Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Madventurer

Marine Name
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Neil

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, I am familiar, both from reading them and observing synthetic behaviour.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Example on combat on marines: A private starts beating a downed marine in, obviously agitated. I would be permitted to disarm and subdue the marine. The wording of the guideline implies that non-lethal harm, such as a punch or two, would be permitted. Personally, this would be my last resort if the marine absolutely insists on attempting to harm another with potentially lethal intent.

Example on combat on non-marines: A UPP soldier fires at a marine near me. Given that UPP is heavily armed, I would be limited to assisting the marine in cover, or if the UPP were to close in on a downed marne, be allowed to drive away, or even kill the soldier if they were a threat to the downed marine. If they were to disengage, I would cease all combat immediately. If the soldier were to be non-hostile when closing in, I would not engage, but treat the marine. Presumably they would follow international law on war crimes until proven otherwise.

Example on combat on xenos: Outlines are similar to combat with non-marines, but my assumption would be that they are hostile at all times when closing in, and attempt to fight them off and retreat with the marine. Defending the injured/dying/dead marine would be completely acceptable, but I would attempt to retreat for a safe area to treat them.

Synthetic Character Story
    Neil was finishing the medbay cleanup. The operation had been a success with minor, but inevitable, casualties. The last bloodstain disappeared into the mop and Neil scanned the area for any remaining stains. Satisfied with the results, he turned around to place the mop away, and suddenly heard a loud thump behind him, followed by an agonized scream. Twisting back around, Neil saw the chief medical officer, lying on the floor, surrounded by a pool of steaming coffee. As he was grumbling and rising up, Neil reached for him and helped the doctor rise.
    "Bloody slippery floor", the CMO mumbled and looked over himself with lifted arms, searching for the soaked spots.
    "Apologies professor, I do recall there being a sign warning of the wet floor in area before", Neil said to the CMO in a slightly worried tone. Glancing at the spot where the sign used to be, he noted two charlie marines snickering on the other side of the hallway door, along with the military police calmly strolling their way.
    Turning his attention back to the CMO, who was now examining his hand, Neil said: "Professor, I have basic medical supplies. Your hand appears to have a small first degree burn. Would you like me to treat it?"
    "Go for it. I'll handle the rest.", the CMO replied. "Bloody coffee is too hot... maybe I should sue the vendor..."
    Quickly, Neil finished salving the wound. "Good to go, professor. As they say, no use crying over fried fish!"
    The CMO facepalmed with his hand, then jolted it away as he realized it was the injured one, as Neil turned around to fetch the mop for the once-again dirty floor. Approaching him was a maintenance technician, who shouted: "I'll handle it! You just go find out what's wrong in cafeteria!"
    Neil nodded and started walking. As he was about to pass the MT, they stopped Neil with their hand. Lowering their voice, they said quietly: "It's one of the short-tempered morons. Don't want to deal with that shit, at all. Think they've been drinking a bit, too." As if nothing had been said, they started to mop the coffee off the floor. Neil continued to cafeteria.

Hearing the commotion halfway to cafeteria, Neil was greeted by a sight of an obviously tipsy marine screaming expletives at a microwave. A fine stream of dark smoke poured out of the device. Neil approached the marine, who didn't seem to notice him until they were only meters apart.
    "Greetings! Is there an issue I could with?", Neil asked the marine in upbeat tone. The marine's response was a mixture of surprise and confidence, as if having the assistance of a synthetic at all times was a privilege the marine was not used to.
    "Micro don't work", the marine said with a slight slur in the speech. "Keeps smoking."
    "I shall see if I cannot fix it!", Neil exclaimed and started examining the microwave. Very fast, he found that the ventilation fan was filled with half-moltenand slightly burnt cheese, still warm. Neil produced a paper towel from the table nearby and swiped the fan clean. No other issues were obviously visible.
    Without even asking if the repairs were complete, the marine grabbed a plateful of cheese and shoved it inside.
    "Oh! It would appear that the power setting is at maximum. I recommend lowering it for warming such products", Neil told the marine after noting knobs and their settings. The marine stared blankly, then turned the knob down to more reasonable levels.
    "Thanks", they said.
    "You're welcome. And remember, there's no place like home!", Neil responded.
    The marine's face looked just as drunk as before for a few seconds, before starting to grow confused, as they tried to process the meaning through their alcohol-induced blurring of mind.
    "Synthetic to CIC, important orders", blared Neil's headset suddenly.
    The marine appeared satisfied and pacified, possibly due to the confusion, so Neil waves and left for his next assignment.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    The quirk would be composed of two component parts. Firstly, my synthetic would have a poor grasp of metaphors and sayings, and would often get them mixed up, combined, or simply plain misunderstand them. Heavy focus would mitigate or cancel the danger of misunderstanding in critical situations.
    Additionally, they would attempt to use these in conversations, to confusing effect on any listeners.
    I fully expect there to be some repetition given time, but imagination and occasional utter nonsense should be keep it quite varied.

