Thread: Should Rule 1 Be Changed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DriedMilk View Post
    just allow full on ERP
    '''''
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cup check is just creepy tbh, idk why it's even still in the game to begin with.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mat13295 View Post
    The cup check is just creepy tbh, idk why it's even still in the game to begin with.
    idk about the military but I know in school we used to hit each other in the balls all the time. I still flinch if anyone moves their hand anywhere near my junk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changelog August 2019
    ''Nerfed ERP slightly. Hug has been changed.''

See what you've done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, you give people an inch and they'll take a mile. Do not change it, this is not a rule problem, it is a rule enforcer's problem. There are some instances of nitpick banning and the like, but that is up to a fair trial with an honest staff. The number one rule should be context. If you do a 'me' that says you whip your dick out in front of a female marine for no reason then it is clearly wrong, but if you do a 'me' to moon a xeno through a window is that as wrong? No, it is a matter of context.

Do not change the rule. Instead, enforce the rule to your discretion, be unbiased and empathetic, think about the context, are these dudes hitting each other in the balls for sexual pleasure or are they just fucking with each other? Should you baby a player for the actions of other marines or keep something from getting out of hand? It's all context.

And most importantly, learn to forgive. Grudges get you nothing, how many people get banned for something they didn't really consider ERP or the like and get their appeal ignored? Come on guys, there's a fine line between a fair ban and being maliciously exiled from the community by one or more staff member. Be fair.
    Last edited by Challade; 08-15-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huebone View Post
    Honestly, you give people an inch and they'll take a mile. Do not change it, this is not a rule problem, it is a rule enforcer's problem. There are some instances of nitpick banning and the like, but that is up to a fair trial with an honest staff. The number one rule should be context. If you do a 'me' that says you whip your dick out in front of a female marine for no reason then it is clearly wrong, but if you do a 'me' to moon a xeno through a window is that as wrong? No, it is a matter of context.

Do not change the rule. Instead, enforce the rule to your discretion, be unbiased and empathetic, think about the context, are these dudes hitting each other in the balls for sexual pleasure or are they just fucking with each other? Should you baby a player for the actions of other marines or keep something from getting out of hand? It's all context.

And most importantly, learn to forgive. Grudges get you nothing, how many people get banned for something they didn't really consider ERP or the like and get their appeal ignored? Come on guys, there's a fine line between a fair ban and being maliciously exiled from the community by one or more staff member. Be fair.
    You'll then have people who enforce this rule too much and your only solution is a staff report. You'll do a staff report and it'll take over a month to get a few sentences of the staff member doing nothing wrong, getting a verbal warning, or them just removing whatever note you got.

Guarantee after your staff report is resolved that staff member will have a grudge out for you, and most likely will always be looking for a way to get you in trouble.
    Last edited by Lumdor; 08-15-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    You'll then have people who enforce this rule too much and your only solution is a staff report. You'll do a staff report and it'll take over a month to get a few sentences of the staff member doing nothing wrong, getting a verbal warning, or them just removing whatever note you got.

Guarantee after your staff report is resolved that staff member will have a grudge out for you, and most likely will always be looking for a way to get you in trouble.
    Then that's a bureaucratic problem, not a rule one. I know some staff/council members loath me, but if I make complaints and the rest of the staff feigns ignorance to avoid picking a side, who's at fault?

Read the poem First They Came... to understand what I'm getting at.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you want to ERP? Do bad jokes, do silly things and LRP? Find a proper server to that.

CM is: Gear up->deploy->Kill Aliens (or get killed by them or killed by preds)->Evac or round end.

Simple.

want to LRP? go to the LRP servers.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Do you want to ERP? Do bad jokes, do silly things and LRP? Find a proper server to that.

CM is: Gear up->deploy->Kill Aliens (or get killed by them or killed by preds)->Evac or round end.

Simple.

want to LRP? go to the LRP servers.
    What you just explained is LRP.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the rule

It's the powertripping mods that are allowed to do whatever