left many dead. A survivor, Ci'kuh finally proved himself to be more, but his past haunts his future.
    The war shook his spirit, Ci'kuh had never been connected well to the gods. He sought council from his mentor Elder Gra'noh, who lead him on a spiritual journey. He traveled his home planet, a dangerous land, with nothing but his clothes. Hunted himself from the beasts of the land, he found no rest and grew weary. At times he understood he must learn to be the hunted, other times he hated being weak and helpless. Miraculously, fate took him home to the Elder, who induced him into a deep sleep. Ci'kuh dreamed of a great fire consuming his people, of their ashes consuming him. He saw a Yautja radiating with light come to him, embracing him and clearing the ash. The Elder spoke of Demigoddess S'ahul, a wise figure who must have shown him a vision. Whether it is fated he would be of importance to his people or not, Ci'kuh felt a call of purpose once more.
    This world goes to the victor, Ci'kuh learned too well. To seek redemption and clarity from S'ahul, and to grow as a hunter, he must travel to hunting grounds looking for worthy foe. Only more battles can forge him into the Yautja he must to be.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    A wary, but brave hunter. His losses push him to better himself, but this drive has proven almost fatal in the past. Ci'kuh must learn to use wits to ensure victory. I intend to stalk the action for brave warriors who have shown their skills to me. If other Yautja are active, joining with them to train would be common.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An Honor Duel is a true testament of respect in a warrior. It is acknowledging your opponent's skill as well as your own, and putting them to the test. This is shown through fair rules, and split second decisions made in battle, such as letting your opponent get back up if knocked down, or even showing mercy to an exceptional warrior.
    A hunt has much less rules, as in my opinion it can be seen as fishing for a true test, or just sport for the hunter. A hunter that does not regularly test and use their abilities will grow soft and lose. Also, killing unarmed or otherwise unprepared opponents can't really be called a true hunt.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Ci'kuh has been humbled by his losses, and respects his fellow Yautja. He will not issue a challenge to his kind, as he knows he has alot to learn. However, a duel, win or lose, is great experience and Ci'kuh would not deny a fair challenge.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I love roleplay. It's why I play ss13 (or CM for that matter), not to win or lose but to experience the events and interact with the story. Having another avenue for that, although sortof nerve-racking for me, would be great. The Predator role feels important to get correct, so I want to do my best even with the strict rules.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Bimby; 08-12-2019 at 01:14 AM. Reason: I wrote far to little for a storyline, so have been trying to expand where I can. I don't have the time right now to finish editing, and will write more tomorrow. I appreciate any feedback.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 190 word character story is not gonna cut it.

You just started playing the end of july as well.
    Your application is poor as well

Overall, this is a no from me.

I suggest next time you use our whitelist help discord channel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    You just started playing the end of july as well.
    I've been playing CM for a few years off and on, but I understand the time played could have been reset at some point or something. I have experience, but no way to show that, so understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    A 190 word character story is not gonna cut it.
    Your application is poor as well
    I suggest next time you use our whitelist help discord channel.
    Fair enough. I tried to find resources for expanding on clan lore, and other avenues but found them locked to accepted Yautja. I should have worked on it more, for sure, but wanted to post it before I went to sleep last night. Lore for Predators in the movies is few and far between, but enough excuses. I've seen the other accepted applications, most are longer so I get it.
    My point of this character was to be a young, learning hunter, as I would be ooc too. I want this, and can promise actual results and thought into my actions. Not much more I can say.
    Only hopped on the discord today after seeing it was a requirement for a few things here and there. I'm reading some tips now, but too little to late.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answer here shows willingness to do better. So do better next time. There's wiki's on the web, there's a discord channel for help. There's good and bad applications to view and learn from. Like you said yourself, you wanted to finish it before going to sleep.

This isn't a light application. Some people voice it as the hardest some people say it isn't. We like to enforce strictness so that the quality of the people who enter are above standard.

All I can say is try again in a month.

"Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I can see where this is going. Was going to try to polish and flush this story more, but doubt it would help after -2. I wrote a huge passive aggressive couple of paragraphs here as a sort of vent, and have condensed it to this. I don't like being mean or anything so some sort of positive feedback is my intention right now.

In the Applying for Predator README, under character story, "Your story length should be at minimum two paragraphs". That's it. A forced minimum on the forum application is 750 characters. That's it. ONLY by scrolling up in the discord whitelist help channel (which again, unaware of as I'm not one for joining discords) did this all start to make more sense. If you wanted an essay, or as people in the discord seem to say, around 800 word minimum, maybe state so in the actual README. There's nothing there that stated that section in particular needed an extraordinary amount of work.

I'm a "get to the point" writer in alot of ways. Most of the accepted applications feature much dialogue, and snippets of random events. I feel like I can't do it, I roleplay with people, not myself/my own made up characters. It just isn't what I expected or even now understand. Feel free to close the app, and thanks for your time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdraw at applicants request.

You may reapply in 30 days from today, like I said use our discord channel for help.