Westtd
    Your Character Name?
    David Duke
    Their BYOND Key
    bathsaltsaddict
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1/2/2019
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocol 2 section A he didn't consider my side of the story and didn't give me a fair chance to explain my side of the story. Protocol 5 section A Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. I didn't hurt anyone's rp nor did I hurt anyone. Additionally he didn't give me the bare minimum punishment. A warn and me changing my name would have solved the issue and we wouldn't have a issue. Protocol 3 section A This is very important because the seriousness should match the punishment. Disregarding the fact I complied and was changing my name as he banned me. A ban was unnecessary and caused more issues. Protocol 1 section A he didn't give me a respectable time to respond. He asked to make a new name and I began to think as I don't change my name often so I wanted to make it count. But the trial moderator repeated the question. Then perceived me not responding as me being confrontational. I answered all his questions and gave him a new name 5 minutes later.
    Description of the incident
    I was informed by a trial moderator that name was inappropriate. After complying with the admin he informed me I was previously warned. This is a report on the first admin who improperly dealt with the situation by not properly investigating the situation.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/5QUWuKz. Not really a lot but I refused any evidence besides that.
    How you would punish the accused
    I would remove him from staff as to stop this from happening because of him ever again. I don't think the fact that he is a trial mod should excuse his actions. He had the ability to solve the issue with less harmful methods but he didn't he unnecessarily escalated the situation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, so i'm posting this 1. so that the logs and evidence needed to resolve this are there, and 2. as a witness, given I was online and there when this occurred. For starters;

Notes for westtd:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

On top of that, PMs between you and the Trial Moderator;
    Spoiler Spoiler:

As far as I am aware, I see nothing wrong with how this was handled, though a manager/head may disagree. You had been warned prior, just today may I add, as given in your first note and failed to change the name after asked to do as such. Moderators do not have the perms ingame to change your name, and thus if there are no Admin+ individuals on the server, which at the time of your ban there was not, then we may leave it as a note and ask you to change it next round. If you fail to do so, then the next step is to give you a 3 hr ban. We have been told to escalate punishments, rather then give the same punishment for repeat offenses. Standard escalation procedures for bans: warning, 3 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 7 days. Again, I saw nothing wrong with how this was handled ingame, nor do I see any issue with how it was handled now. Though I am not the one to resolve these reports, and thus, one of the individuals with the task may see the evidence brought up and believe otherwise. Regardless, Have a good day and I hope my response shed light upon the situation.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my side of the story. I was alerted in ahelps to a character named David Duke. A quick google search reveals that David Duke was a former grand wizard of the KKK. Alright. I ping you, and, as indicated by the logs, I wait a few minutes before pinging you again. At another moderator's advice, I sleep you in order to force you to respond, and you finally do. This indicated some red flags, but I chalked it up to just messages being lost in the chat box.

Things proceed well enough, and I go to ask an admin to change your name to what you requested until I have a gander at your notes and see on the very same day, another staff member prior had already warned you to change your character's name. Now, I'm not allowed to tell you who that staff member is, but if they happen to see this and want to comment their side of things, they are free to do so if they so wish.

Throughout our discussion, you attempted to maintain that you had simply not seen the previous staff member trying to get you to change your name. However, I've established the following.

1. If you had missed the previous bwoink from the other staff member, you would have been slept or, if you still had not failed to respond, possibly even banned. This is congruent with the fact that while waiting for you to respond to my first bwoink, you were active and moving about the ship and had not responded until 30~ seconds after my second ahelp when I slept you.
    2. You tried to opine that the staff member messaged you and applied the note while you were "creating your character" but the system would have only listed your ckey as your character name if you were in the lobby. ([23:10:25]ADMIN: PM: Westtd/(David Duke)->Bath Salts Addict/(Ali Amir): If he did when I first joined I didn't see it cause I was creating my charecter )
    3. Before that, even, you claimed it was a randomly generated name. I'm welcome to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I've seen a lot of randomly generated names and as time goes on you start to notice the repeating names. Of all the randomly generated names I've seen, 'Duke' has never been a first name or surname. So to go even further and claim that "David Duke" is a randomly generated name is astronomical in terms of unlikelyness.

Based on the conclusions I've drawn, it's a fair shake to say that you're a huckster just trying to pull the wool over our eyes, not realizing that staff communicate amongst each other and keep notes on everything.

As for the punishment, as a trialmod I rely heavily on the advice of other staff members online, and each one at the time had agreed that a three hour ban was necessary, and I had reached that conclusion anyways. Punishments are escalated from warning > 3 hour ban > 24 hour ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban > permaban. Based on the fact that you were displaying some attitude and that you had failed to heed the previous warning given to you, a three hour ban felt like the right course of action.

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Feiffer View Post
    [23:01:11]ADMIN: PM: Westtd/(David Duke)->Bath Salts Addict/(Ali Amir): I don't know it was a random gen name
    I just checked our random name generation configs. Duke is not a last name. It is, however, a first name that can appear. Are you sure that you got it as a completely random name by happenstance? Because I'm thinking not.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this one took me a little bit longer due to the timing of when your original note was placed, although it turns out it was a very simple one. You chose to ignore when the Mod first gave you a warning. And it was a very clear warning too. I will post the logs here.

[23:17:47]ADMIN: PM: Oprayx73/(Boris Bourbon)->Westtd/(David Duke): im sorry but you cant play as a guy named david duke
    so, because f that you mind giving me a new name you want to play as
    [23:28:06]ADMIN: PM: Oprayx73/(Boris Bourbon)->Westtd/(David Duke): sorry i didnt quite catch your last pm- you can't use that name and you need a new one. mind sending me a new one?
    [23:29:19]ADMIN: PM: Westtd/(David Duke)->Oprayx73/(Boris Bourbon): Wrong person
    [23:35:12]ADMIN: PM: Oprayx73/(Boris Bourbon)->Westtd/(David Duke): yeah no you can't play as david dude bro you have to choose a new name
    [23:35:26]ADMIN: PM: Oprayx73/(Boris Bourbon)->Westtd/(David Duke): it's against our naming conventions as it's a real life person
    [00:07:26]ADMIN: <a href='?priv_msg=[0x5000028]'>Oprayx73</a>/(Boris Bourbon) has edited westtd's notes: Joined with the name &#34;David Duke&#34; warned to change it.

If you ignore when a mod tells you that you cannot do something, and then you get in trouble for it later, you probally should not cry foul play. And when the Server Host catches you being less than truthful about the subject, it makes you look very bad in the eyes of staff. This will likely reflect upon any future dealings the staff has with you.

Resolved. No action will be taken against either Moderator, and a link to this appeal will be added to your notes.