User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crawling

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not arguing for or against it. Just an observation. Xenomorphs don't have eyes so they don't see marines. They have some other way of detecting things (pheromones/heat/something idk). So hiding under a bed wouldn't help with those. I don't really care either way cause lore doesn't matter.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Name 3 ways that marine can escape beno.
    Hmmm... On foot of course... Hmm... No tunnels, no invisibility, no nothing.
    1) Die by exploding a live grenade then get defibbed because xenos cannot drag you while dead
    2) Outrun them by taking hyperzine or Sci-Chem drug that has no side effects and boosts your stun resistance and speed
    3) Stay near your friends that have M41s or shotties

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    1) Die by exploding a live grenade then get defibbed because xenos cannot drag you while dead
    2) Outrun them by taking hyperzine or Sci-Chem drug that has no side effects and boosts your stun resistance and speed
    3) Stay near your friends that have M41s or shotties
    1) I wouldn't call suicide nade death an "escape". More like entering temporal cryo. All beno need is to guard your corpse, or use it as bait.
    2) Since when Sci-Chem drugs that have no side effects exist and wasn't simply removed due "muh powergaming"?
    3) If You can call staying near fellow marines an "escape from benos", then we have to add more:
    4) Don't deploy.
    5) Get banned.
    6) Go Cryo.
    7) Go SSD.
    8) Ghost.
    9) Be observer.

None of those ways really make you escape from benos.
    First one you literally die, if benos doesn't bother with capturing and simply slash, it's just the same.
    Second one requires dancing on a thin red line of being a powergaming and Metabuddying to get researchers to work on those chems instead of miracle nades.
    Thrid one... Really? How to escape from something I'm already protected? Just stay in the same spot! How to escape explosions? Just stay where there aren't any bombs!
    Thrid one again... Do I have to tell You how many times I was "snatched" by a runner (during stun/crit) with multiple marines between me and said runner, or do I have to start record this shit?

None of those ways left benos wonder where you could be. None of those ways is reliable, none of those ways is recreatable in most places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neth, it's not worth arguing with Cabal. I don't think he would know persuasion if it rammed him at 500 knots. That being said, if marines have the initiative and you die less than a screen's width away from 2 marines, you'll get recovered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) I wouldn't call suicide nade death an "escape". More like entering temporal cryo. All beno need is to guard your corpse, or use it as bait.
    2) Since when Sci-Chem drugs that have no side effects exist and wasn't simply removed due "muh powergaming"?
    3) If You can call staying near fellow marines an "escape from benos", then we have to add more:
    4) Don't deploy.
    5) Get banned.
    6) Go Cryo.
    7) Go SSD.
    8) Ghost.
    9) Be observer.

None of those ways really make you escape from benos.
    First one you literally die, if benos doesn't bother with capturing and simply slash, it's just the same.
    Second one requires dancing on a thin red line of being a powergaming and Metabuddying to get researchers to work on those chems instead of miracle nades.
    Thrid one... Really? How to escape from something I'm already protected? Just stay in the same spot! How to escape explosions? Just stay where there aren't any bombs!
    Thrid one again... Do I have to tell You how many times I was "snatched" by a runner (during stun/crit) with multiple marines between me and said runner, or do I have to start record this shit?

None of those ways left benos wonder where you could be. None of those ways is reliable, none of those ways is recreatable in most places.
    So your suggesting that allowing marines to use xeno tunnels and crawl across the map using them is somehow a better escape method than using hyper zine. Not to mention if you were using a tunnel and a xeno happened to be in said tunnel they would know exactly here you are (i.e. in front of them).

Or the fact that xenos don't have escape methods that leave marines wondering where they are.

