Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ScreamingIdiot - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Scidiot17

Player Name You Use Most?
    Callisto Fiore / Slick �the Quick� Imes

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Yes, 24 hour ban for 18+ banter in Dchat. Resolved through staff report and note was removed.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Executions are a necessary tool reserved for players who both refuse to fulfill both the barest responsibilities of their in-game role and engage in any form of constructive roleplay whatsoever while disrupting the round. It is a prompt, immediate execution utilized the last resort for players whose behavior is so disruptive to the game�s flow that they have to be dealt with severely and immediately.

Regular executions are reserved for players who have demonstrated a bare minimum willingness to engage with other players through RP and understanding of server rules and Marine Law. Whether an IC justification exists is irrelevant; so long as their actions warrant capital punishment but have not been majorly disruptive to the round's flow, a regular execution takes precedent.

As explained above, I will only use BEs in the event another player is being so completely destructive and unapologetic to the round�s smooth functioning and subsequent enjoyment by other players, such as randomly attacking PFCs during briefing or purposefully bombing the shuttle during the first deployment. Situations such as these require immediate action to prevent near-irreparable harm to the round�s smooth functioning, ergo why the standard procedure of a regular execution is both impractical and wasteful to the enjoyment of everyone involved.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Regardless of the role I play in any given round, I have always demonstrated a vigorous IC conviction for what the USCM represents and what it has accomplished. But more important than the spirit of the corps are the men and women that enact it: regardless of their success during a mission, their efforts, pragmatism, and survival despite the odds are always, always worthy of love and appreciation. Similarly, those who would get in the way of the corps for their own benefit are always despicable, self-interested scum. As captain, I would equally demonstrate in-character my love for the USCM Falling Falcons and my hatred for their detractors.

Oftentimes I play under COs who see PFCs as nothing more than cogs in the machine of war, meant only to fight and die at the behest of the command staff. While this isn�t strictly incorrect, I believe that every player deserves open and sincere recognition and appreciation for their efforts every round, through both verbal praise and supportive actions. This behavior, when demonstrated by a CO, is encouraging for squads, who see someone high in command actually caring about their well-being and congratulating their performance. I find this has been very conducive towards positive IC interactions and RP during the round, regardless of the circumstances. The best COs, I find, are those who have the most at stake and try their hardest in any given round, urging their men forward to the best of their abilities and giving them the respect and recognition they�re owed. I seek to emulate this behavior whenever possible.

In-character, I would share the glory and triumph of victory equally with my subordinates, while shouldering the blame for defeat even when it is inevitable. It is extremely important for the CO to give great stock to what the USCM does and represents; therefore, even the most brutally crushed efforts at completing an operation are unilaterally praiseworthy, while any wanton disrespect to the missions and standing of the USCM are to be severely punished.

For each operation, it is essential to have a clear picture of the Falling Falcon�s capabilities and combat effectiveness before making any sweeping decisions. To this end, discussing tactics with the rest of the command staff and relevant personnel such as IOs, TCs, CE, and others is both conducive towards formulating an effective battle plan and inclusive towards all facets of the USS Almayer�s crew both IC and OOC. Of course, I cannot rely on others to do my job for me and I am perfectly capable of running CIC solo, I merely wish for their input and constructive debate into the matter to show that I care what they have to add, again both IC and OOC. I believe that power is meant to be shared, not sat upon: allow another to willingly shoulder some of your burdens, and both of you shall be stronger for it.

Insubordinate engineering or Req staff is to be expected since their roles have limited use after about 15 minutes following roundstart besides running the bare-minimum functions of the USS Almayer. As has always been my policy as CMP and XO, misdemeanors not borne of malice should be treated mercifully and kindly, as they often indicate dissatisfaction with their current responsibilities or simple boredom. A trip to the brig or, preferably, an NJP fixes this, along with assigning them constructive and fun duties such as building a minibar in CIC or deploying them to assist with the FOB�s construction. Truly malicious acts, such as intentional sabotage and desertion, will always be punished according to Marine Law, and those who show no sign of ceasing their disruptive behavior are to be permabrigged or executed accordingly to preserve the integrity of the USS Almayer and the smooth flow of the round.

Bald SOs are usually fairly easy to deal with by instructing them how the overwatch console works IC, along with remaining available to guide them away from making bad decisions, or no decision at all when a squad needs them most. Simply assigning them to one squad without crucial objectives that do not require a lot of guidance, such as Bravo doing FOB duty, will usually be a safe bet to getting their feet wet in CIC. In the eventuality that I cannot instruct them personally, I would request assistance from a trusted and qualified command personnel to assist them, usually, a CE, CMP, or fellow SO that does not have pressing responsibilities. The same applies to bald MPs, though usually sitting them down and having them read Marine Law steers them away from committing major blunders. Mistakes are inevitable, all you can do is steer them away from doing something catastrophically stupid and letting them learn on their own.

Finally, in the case of any of the command staff, MTs, or MPs publicly contradicting, belittling, or doubting my orders, I would pull them aside and handle it privately IC, usually in my office or a similar private locale. I would stress the importance of trusting the judgment of your superiors as much as they trust their subordinates while encouraging them to voice their doubts in a private setting from now on. Those who refuse to do this little should be assigned to duties where they won�t butt heads with the rest of command during the round or in particularly severe cases demoted or brigged for appropriate offenses, such as multiple counts of Insubordination, Neglect of Duty, or Sedition/Desertion.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The CO is an executive leadership role. They are the ultimate authority on the USS Almayer, and every other marine player defers to and listens to their orders.

