User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corocan - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is below my standard. No one can attest to your IC competency in support roles due to your random names, and that alone is a -1 from me, and at the same time it means no one can tell if you're good at RPing or not.

The examples you gave for acceptable combat are essentially the same scenario. Synth + lone marine = combat.

Your story is really well written and your quirk is amazingly creative, but I don't think I can personally trust a lesser known player with a quirk this unusual.

Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm echoing Jakkk here and it makes me a bit sad. Really good story and very original quirk, that I wouldn't mind seeing at all. But, the random name marine.

I suggest you start grinding out the important roles, squad medic, doctor, squad engineer or MT as a static name from now on. We need some form of vouch for your competence in those roles, as Synthetics are about 50/50 on the RP and support, so it's very important that you can perform it up to our standard.

It has been almost 2 weeks already, but I suggest you let this one sit for two weeks or so more, while doing what I suggested.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 08-29-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the others said, you seriously hurt your application by not playing a specific character because the only way people can see your skill in-game is if we know your name and see you grinding out support roles. Everything else is good on your application though.

I'll ask some questions to gauge your support knowledge. I'd like to see in-depth responses to them, because if you DIDN'T write something down then I'll be assuming you didn't know about it.

1) You're in medbay and a patient won't fall unconscious when you buckle them to a surgery table. What are the possible reasons, and what can you do to rectify them?

2) While planetside on LV, you stumble upon the body of a marine. The MedHUD displays a heart symbol. What does the heart symbol mean, and what can you do, if anything, to revive the marine?

3) Comms are down on the Almayer, and when you go to check on the APC you find out there isn't even one anymore. How can you rectify the situation?

4) A PFC overdosed themselves on Bicardine, by 15u (for a total of 45u). When you scan them they're telling you they did it on purpose. Why would a PFC intentionally OD themselves on Bicardine? How bad is a Bicardine OD, and what can you do to alleviate the issue?

5) How do you link plasteel barricades together? How do you move barricades from a spot you initially placed them in? Is there a way to rotate barricades in place? How much metal does it take to build a metal cade, how much plasteel does it take to build a plasteel cade, and how much metal does it take to make barbed wire?

6) You're in charge of building the FOB. Knowing that the tank will come down to the planet soon, what should be kept in mind in order to keep the FOB 'tank-friendly'?

7) You're treating a marine planetside, and he has over 60 damage on his chest. Right beside the brute number, the analyzer tells you there is a "Possible Fracture Detected", but when you start splinting them the marine tells you his chest isn't actually broken. Is there a way to know for GOOD that he has a broken chest, head, or groin?

8) When should you use a stasis bag?

9) How do you treat a patient's OD when you're in medbay?

10) A patient is brought to medbay and he makes you aware that he's gonna permanently die at any moment. When you scan him, he is clinically braindead, and when you throw him into the scanner you see that he has 130% total brain damage. He should be dead; why isn't he?
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll echo 4000daniel1 here. While the story was exceptionally-well written and clearly shows your quirk, I wish to say that I felt very, very confused and slightly disappointed about the traumatized part of the story, and the loss of the "soul". Synths are not supposed to be able to feel any kind of emotion, nor have a soul. You did use that term in a metaphorical way, though, so that's that.

While your Synthetic's quirk is well-thought and innovative, I find it very difficult to apply, and even then, on a standard round you'll usually be able to apply just the plural self-reference part, which is a tad disappointing. I do see some situations in which you would "interface" with ARES during pre-deployment and evacuation, though.

I've never seen Gustavo Wolfe in-game so far. Maybe it is because of the timezone difference, but this means that I won't be able to gauge your support-role quality until you provide an answer to Kineem's questions.

Until then, I'll remain neutral.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna echo Cassie. I'm neutral for now but I'll say this, if you get accepted and pull off your quirk well, you may find interesting results.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    1) You're in medbay and a patient won't fall unconscious when you buckle them to a surgery table. What are the possible reasons, and what can you do to rectify them?
    The potential reasons could be either a punctured lung or an empty gas tank. If I know they've got a punctured lung, I'll just automatically assume this is the issue and use a suxamorycin autoinjector so they can be operated on with 100% success and preform a chest surgery to fix the damaged organ.