Lets also deconstruct the dragged by runner after being stunned.
    Runner pounce knocks you down for less then half a second. Disarm is unreliable unless you get like 3 runners doing it at once.
    Nuero takes 3 hits to stun AND cycles out of marines systems. It also doesn't effect nested marines.
    Warrior grab stuns a marine but if that marine is near other marines your dead cos your slow as fuck whilst dragging. Same applies for lurker pounce.
    Queen screech fits your bill, but that's like me saying get run over by tank is OP pls uber nerf. It's a unique one off unit and requires xenos exposing there most important unit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    So your suggesting that allowing marines to use xeno tunnels and crawl across the map using them is somehow a better escape method than using hyper zine. Not to mention if you were using a tunnel and a xeno happened to be in said tunnel they would know exactly here you are (i.e. in front of them).

Or the fact that xenos don't have escape methods that leave marines wondering where they are.

Lets also deconstruct the dragged by runner after being stunned.
    Runner pounce knocks you down for less then half a second. Disarm is unreliable unless you get like 3 runners doing it at once.
    Nuero takes 3 hits to stun AND cycles out of marines systems. It also doesn't effect nested marines.
    Warrior grab stuns a marine but if that marine is near other marines your dead cos your slow as fuck whilst dragging. Same applies for lurker pounce.
    Queen screech fits your bill, but that's like me saying get run over by tank is OP pls uber nerf. It's a unique one off unit and requires xenos exposing there most important unit.
    Ahh... You jump to things too quickly and this makes you putting words in my mouth that I didn't said.

I'm not suggesting allowing marines to use beno tunnels and I'm not saying it would be a better escape "Meth"-od (hehe) than using some rare drug.
    I'm also not suggesting that runner can "steal" healthy, perfectly concious marine. I think I made it clear with: "I was "snatched" by a runner (during stun/crit) with multiple marines between me and said runner". Longer stun (crabbed, put to sleep by sentinels, rammed by a crusher), or paincrit. Decent runner will snatch you up no problem..
    Queen Screech doesn't "fit my bill", because Queen Screech stuns multiple marines, so ammount of them doesn't matter so this situation isn't covered by "Stay near your friends that have M41s or shotties".

Benos do have methods to escape marines, leaving them wondering where they are. Whole fricking map is covered by Egyptian darkness (like none of the planets have moons, or other planets nearby to reflect some light at the surface). Most benos are way faster than marine in medium armor and basically only Boiler doesn't have means to outrun armorless marine. Some benos can turn invisible, most of the marines don't have X-Ray/Thermovision, so even a simple small room is enough to hide from marines.

What my post was asking: "Can you write few ways that marines can escape benos, because saying 'yet another' means that USCM has already fuck ton of ways to escape benos".
    What my post was suggesting: "Marines have basically no ways to escape benos and in comparsion to benos, they have practically none".

Hiding under a table won't be OP, I imagine that untill you can hide entire Squad of marines under dinner table, it won't be "balance breaking" if we can speak about balance with so present 60 - 40 ratio. Oh no! Game might go a bit further on the path to being fair! How could it!? However benos have Thermovision, so there is basically no point in hiding under a table, it would only serve some purpose in HvH, or mutinies. Imagine CO hiding under a table in CIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    Neth, it's not worth arguing with Cabal. I don't think he would know persuasion if it rammed him at 500 knots. That being said, if marines have the initiative and you die less than a screen's width away from 2 marines, you'll get recovered.
    How lovely, even your pick of the words. "Persuasion"... I don't need to acknowledge that somebody is trying to persuade me to something, it's obvious when two people argue about something, that one tries to persuade another. This also implies You/Neth have good arguments to change my mind. I deconstructed each one of those "three ways that marines can escape benos". Now I wait for counter-arguments.
    You didn't gave any. The only thing You gave was Argumentum ad personam. *golfclap*
    Last edited by CABAL; 08-22-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh... You jump to things too quickly and this makes you putting words in my mouth that I didn't said.

I'm not suggesting allowing marines to use beno tunnels and I'm not saying it would be a better escape "Meth"-od (hehe) than using some rare drug.
    I'm also not suggesting that runner can "steal" healthy, perfectly concious marine. I think I made it clear with: "I was "snatched" by a runner (during stun/crit) with multiple marines between me and said runner". Longer stun (crabbed, put to sleep by sentinels, rammed by a crusher), or paincrit. Decent runner will snatch you up no problem..
    Queen Screech doesn't "fit my bill", because Queen Screech stuns multiple marines, so ammount of them doesn't matter so this situation isn't covered by "Stay near your friends that have M41s or shotties".

