User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for staff and players alike

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could make an event it would be one where the marines have carte blanche to torture/kill/whatever the MPs and possibly command. This includes forcing doctors to revive and heal them so you can do it over and over. MPs are a griefer role and we deserve events to grief the fuck out of them. Of course it shouldnt be announced before hand so they wont know its coming and can avoid playing MP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ideal event is that the MPs get given command of the Almayer and turn it into a 1984 dystopia. A MP ERT also gets sent with implants that can taze people in case the CO or other ship side members get uppity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    My ideal event is that the MPs get given command of the Almayer and turn it into a 1984 dystopia. A MP ERT also gets sent with implants that can taze people in case the CO or other ship side members get uppity.
    In my experience this falls apart the moment marines refuse to be bullied. Which is, about 5 minutes. MPs would absolutely need to have OOC protection until event runner decides it's time.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, a good event should be fun for both sides but should focus on the Marines. Just like the main game, an event should be, at its core, a story about the Marines. For example, a lot of CLF and UPP events have respawning opfor, because it has to remain challenging and give the Marines a goal to accomplish.

If I made my own event, I'd probably do a counterinsurgency type operation where the Marines drop to a colony populated by civilians and have to find and kill a CLF cell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    2. i'd make human be able to vore to fulfill my secret fetish
    DxjkUYcXgAEm6dr.jpg

1: If its enjoyable for both sides and it doesn't result in instant death for most players.

2: Colonists vs Aliens

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any event that replaces benos. Just that and it's over.

Also too much staff hand-holding should be avoided. No forced 100x respawns etc.

Also every side should get pretty much the same. If marines got fucked, benos have to get fucked as well. With the exeption of specific events that give a chance to get better, or get fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: What makes a good event?

The event makes actual sense by itself and not just "monky with guns lol epic xD imsorandum", zombie events or the UPP Tank rounds are positive examples.

The event actually affects the round gameplay or roleplay wise for the players and is not some admin character that it just there as another background prop. Case in point any events with Admirals that are there just to buckle themselves to the comfy chair and talk 3 lines with the CO. If your event consists of only 2 people roleplaying with an admin character whose whole impact is a couple command announcements then your event sucks.

The event is well executed in a way that all parties get to have fun. Pirate boardings which consist of 1,5 hour of admins spawning neat little groups of 8 pirates that get killed instantly by the marines camping the spawn ladder or rounds with USCM vs UPP where UPP get blasted from the other side of the map by CAS/OB while they are given no doctors nor anything to actually put up a fight.

2:What event would you make/do had you the power?

Event where everyone plays colony roles (Medbay, engineering, shitcurity, command, science) and there's only few xenos. Nobody except scientists, couple PMCs, synthetic and CL know about xenos and they cannot warn other colonists because company secret. Xenos have to get a queen and grow a hive, WY roles have objectives to gather samples/specimens/xenos and everyone else has to survive and find a way to call for help and get off the colony. Round ends with marine, PMC or evac shuttle.