2) While planetside on LV, you stumble upon the body of a marine. The MedHUD displays a heart symbol. What does the heart symbol mean, and what can you do, if anything, to revive the marine?
    The heart symbol signifies that the marine's heart organ has suffered too much damage to allow them to be resuscitated, either via too many shocks to the body without revival or excessive external trauma. The only way to revive the marine would be to preform surgery on their chest and repair the damaged organ and then apply a defibrillator, assuming the marine isn't damaged above 200 brute/burn.

3) Comms are down on the Almayer, and when you go to check on the APC you find out there isn't even one anymore. How can you rectify the situation?
    I would have to build a new APC frame out of metal, attach it to a wall, wire it, insert an electronics circuit, and a battery to bring power back to the room and the telecomms equipment.

4) A PFC overdosed themselves on Bicardine, by 15u (for a total of 45u). When you scan them they're telling you they did it on purpose. Why would a PFC intentionally OD themselves on Bicardine? How bad is a Bicardine OD, and what can you do to alleviate the issue?
    The only reason you would intentionally OD yourself on Bicardine is to attempt to heal IB. This can be offset with a 15u dose of Kelotane, since the OD effects of Bicardine are accumulating burn damage. Using a Bicardine OD as a method to cure IB is shaky and I'll admit I haven't tried it since I've never been in such a desperate situation to need to, but if I were presented with this situation that's how I would handle it with my current knowledge.

5) How do you link plasteel barricades together? How do you move barricades from a spot you initially placed them in? Is there a way to rotate barricades in place? How much metal does it take to build a metal cade, how much plasteel does it take to build a plasteel cade, and how much metal does it take to make barbed wire?
    Linking plasteel barricades together can be done with a crowbar.
    Moving barricades can be done by using a screwdriver and a wrench to unsecure them and preforming the same operation backwards to resecure them.
    Rotating barricades can be done by right clicking the barricade's tile and choosing to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise.
    Metal barricades take 4 metal to construct. Plasteel barricades take 5 plasteel to contruct. Barbed wire takes 2 metal to construct, which generally means that each metal barricade takes 6 metal to construct in reality.

6) You're in charge of building the FOB. Knowing that the tank will come down to the planet soon, what should be kept in mind in order to keep the FOB 'tank-friendly'?
    Very specific things generally depend on the map (i.e. ingress and egress points to the north, east, etc.) but the rule of thumb is to have a three plasteel barricade wide point, linked together, for the tank to travel through. Bonus points if there are additional metal barricades to prevent marines from accidentally stepping in front of or directly behind the tank while it's traveling through this point.

7) You're treating a marine planetside, and he has over 60 damage on his chest. Right beside the brute number, the analyzer tells you there is a "Possible Fracture Detected", but when you start splinting them the marine tells you his chest isn't actually broken. Is there a way to know for GOOD that he has a broken chest, head, or groin?
    The absolute best way to know for sure is to simply ask the marine. If the marine's unconscious or otherwise unresponsive, the scanner will alert you if any fractures are detected in red letters underneath the limb damage report. If a marine has suffered lots of damage to their chest/groin/head and only their chest/groin/head and this alert is seen, it's extremely likely that their chest/groin/head was broken. Additionally, you can keep an eye out for almost surefire symptoms of a broken chest such as punctured lung (gasping, coughing up blood) and corroborating this with the aforementioned general fracture alert to effectively deduce a likely chest fracture.

8) When should you use a stasis bag?
    Stasis bags should be used for marines who don't have enough blood to survive, are OD'd to the point where death would be assured if the chems are allowed to continue metabolizing, or when infected with a larva embryo.

9) How do you treat a patient's OD when you're in medbay?
    Generally I'll use the sleeper's dialysis function to filter out the chems, but if the patient is just so full of chems that a 120u beaker wouldn't be able to contain them all in one go, I might do a smoke purge.

10) A patient is brought to medbay and he makes you aware that he's gonna permanently die at any moment. When you scan him, he is clinically braindead, and when you throw him into the scanner you see that he has 130% total brain damage. He should be dead; why isn't he?
    Because the marine is a delta. /s

No, but seriously, I'll be honest with you: I've never seen someone die of clinical brain death on CM13. I've seen it on other codebases, but never on CM13's. I don't know if this is just chalked up to it wasn't really coded in as a function or if this is some bizarre technicality in this specific situation. If I encountered it I'd just feed them a couple ImiAlky pills and consider it a miracle they're alive, but I can't legitimately think of why they'd be alive past 100% brain damage.

