User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should Rule 1 Be Changed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Do you want to ERP? Do bad jokes, do silly things and LRP? Find a proper server to that.

CM is: Gear up->deploy->Kill Aliens (or get killed by them or killed by preds)->Evac or round end.

Simple.

want to LRP? go to the LRP servers.
    16f.jpg
    You basically just admitted that CM is a LRP TDM server. Not that we didn't already know but its nice hearing it from staff who usually go "CM IS MRP TREAT IT AS SUCH"
    How is punching another marine in the nuts ERP. This is the thing with the staff members on this team they're so divided and all punish things way differently then when they get confronted about it by other mods they get toxic and say shit like "I'm handling it the way I want to handle it" to encourage shitty ass toxic behavior for no reason. What Lumdor is saying is why the hell does the staff team instead of letting people handle a situation however they see fit why don't they either make the rules CLEARER to themselves and the players of the server. Its completely obvious to tell what the fuck is ERP and what isn't people get bwoinked and warned just for saying "suck my dick" as a insult and other things meanwhile other staff members see this is fine. Do you see where we're coming from? The staff team isn't coordinated and the only thing that keeps encouraging this retarded ass shit where staff members can justify their own actions is the clause where "they can handle problems however they see fit" which is basically they can warn/note/ban you for whatever they want if they felt like you broke a rule and if you truly didnt you have to type up a fucking staff report and wait 2 weeks or 1 for someone to respond and for the report to be concluded only for the staff member have it out for you because they have a shitty ass behavior and are power tripping over a space man game and couldn't see they were wrong.
    TL;DR
    The staff team isn't fucking coordinated on rule enforcement and just encourages shitty ass behavior that lets mods power and admins power trip over personal vendettas, I have literally seen it myself when I was on staff.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you feel a member of Staff is abusing their position, and you're worried about filing a Staff Report for whatever reason, you should speak to their respective Manager about it. PM them on the forums, or via Discord and they'll address your concerns.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh I almost got banned for posting Ram Ranch in ooc on like my first week of play

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can support it being reworded.

I dont really care if you say suck my dick, etc.

I think the context is what is important.

But...If your screaming Ram Ranch over the radio in big STAFF OFFICER letters. I'll still laugh but I have to ban you. Its just how it be sometimes my guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been warned by Orduki for slapping another marine on the ass and telling them to tighten up. I'd absolutely love to see a change with this rule.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there should be a disclaimer here that I've seen some borderline 18+ moments that I've seen as acceptable in the past 2 months, so if you got warned for something a year ago, chances are you wouldnt get warned now depending on the context.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes is it really overboard with policing that. I literally got infraction of forum for writing "(staffmember) didn't enjoyed a tall glass of (shortcut of Quartermaster with "*" between).

Yes, it was reference to someone else ban appeal for creating mix of healing chems with that specific label that sounds like +18 "thing". Is it really for the sake of underage users/law/anything that has actual meaning and isn't just someone's whim? I think not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought I would actually read this thread and let alone reply seriously but I have to agree with Lumdor on this, that "The current rule is something a lot of staff members do what they want with, as they decide if it falls into this category." and "18+ sexual content is a grey line because what do you mean by that?".

I once got noted by a mod because I farted as a Runner, reason being it was borderline 18+. That's right, it is borderline 18+ to fart as a Runner, no jokes. I thought that, after all the craziness and mess people dab on staff and in CM with insane vulgarities and profanities thrown at staff, a simple fart jokes could be easily accepted. EVEN MAYBE it was LRP for Aliens to fart cause, I dunno, the anatomy don't work that way. But I got noted for farting and I was told it was borderline 18+.

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't be turned on if a girl tries to seduce me by farting. Honestly, it's disgusting and it does not sexually motivate me. I like girls smelling nice, with maybe soap and shampoo. At least perfume. At least mud. Not methane generated food digested smelling farts.

Farting is known as a lame kid's joke found in cartoons and I did not even go as far as to describe the organs and body parts used for farting, just a simple fart action. Maybe this is a new fetish that I am missing out(if it is, leave me out). But honestly if it is, I wouldn't know if a reasonable normal person would think it is.

I thought maybe by 18+ they meant serious profanity, but when I checked the rules the only rule that mentions of anything 18+ would be for sexual content Rule 1, there seems to be no rule with regards to serious profanity although by reading the Ban Appeals and Staff Reports they can be implied through Rule 3. However, I can't seem to classify farting into any of the categories listed in Rule 3. So the only direct rule I can find that implies of 18+ content is Sexual Content.

I understand if you note me as LRP for this but NEVER would I thought the reason would be borderline 18+. I didnt contest it because I thought maybe I don't understand alien lore enough to know the anatomy and I was maybe few months old in the server so I thought I better understand the workings of this game rules and staff. I also did not know then that notes have a huge impact in decision makings in Ban Appeals and Reports back then(I didnt know notes even existed back then come to think of it). But I guess I might reconsider appealing for the note(it's pretty old so I wanna see what's the staff's attitude to appealing old notes first).

Or maybe I still don't understand and some staff member can educate me on this. But based on the initial information and discussion again I have to agree with Lumdor in this. Except mine is maybe an extreme case example of this.

I also agree with Soldier and Acute that context matters when applying the rules but can someone please tell me in what context is farting as Elder Runner Borderline 18+? We can talk about human anatomy but not fart? Maybe we don't talk about certain parts but fart? We can see an animation of a person being gibbed which is downright 18+ violent content but....fart? I'm so confused and when the mod pinged me about it I literally laughed so hard. So reading this forum post makes me think "Did that staff think that farting is borderline 18+ sexual content?"

If the staff members don't believe me when I say this, just go to my notes and find the one note that I am talking about which goes about Elder Runner farting. If you are really committed you can even go to the day I was noted and find the PM convo between me and the staff member on the matter. The note should exist cause I remember Grim showing me my notes and I literally saw that note. Unless I am going crazy from work related stress.
    Last edited by Casada_Radio; 08-27-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ban people who do the "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" thing with this rule.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably going to tell the mods that Bravado and it being used for insults should not note people for as long as its mild if its within roleplay. That doesn't mean start spamming "Suck my dick" and "Eat my Ass"
    And fart jokes are not 18+/ERP