Date of Incident
    August 12, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Yealus Fichus

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    unknown

Accused Character Name
    Denholm 'Spastic' Earl

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    11:45 - 12:15 CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4

Description of the incident:
    I am the Corporate Liaison, and after a short phone call (Admins were aware, would've cryo'd if I afked too long), I went to CIC to get a sitrep because things were going to shit, the CO responds disrespectfully, and we begin having a tirade, after I say that "You are not a scholar, and you are not a gentleman", I get shot, point blank, and I sustain massive injuries, and I have to get sent to medbay.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    The logs are there to see, I do not have any screenshots, here are the logs of the immediate incident provided to me by a mod.

"[23:58:54]ATTACK: Denholm 'Spastic' Earl shot Yealus Fichus (dankbb24069) with a high-impact revolver bullet in the Combat Information Center (JMP) (PM)
    [23:58:54]EMOTE: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : Mr. Yealus Fichus screams!
    [23:58:55]SAY: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : The company
    [23:58:57]SAY: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : Ow
    [23:59:04]SAY: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : What the fuck
    [23:59:09]SAY: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : THE COMPANY WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS
    [23:59:14]EMOTE: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : Mr. Yealus Fichus is having trouble keeping their eyes open.
    [23:59:18]SAY: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : M-M-MEDIC T-TO CIC
    [23:59:31]SAY: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : MEDIC T-TO MY OFFICE
    [23:59:34]SAY: Yealus Fichus/Dankbb24069 : THE CO J-JUST FUCKING SHOT M-ME
    "
    But I don't expect these logs to prove anything without context, but I encourage a full look, back through the logs

How you would punish the accused:
    A warning, everyone makes mistakes, I know I have before, It's not fun to get shot as an RP-heavy role by the CO, but still, I'd want a warning.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was in this round. It was a disaster.

Someone in command ordered 2 fobs on Trijent, late at night with low engineers. The marines were absolutely slaughtered. Cries of munity all over.

Not to excuse his behavior, but the CO was getting it from all sides.

Interesting and related to this. Is a few moments later the CO said something to the XO along the lines that the XO "didnt have the backbone to BE him so I shot him for you". So I dont think he was trying to BE and failed... but still probably shouldnt have shot someone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I play Denholm 'Spastic' Earl as well as Samantha 'Riggs' Rigga. I am a bit more than sick at the moment. I'll be posting a response later tonight once I'm better.

First off however; I never said anything alone the lines "didnt have the backbone to BE him so I shot him for you." At least from what I remember.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main question is if this was a whitelist issue as a improper BE attempt or a violation of improper escalation/griefing server rules
    Waiting for EmeraldBlood to make a clarification.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BE for disrespect is frowned upon in general, but not directly against the rules. However, that does not mean you can BE someone for disrespect regardless of the situation. The CL was not openly hostile from the get-go and while the CO has the right to tell the CL to leave them alone, that doesn't mean failure to listen to them is instantly enough to justify an execution. At the very least, the CL should have been given a final warning to exit the room prior to shooting him. Simply saying, "leave me alone," at the start of a conversation does not count. If you are going to end up BE'ing someone for disrespect and failure to follow orders, it should not be over one or two cases, they should be given a clear message that they are to cease. Failure beyond that point is on the person in question since they were given ample chances to stop but choose not to.

In this case, I don't see this as extreme enough a reason to justify a BE. The CL was not overly hostile at any point. Though they did refuse at least two orders to leave the CIC, unless they are actively causing a problem inside the CIC, the MP could be called to arrest him or just throw him out should he refuse to leave. I will give Swagbag the fact he did ask the CL to leave twice and did bring up the issue of undermining authority so there was actually build up to the BE itself, though I wouldn't say enough near the end to inform the CL that it's serious now. Overall, I'd say the reasoning was too weak to really justify a BE but the CL was told to leave twice and given a hint that a BE may be coming. Swagbag doesn't have any previous warnings and because of the reasoning I just stated, this will be left at a minor warning for Swag (and all other CO) to give more of a warning when it comes to BE over more minor things such as Disrespect/Undermining. Some players may not realize or except the CO to BE them so when it comes to something that may be seen as RP to one person, make sure they're aware of the possible risk given that this kind of threat isn't one that requires action right that second.

Resolved, minor warning given to Swagbag, hopefully that wall of text made sense.