Although if I had to guess, I'd say brain damage like that would cause accumulating oxyloss and the marine has enough Dex+ to keep them alive for the conversation.

===========

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    I suggest you start grinding out the important roles, squad medic, doctor, squad engineer or MT as a static name from now on. We need some form of vouch for your competence in those roles, as Synthetics are about 50/50 on the RP and support, so it's very important that you can perform it up to our standard.
    I've taken that sentiment from yourself and the others to heart and began to play with my static name again since about 8/21. Hopefully, yourself and others will have an opportunity to see me in game and hopefully I'll be doing something to showcase my in-game knowledge and roleplay competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    While your Synthetic's quirk is well-thought and innovative, I find it very difficult to apply, and even then, on a standard round you'll usually be able to apply just the plural self-reference part, which is a tad disappointing. I do see some situations in which you would "interface" with ARES during pre-deployment and evacuation, though.
    Thanks for the compliment, and I agree that for the most part it will be just my character using the plural self-reference for on the surface interactions with regular players who are just here to have fun and TDM and I'm totally cool with that. All that other stuff would be for more RP-inclined players who might be interested in that kind of stuff, especially other synths.
    Last edited by Corocan; 08-27-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like some of the answers to Kineem's questions; you clearly know your way around Engineering and Medical, and clearly know the basics of these departments. That being said, some of the answers aren't as detailed as I would've liked. For example:

The heart symbol signifies that the marine's heart organ has suffered too much damage to allow them to be resuscitated, either via too many shocks to the body without revival or excessive external trauma. The only way to revive the marine would be to preform surgery on their chest and repair the damaged organ and then apply a defibrillator, assuming the marine isn't damaged above 200 brute/burn.
    Kineem specifically told you that you're on LV; it's one of the easier maps to save heart-broken marines on, due to the accessibility of hatchets and glass shards for Ghetto Surgery, and the accessibility of the Medical Dome, which has enough surgery tools for you to safely open the chest cavity and heal the heart, allowing defibrillation. While other maps do have surgery theatres and hatchets, those found on LV are by far the most accessible. PM me on Discord if you want to know more about Ghetto Surgery, it's a skill you'll use quite a lot as a Synth. Do excuse me if you already know Ghetto Surgery; I assumed that you didn't, after reading your answer.

The only reason you would intentionally OD yourself on Bicardine is to attempt to heal IB. This can be offset with a 15u dose of Kelotane, since the OD effects of Bicardine are accumulating burn damage. Using a Bicardine OD as a method to cure IB is shaky and I'll admit I haven't tried it since I've never been in such a desperate situation to need to, but if I were presented with this situation that's how I would handle it with my current knowledge.
    I like the answer here, but I'm curious to hear more from you. Please, do tell me how much IB Brute Damage does 15u of Bicaridine OD fix, and tell me if you can, as a Synthetic, overdose someone on Bicaridine to fix IB!

The absolute best way to know for sure is to simply ask the marine. If the marine's unconscious or otherwise unresponsive, the scanner will alert you if any fractures are detected in red letters underneath the limb damage report. If a marine has suffered lots of damage to their chest/groin/head and only their chest/groin/head and this alert is seen, it's extremely likely that their chest/groin/head was broken. Additionally, you can keep an eye out for almost surefire symptoms of a broken chest such as punctured lung (gasping, coughing up blood) and corroborating this with the aforementioned general fracture alert to effectively deduce a likely chest fracture.
    The red text signifies that a fracture is present only on the chest/groin/head, not on any limb; combine this with the Possible fracture indicator to find the actual fractures. Asking the marine will provide a decent and quick answer only in 25% of the cases, from my experience, but just like you said, you can check for punctured lungs, brain damage and toxin damage to find out if there might be any fractures on the chest, head and groin respectively.

Generally I'll use the sleeper's dialysis function to filter out the chems, but if the patient is just so full of chems that a 120u beaker wouldn't be able to contain them all in one go, I might do a smoke purge.
    Good answer. Smoke Purges are also indicated to be used when dealing with patients OD'ing on dangerous chemicals, such as QC. That being said, how would you safely create a Smoke Purge?