Benos do have methods to escape marines, leaving them wondering where they are. Whole fricking map is covered by Egyptian darkness (like none of the planets have moons, or other planets nearby to reflect some light at the surface). Most benos are way faster than marine in medium armor and basically only Boiler doesn't have means to outrun armorless marine. Some benos can turn invisible, most of the marines don't have X-Ray/Thermovision, so even a simple small room is enough to hide from marines.
    So your complaining about longer xenos stuns? Face hugger traps only work on marines who aren't paying attention. Huggers don't fly like bats anymore and usually smack into walls before they hit anything. Crusher charges can be dodged unless you go full turtle phalanx on xenos down a thin corridor. Again, nuero requires 3 shots to stun and dosen't exactly have amazing range or endurance.

Light is a balance issue, if you make all maps daytime you'd need to buff xenos to deal with fact that marines can always see them.

What my post was asking: "Can you write few ways that marines can escape benos, because saying 'yet another' means that USCM has already fuck ton of ways to escape benos".
    What my post was suggesting: "Marines have basically no ways to escape benos and in comparsion to benos, they have practically none".

Hiding under a table won't be OP, I imagine that untill you can hide entire Squad of marines under dinner table, it won't be "balance breaking" if we can speak about balance with so present 60 - 40 ratio. Oh no! Game might go a bit further on the path to being fair! How could it!? However benos have Thermovision, so there is basically no point in hiding under a table, it would only serve some purpose in HvH, or mutinies. Imagine CO hiding under a table in CIC.
    Marines can run can't they? Or did they all OD on MREs?
    Exactly what do you consider 'an escape'. If I stun a xeno with a shotgun I can put the same distance between me and them as a pounce would.
    If your upset you can't outrun runners, well, the only thing runners have is speed. They aren't exactly the most dangerous unless your 1v1 them with a non-shotgun weapon.

You can hide army's of marines under tables and in lockers. Hiding under tables also delays the round. You know that thing you constantly accusing xenos of doing.

What would you like to add? A bike? You realize shooting a gun on a bike will knock you off with a great deal of force.

And exactly how will tunnel use allow marines to escape? So what they can use the xeno tunnels? Can I now use marine tools as a xeno. I mean I have hands so why can't I pick up the SADAR and nuke some marines?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Snip -
    Are you for real? Read this again:
    This still applies.

I'm not complaining about longer beno stuns in this thread *wink*. Currently they are perfectly fine and the only thing I find bad with beno stuns is the fact that they are allowed to slash marines during facehugger stun. This is clearly stun abuse in this particular situation.

Again, I'm saying that decent runner can reliably steal marines that lay on the ground (even if they are dragged themself to safety) and multiple marines with pulse rifles and shooties won't save you. At best they will do a bit of damage to runner, at worst, they will FF others, or even you, lying in paincrit/stun.

Light wasn't a balance issue from the start of CM to the day of update with directional lighting. It should be made like on some Fallout server where you can't see only 90 degrees behind you, despite light and shit.

Exactly what do you consider 'an escape'.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/escape

Beno chases you, you do something and beno no longer is able, or don't want anymore to chase you. This is the prime example of "yet another way of escape by marines".

How can you hide army of marines in locker? How to hide even a single marine under a table?

And exactly how will tunnel use allow marines to escape? So what they can use the xeno tunnels? Can I now use marine tools as a xeno. I mean I have hands so why can't I pick up the SADAR and nuke some marines?
    Ahhhh...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can actually crawl on CM already.
    Steps to crawl on CM:
    1. Close your computer, nerd.
    2. Take an A4 paper, write "CM" on it.
    3. Place the paper on the floor.
    4. Drag your fat ass over the paper.
    5. Congratulations, you are crawling on CM!
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    4. Drag your fat ass over the paper
    How ya know dat i'm fat ass?