4000daniel1 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    4000daniel1

Marine Name
    Max Judge

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Fred

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes.

Synthetic Character Story
    It's Fred�s first day on his new military assignment aboard the USS Almayer. The transition had been very distinct, he used to only have one assignment on his previous colony. Here, he had dozens of duties and assignments in all the existing departments.

Despite that Fred had been doing fine so far, after all most of him had been reprogrammed to fit his new role. He was on his way to help one of the maintenance techs clean the engines. But as he walked past the Requisitions Department, he began hearing a loud sound coming from the port canteen. As he drew closer, he started to hear the muffled sounds of someone yelling various curse words too. He arrived and opened the door, the sounds becoming clear.

��GIVE ME MY FUCKING BLUEBERRY SOUTO YOU PIECE OF SHIT!��

Fred saw a short man, his ID tag showing �Charles Darles - Delta Marine�. He was hitting a very large soft drink vending machine with his fists at full force. Yet barely even causing it to shake.

��Please stop!�� Fred cried, causing the marine to hastily turn his head towards him.

��You could potentially hurt yourself by disrupting such a large machine, and all that noise you�re making could cause the other marines to wake-��

��Wait a fucking second.�� The marine interrupted.

��How the fuck would I be the one getting hurt here? I am the one HITTING the machine, IT should be the one getting hurt here.�� The marine said with an visibly annoyed look on his face.

��Well it�s just that it�s so unusually large and you�re so-��

��SHORT!?�� The marine shouted, interrupting Fred once more.

��Or well not necessarily short, maybe just a little...compact?�� Fred replied with a small smile.

��COMPACT!? MOTHERFUCKING COMPACT!?�� The marine said boiling with anger, Fred realised he had to calm the marine down right now.

��I�LL SHOW YOU FUCKING COMPACT��� The marine growled, clenching his fist into a tight compacting form.

��I am so sorry for causing you anger which is making you act in an aggressive, and potentially destructive manner. I made an error in my choice of words, I shall make it up to you right now.�� Fred said before taking a few steps towards the soft drink machine, tilting it with the help of his powerful exoskeleton thus causing the stuck blueberry souto to fall right out.

The hateful look on the marines face vanished away, and was replaced by a surprised, almost shocked look.

��H-how the hell did you do that? Command keeps that thing supplied to have enough souto to last us for 5 years! It weighs like 10 tons!�� He said while kneeling down to pick up his drink.

��Oh no, if it would have weighed 10 tons my arms would have failed which would have caused catastrophic damage to my exoskeleton and medium to severe damage to the floor and pipes beneath us. I estimate it weighs around 423 kilograms, which is very unusually large for a soda machine indeed.�� Fred replied with a smile, dusting his hands after having touched the unclean top of the machine.

��Only 423 kilos huh, I betcha I could have done the same then if I had tried.�� The marine said, smirking at the machine.

Fred�s smile vanished ��Oh no! You could severely wound yourself trying to do such a thing. Only reason I was able to do it was cause my exoskeleton is made out of-��

The marine scoffed ��Yeah yeah, keep babbling robot.�� And walked out of the canteen to his dormitories, leaving Fred standing alone in the canteen.

��Fred, where the fuck are you? I have been waiting for you to get here for like 3 minutes now.�� Fred heard the maintenance tech complain in his headset.

��Oh, I am terribly sorry! Me not being on time could disrupt your schedule which could cause potential damage to the integrity of the ship, I will be there right away.�� Fred said into his own headset and began moving to engineering with haste.

Four days later, PFC Charles Darles was reported �KIA� after having been in an tragic accident involving the soft drink machine. Reportedly he had tried to accomplish the same thing Fred had when a fellow marines souto got stuck just as Charles's had.

After the memorial had been done (which Fred had not attended, being ordered to focus on his duties instead) Fred decided that in order to make sure no one was going to meet the same fate as Charles had, he would write and print notices enticing all personnel to avoid tilting or tampering with the soft drink machines. He had just finished writing it on one of the public computers in the conference room, and was about to begin printing when the Captain walked in. Lit cigar in his mouth as always.

��Ah, there you are.�� The Captain said, gazing at Fred.