No, but seriously, I'll be honest with you: I've never seen someone die of clinical brain death on CM13. I've seen it on other codebases, but never on CM13's. I don't know if this is just chalked up to it wasn't really coded in as a function or if this is some bizarre technicality in this specific situation. If I encountered it I'd just feed them a couple ImiAlky pills and consider it a miracle they're alive, but I can't legitimately think of why they'd be alive past 100% brain damage.

Although if I had to guess, I'd say brain damage like that would cause accumulating oxyloss and the marine has enough Dex+ to keep them alive for the conversation.
    Personally, I've never handled clinically braindead marines, but I am almost sure they don't accumulate oxyloss. Also, ImiAlky is nigh useless for 130% brain damage; for such ridiculous organ damage values, surgery is indicated and preferable.

=======================================

I'd wish to bother you with just 3 more questions:

1) The SMES cells are fully charged, and the HUD states that they're currently outputting. You are shipside. The CIC starts screaming that their APC is out of power. What is the main problem which generated the outage, and how can you fix it?

2) Due to a lack of SO's, the aCO orders you to Overwatch Delta. What parts of the Overwatch Console should a Synthetic never touch?

3) Following the Captain's orders, Researcher bred and contained a Queen! Marines gather up in front of its' research cell, ready to swarm in and kill it. The Captain orders you to protect the specimen at all costs, and even deputizes you. How would you proceed?

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    It's very reliable, but it takes a long time to properly do and spends an absolute shitload of your chems. Curing most cases of IB through this way will take like, six minutes, and requires you to keep them continuously pilled between 30u and 50u, which means you need to be constantly supervising them and pilling them every minute or two; if you fail to keep them ODed properly you'll need to spend EVEN MORE pills.

It's basically an easy way to heal IB, but it takes a while, requires supervision, and takes a lot of your pills. You'll probably send five Bicard, three Kelo, and three QC pills per patient if you're doing it optimally and you don't forget to keep them pilled, but you'll spend even more if you go too long before treating them again.

Bicard OD, as long as it stays beneath 50u, can be completely negated with Kelotane. Dermaline will make it a nonissue, and so will KeloDerm.

I was looking primarily for you to mention that if the general fracture alert written in red at the bottom isn't there then it doesn't matter if it states there may be a "Possible Chest/Groin/Head Fracture", but this is just as good. Additionally, if a limb has a total of ZERO brute AND burn damage on it but the analyzer still shows it as if it had damage on it then it's broken. This is good enough though.

Because the marine is a delta. /s

DELTA GANG YUHHHHHHHHHHH

You definitely can die of clinical brain death, it just doesn't happen often because nobody ever gets up to 100% damage in the vast majority of their rounds. I wasn't particularly expecting you to get this right, since I've only ever experienced two instances of 100+% brain damage, and I've personally been playing CM for over two years at this point. In the first incident I died because a shithead doctor kept failing a skull surgery when I was awake, bringing me from maybe 15% brain damage to a total of 100%, but in the second incident a marine arrived in medbay politely requesting surgery through his autistic blabbering and mumbling.

Peridaxon renders you effectively immune to brain death because it temporarily negates all organ damage. This includes brain damage.

It doesn't work on corpses, so unless you have it currently in your system at the time of injury you'll drop dead and husk on the spot. The reason this PFC was still alive was because he was eye damaged, and so he just so happened to have Peridaxon administered when he was struck on the skull with enough force to render him clinically brain dead. He kept getting Peridaxon administered before it ever ran out, thus keeping him alive and on his feet, though he was constantly tripping like a retard and eating shit on the floor when he rolled up into medbay.

Spoiler Spoiler:

----------------------

Basically, you answered my questions pretty damn well. Given that some of the questions I asked were things not plainly written anywhere, but are things you need to learn through actual experience, I think you probably have played the roles in question. I'll give you my +1 brother, but only because everything else is stellar. Hope to see you playing often these next few days so I can personally vouch for your support skill chief.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM me on Discord if you want to know more about Ghetto Surgery, it's a skill you'll use quite a lot as a Synth. Do excuse me if you already know Ghetto Surgery; I assumed that you didn't, after reading your answer.
    I am pretty well versed on ghetto surgery as a concept on other code bases. I've never had an opportunity nor the ability to do so on CM13, as when I'm a doctor I generally bring tools if I intend to do field surgery or if I'm a medic, obviously I don't have the surgery skill at all.