"Yes sir. As they say, the early bird gathers no moss!"

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very familiar. My favorite engineering role is squad engineer, mostly on FOB due to the planning required. Typically, I find CE and MT to be too uneventful to play, but both roles are familiar.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I've done my fair share of XO rounds, and SO is very enjoyable and rewarding if the marines are communicating too. My favorite way to play is managing the entire CIC alone or with one SO, as XO.
    So yes, I am quite familiar with command.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Squad medic is my most-played ground role along with squad engineer. I am capable of treating just about anything that can be treated without medbay, up to and including minor IB via bicardine OD. I've recently been updating my chemistry skills, and all of the major combination chemical recipes are memorized.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I remember the relative cost of many crates out of my head, I do attachments quite rapidly, and people tend to ask for supplies that I am either about to or dropped less than a minute ago.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    In my heart, I am a support player. Being the helping hand behind the game is genuinely rewarding and enjoyable, but as doctor, engineer, CE, and so on, I can only focus on one task. While I appreciate the combat option I have as squad marine and medic, sometimes pure backline and assistance is all I want to do.

As for why you should whitelist me? I strive to be useful gameplay-wise and pleasant to play with (or against), and I wish to be part of the synthetic team that people know and love to be reliably helpful in any given situation. I am well aware how to keep OOC and IC separated with my roughly 6 years of experience in SS13.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I have no outstanding bans for the last ~year.

My only jobban was due to sudden emergency and me failing to estimate my return time.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I attempt to assist the staff to the best of my ability whenever my role is shipside, by adminhelping any blatant issues.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you pretty well and I know you are quite competent! You can handle all support roles with efficiency, and I trust that you're good with RP roles too; I haven't seen you play too many RP-heavy jobs here but I think you'll handle your quirk pretty well.

I like the story, and the quirk's both funny and interesting to implement! I'm looking forward to see how Neil will interact with the Almayer's crew.

Not sure if I get to vote, but +1.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good fucking app my guy. This is a gold standard.

Your quirk walks the tightrope between funny and outlandish, and it does so very well. It's capable of being funny without being too memey or stupid. You're a competent RPer and support player and I'd love to have this kind of synth on the whitelist.

+1.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked your quirk, same as your story. Everything is amazing, mate!

You're a long-time veteran as well, +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know what, easy +1. Not much to say here.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a veteran and have proven support competency time and time again. I haven't really interacted with you personally so I can't vouch for your RP but I'll trust everyone when they say you're good for it, and your story + quirk, like Jakkkk said, is funny but not too outlandish that I can't see a synthetic behaving that way.

+1
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to hear more community feedback before I truly decide to accept this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 long time player and one of the few synthetic applications I've actually read and enjoyed.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, wish the story was longer, but it serves its purpose. Others vouched for you which is great and your quirk can lead to funny scenarios in game.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you around often, and you've proven your competence in medical, both chemistry and surgery. I haven't seen you as much playing engineering (no thanks to me taking it often heh) but I have confidence you would be a capable synthetic.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001