Fred immediately got out of the chair and turned to face him. ��Greetings, Captain. How may I help you?�� Fred greeted with his usual smile.

The Captain closed the door, while gesturing for Fred to get on his seat again. Once he did so, he sat down on one of the metallic chairs close beside him.

��Alright so, listen. I know how WY manufactures each of you synths with their own �quirk�, only god knows why they do. But this... paranoid and extensively careful behavior of yours, it�s got to go.�� The Captain stated.

Fred was confused. ��With all due respect Captain, why is that?�� He asked.

��Well because it�s making my goddamn marines paranoid and even cowardly! Some of them haven�t dared approach the souto machine after you said what happened to Charles could happen to them if they�re not careful. And some idiots in Alpha haven�t showered ever since they heard you talk to the MT about the risks of unclean water!�� The Captain said, raising his voice as he did often.

��But Captain, that Delta marine..I could have-��

��No �buts� this is an order. Do you understand?�� The Captain explained sternly.

��Yes Captain, I understand.�� Fred said after a slight delay.

��Excellent.�� The Captain responded before getting up from his chair.

��And be ready, we are gonna reach the colony in t-minus 8 hours.�� He said before he walked through the opened door.

Once the door closed again automatically, Fred turned back to the computer, pressing a few buttons on the keyboard.

��Document deleted, have a nice day!�� The computer pinged

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I would play Fred as a synth that acts concerned and overly worried about practically anything, even minor things. For example, if he sees a marine with a knife in their mouth slot he may ask them to take it out in order to prevent potential damage to their tongue, or perhaps he'd ask marines to be extremely careful whenever he gives them equipment such as grenades or AP mags. Whenever he's not acting worried, he'll probably be trying to act as friendly as he can in order to avoid any potential escalations.

I mainly play medical since that's what I enjoy the most, with a bit of engineering and req on the side, I have however played the other support roles enough to understand their aspects. So whenever I'd play Fred I would be focused on filling in wherever I am the most needed.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Again, I mainly play medical and I have gotten very familiar with that. I know how to do chems, I know what all medicines do and their OD limits, and I know every surgery by hand. I have played engineering quite a bit too, and I know how to boot up the engines, repair APC's, build barricades, repair power and etc. The other most played support role I have would probably be RO, and I am quite familiar with what needs to be sent down and how to use your points.

I haven't played the other support roles as much but I have done each of them at least a few times in order to make sure I know how to do them if I have to, so I know how to do things as sending OB's/supply drops as SO or launching the dropships and medevac as PO.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I'd like to consider myself as an alright roleplayer and I think I could manage doing my choosen quirk well enough to perhaps add a little bit more RP to fellow players rounds. My timezone is CET (GMT+1) so I sometimes end up playing on low pop rounds where a synth could be very useful.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No, I was however given a tempoary ban around when I first started out for EORG since I didn't know any better. I've not recieved any other bans since then.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by 4000daniel1; 01-02-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was actually pretty fucking funny, one of the few stories that kept me hooked and had me chuckle. I like the quirk a lot too.

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've reviewed the story, but with every synth application since we had a shit head hide their way in and multikey, I always check CKEYs on all applications.

Just need to know if STARB0YY is another key you have or related to you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can make this work

_1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny story.

I'm used to see ya playing, not an unknown guy. About tuning it down if required, you said you're going to act friendly, that would be my main question here but you already answered it.

I'm just going to +1 this.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

The story conveys the Synth's quirk pretty well, and it's enjoyable to read. And you're pretty competent.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I've reviewed the story, but with every synth application since we had a shit head hide their way in and multikey, I always check CKEYs on all applications.

Just need to know if STARB0YY is another key you have or related to you.
    STARB0YY is actually my brothers CKEY. I introduced him to SS13 a while ago.

The rest of you, thanks for your kind comments and I am glad you've all seemed to enjoy the story!
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    STARB0YY is actually my brothers CKEY. I introduced him to SS13 a while ago.

The rest of you, thanks for your kind comments and I am glad you've all seemed to enjoy the story!
    Alright I did some log checking and looks like you're correct.

So the story made me laugh my ass off, and I like the quirk.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, glad you liked it!
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    I think we can make this work

_1
    hm i agree _1