I like the answer here, but I'm curious to hear more from you. Please, do tell me how much IB Brute Damage does 15u of Bicaridine OD fix, and tell me if you can, as a Synthetic, overdose someone on Bicaridine to fix IB!
    Like I mentioned before, I've never had to do it so I couldn't tell you, but if I had to guess I'd say the ratio is likely 1:1.5 IB damage to bicardine OD, so 23.5 IB damage can be fixed with 45u Bicardine. As a synthetic, their core programming prevents them from direct marine harm, but so long as the burn damage is offset with Kelotane, the net harm is negative. Similarly to when synthetics cut through bone or flesh to preform surgery, it's a required action to achieve a net negative harm.

Good answer. Smoke Purges are also indicated to be used when dealing with patients OD'ing on dangerous chemicals, such as QC. That being said, how would you safely create a Smoke Purge?
    Well, I'd isolate the marine so the smoke wouldn't accidentally apply small amounts of the chemical to surrounding people. I'd put 5u phosphorus and 5u sugar into one beaker, extract the liquid with a syringe or hypo, and put 5u potassium in the same beaker. Then I'd inject the liquid into the marine, extract the potassium, and then inject it as well. An additional way to do this could be with pills instead of syringes.

1) The SMES cells are fully charged, and the HUD states that they're currently outputting. You are shipside. The CIC starts screaming that their APC is out of power. What is the main problem which generated the outage, and how can you fix it?
    As far as I understand, most of the powernet code has been gutted so a SMES isn't necessarily required. First, I would move to the CIC and replace the drained battery cell with a hicap powered cell. Then I'd go check and repair the engine if necessary, since the power is directly pulled from there and dispensed to the rest of the ship.

2) Due to a lack of SO's, the aCO orders you to Overwatch Delta. What parts of the Overwatch Console should a Synthetic never touch?
    Orbital Bombardment controls.

3) Following the Captain's orders, Researcher bred and contained a Queen! Marines gather up in front of its' research cell, ready to swarm in and kill it. The Captain orders you to protect the specimen at all costs, and even deputizes you. How would you proceed?
    Firstly, I would check with the CMP to see what they would like to me do. Assuming the CMP is still in cryo or otherwise incapable of assuming command, I would equip myself with a taser, flash, and several flashbangs and handcuffs. Secondly, I'd activate the research medical wing lockdown and hack the doors to be bolted shut. I would then clearly explain to the marines outside the room that I was deputized by the CO and that I am here to enforce Marine Law and the CO's orders, as well as establishing a one tile separation zone from the MR Wing's window and doors and do my best to deny marines access to this zone without escalation. I'd also ensure that marines understand that any attempt to force entry into the MR Wing could be construed as Sedition and they would likely be charged with such. I'd hope that marines would not attempt to break in, but if it is 1-3, I would use the flash to force them away from the doors. If they persist or attempt to destroy me, I would use the taser/flash to detain them and bucklecuff them to chairs until additional MPs/the CO could arrive to assist (assuming there are additional MPs). The flashbangs would remain on reserve for the potential of a riot with 4-9 marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers are very good, and clearly show that you've got some advanced experience with Support roles, and clearly understand the Synth Guidelines.

The power is, indeed, completely pulled out of the Reactors; if the CIC power ran out, it means that there are fewer than 2-3 reactors running, and you should repair them. The SMES output is currently bugged; the cells won't give energy if the reactors themselves are destroyed. The course of action you provided is good.

The answer to the Bica OD question is good; keep in mind that the ratio is 1:1 OD units to IB brute damage. As a Synth I personally refrain from administering it, as it is a very, very slow method and resource intensive.

The Containment question is quite tricky, since the order to keep it safe at all costs would interfere with your laws somewhat; if the cell is kept closed you can do what you described. However, if the Queen somehow escapes containment, you should attempt to not prevent the marines from killing it, since that would interfere with your laws, namely avoiding harming USCM personnel (stunning them in front of the Queen is a method of getting them killed) and your self-preservation clause (the Queen may attack you!). This situation did occur in the past, a player report is archived on the old forums, if you want to check it out.

Overall, you clearly have quite a lot of experience with Support roles, and your application is stellar. +1, and good luck synthing around!

HRP Main to the Bone