In a more practical sense during the course of the round the CO must intake tactical information from all his subordinates and subsequently provide decisive and timely orders for the whole battalion ensuring that everyone knows what they should be doing at any given time. If necessary the CO also has the responsibility of taking over the function of any other marine role if there is no one present to fulfill them or if the current job-holder is incompetent, insubordinate, or both. The CO can man Requisitions, administer Marine Law, run the dropships, and deploy to assist with the groundside operation as necessary, something no other role can do.

The CO must also trust his subordinates' own judgment in a variety of situations he doesn't have a direct hand in, be they active combat scenarios or the distribution of equipment and medical supplies amongst a squad.

The CO is also an advisory role: he must provide his subordinates with the information and advice necessary for them to make good decisions regardless of the situation or take over for them when even this isn�t enough or to protect them from their own bad decisions.

This is done through demonstrations of IC competence, decisiveness in the face of overwhelming odds, integrity, a combination of patience and firmness when maintaining order and efficiency in the corps, but above all else, initiative. Lastly, the CO should make every interaction enriching and enjoyable to both fellow command staff and lower-ranking subordinates.

In essence, the CO must make the round flow smoothly and have it be fun, efficient, and memorable as much as they are able to while serving as an example every other player should follow.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    An ability to Overwatch crew not assigned to specific squads, such as Intelligence Officers, the Tank Crew, Military Police, Maintenance Techs, and any deployed command or support personnel. This would ensure the CO can keep an eye on some of his most tactically crucial subordinates instead of relying on second-hand and often conflicting reports of their whereabouts and activities.

To further build off this, individual cameras should be built-in on any USCM uniform or armor instead of standard helmets so that any marine or support personnel can be overwatched without demanding they use helmets at all times.

Ideally, the CO should be able to spectate them from a console located in his seat in CIC, although a hand-held tablet similar in function to the Command Tablet would also be a great improvement.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    RP is, in my opinion, the best aspect of CM that is woefully underappreciated by a significant portion of the player base. By virtue of being CO, I would serve as an example for new and old players alike for model behavior both IC and OOC by encouraging them to engage in meaningful, constructive, and most importantly fun Roleplaying.

A number of COs lack the patience and taste for RP or general decorum while commanding. While I am in no way innocent of acting in an 'Unga-ish' manner, I still abide by the philosophy that, so long as I am playing CM SS13, I should remain in-character and create enjoyable RP situations at all times regardless of the circumstances.

It is also extremely important to remain patient and impartial OOC no matter the situation in-game, something I find a lot of players cannot abide by. Again, as CO I would serve as an example of professionalism, enthusiasm, and level-headedness for others to emulate along with demonstrating a genuine appreciation for the efforts of others to perform their in-game roles efficiently and innovatively along with engaging in RP whenever possible.

Of course, this won�t be at the cost of competence in any given responsibility the CO role demands; rather, RP is best when it works in conjunction with the functions of a given role, improving the enjoyability of the role for myself and for other players both IC and OOC.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

FOREWARNING: this is 7 pages long.
    Last edited by ScreamingIdiot; 08-12-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen your character that much, do you play on another timezone? The application itself is impressive though, well done.

I'm holding at neutral and wait for other people especially the council to respond. After all, my vote isn't really counted but I can vouch for you though. I just want to see how you do in game as Executive officer so I can evaluate you and give my vote here as soon as possible.

Good luck, pal! *salute

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    I haven't seen your character that much, do you play on another timezone? The application itself is impressive though, well done.

I'm holding at neutral and wait for other people especially the council to respond. After all, my vote isn't really counted but I can vouch for you though. I just want to see how you do in game as Executive officer so I can evaluate you and give my vote here as soon as possible.

Good luck, pal! *salute
    I play EST, usually evenings. Been doing command work mostly for the last couple weeks in preparation for this. XO, SO, CMP, the likes. Not as much as I'd prefer, but IRL takes priority after all.

Thanks for the good wishes regardless!

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to be honest here. This APP is beautifull. The ammount of detail and answers are pretty good. Now I'm really not sure if I had you as my XO or SO but for now I will stay neutral leaning towards +1. Good luck !
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neutral for now. Imma check you for this week or next.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    I got to be honest here. This APP is beautifull. The ammount of detail and answers are pretty good. Now I'm really not sure if I had you as my XO or SO but for now I will stay neutral leaning towards +1. Good luck !
    Aww, thanks! I've been trying to be more diligent about playing command roles recently but my schedule isn't so kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    [REMOVED]
    Baby you know it.
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 08-12-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Inappropriate/18+ comment removed.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid Work, Solid Effort, Solid Story.

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Baby you know it.
    My +1 has been removed because I said the cursed sentence that you have in your signature even tho 18+ is meant to be very explicit sexual activities or the depiction of it, not a simple reference to it but whatever

that aint stopping me from +1ing you
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 08-13-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll +1 on this, hopefully you will be not be the same with the other CO's who just got their whitelist CO and never played it again. I have not seen you as XO yet, but from experience especially people vouching you and know you are a good leader and Really good CMP, maybe the best to give a positive. Also I don't have the rights to say this since i'm only no one on this community, but please keep rolling or play more command roles especially being XO until this application will be resolved. Good answers to be honest. I think you could handle it if I saw you leading the marines instead of MP's for a change.

Good luck buddy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why in the hell was his comment removed for quoting an image in-game? Also the event happened with the whitelist manager around. Is talking about dicks in a server where everyone plays marine 18+? Oh wait I forgot you gotta be over 18 to join the marines so none of this shit makes sense.