User Tag List

Thread: Loorey - Developer Application (Coder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loorey - Developer Application (Coder)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    loorey

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Coder

If Coder, what languages?
    Java, Python a little Rust and getting more deeply into DM

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    I don't have too much Experience Developing in SS13, i did never really get too deeply into it and Byond seems kind of messy, i'm currently giving my best to expand knowledge and learn more of Dream Maker besides the other coding right now.

I would give all of my efforts learning Dream Maker properly.

I did some mapping in my past and decently know how to use the mapping tools and create a proper map.

Proof of any previous or current work:
    I don't have any work on hand, i'm currently working on my Discord bot that is completely written in Java using JDA (Java Discord API) and help out with a bit of stuff that regards coding / mapping on SCP13.

If you really want me to i can code you something in one of the languages or try myself at doing some decent SS13 Coding, which might or might not work.

I worked a lot with Java in my past and have years of Experience now, been working with a bigger Minecraft Network to write a bit of their Backend, did not really last long but was a good experience.

How well do you know Git?
    I know Git pretty well, i have been helping some people Maintaining their repositories in the past, dead projects by now which is kind of sad. I know how to properly set-up and use CI with different applications like Travis CI, CircleCI or Azure DevOps, i know how to build Docker images off of Git repositories and would generally describe my docker knowledge as pretty okay.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I might not seem like the Perfect guy for this position, i'm pretty chill and willing to learn and show you everything i can give.

Additionally i have really good Experience with Linux and other Unix systems such as Windows Server Systems, dunno if that is relevant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

We have put all apps on hold until we have a new head dev.
    Apologies for the delay.

How to become senior dev.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello. While Head Dev position is under consideration, I will be handling your application.

I have following questions:

1) Azure Dev Ops feels strange when you don't have .Net Experience. Care to elaborate?
    2) Can you code a feature for another server that is more or less useful, and give a link to that PR to us? Doesn't matter if it gets accepted or not

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No answer given. Closing this. Reapply in 3 months