August 12, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Pirate
    Their BYOND Key
    The Monkey (759)
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    17:35
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions

2. Investigate the situation
    Description of the incident
    ERT was announced after the round had ended and it was a pirate ERT. I was sitting in the dropship when monkeys started appearing and I assumed they were admin spawned, saw some pirates get hit by the monkeys and die. I assumed the monkeys were AI there to fight us for laughs and le end round wacky antics. After I died a while later I got PMd by Awesomesauce935 saying he was gonna ban me for 2 hours for EORG. He didn't ask me to explain what happened or investigated anything he was just letting me know he was banning me. I told him the monkeys attacked some pirates and I had thought they were there to fight pirates. He ignored what I said and said it was now a 3 hour ban for some reason. I tried to explain again but he didn't reply and I was banned for 3 hours.

I understand the system is automated but it wasn an honest mistake and I do not see the reason of why he banned me considering he didn't even bother to listen what I was saying and simply did so because he felt like it. I did not ruin the round or the game for anyone and I never commit EORG nor do I go out of my way to purposefully kill people and Im sure my note history reflects that.
    Evidence
    "Moderator PM from Awesomesauce935: Yo, i saw you killed several monkey teammates on the last drop, even with endround nonsense going on this is still a break of the rules, they don't go away after round end.

I'm giving you the 2 hour EORG ban, consider yourself lucky."

"PM to Awesomesauce935: What? The monkeys attacked me ? what the hell "

"Moderator PM from Awesomesauce935: There were at least three monkies with attack logs stating you killed them."

"Moderator PM from Awesomesauce935: 3 Hour EORG ban, even during post-round events, greif isn't ok."

"PM to Awesomesauce935: well yeah, they were hitting pirates and I thought we were against the monkeys"

"PM to Awesomesauce935: Lol one more hour uh"
    How you would punish the accused
    I think just a small reprimand would suffice since it was a short ban. I would rather he doesn't do that to someone else in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol just realized I messed up a line

Their BYOND Key

Awesomesauce935

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Title updated to reflect correct ckey for the reported.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    logs :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quick search shows no other attack logs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Addressing your accusation of what staff protocols were broken:

1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions
    There is a string of PM's, you were not banned outright. This was under EORG anyway, so this rule wouldn't normally apply, but i thought it prudent given we were doing a post-round mini-event.

2. Investigate the situation
    I did investigate in order to find players who had killed monkey's, and you were in the attack logs for at least three corpses.

I told him the monkeys attacked some pirates and I had thought they were there to fight pirates.
    We never spawn factions hostile to each other inside the same dropship, or the same side of thunderdome when we run thunderdome events. If you are ever in doubt about what your role is and who is your ally and enemy, please Ahelp first. On CM it is in fact better to ask for permission than for forgiveness as far as the rules are concerned.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all spawned in the same drop ship. This is what makes this an issue for me. I can understand some confusion about being turned into ... whatever, and seeing other odd things. But you spawned together. You should know you are not hostile. You dont just dont start attacking other people "because I saw someone else do it."

Resolved. No action taken.