User Tag List

Thread: Good One-Handed weapons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good One-Handed weapons?

So, I've recently fell in love with the Pyro Kit as an Unga, but my choice of backups is pretty limited with my back and armor slots being taken. As of now, I usually go for an SMG with the Holster taking up my belt, and putting extra ammo in my armor and, if I can get some, webbing. I try to get an Armbrace and Gyro for my SMG so I can easily whip it out and gun down a Beno if needed, and also add a Bayonet and Rail Flashlight to go with it.

I know that another option would be to just have a pistol as a back up, seeing as it would also solve the ammo storage problem with the ammo going into its holster, unlike the SMG. One thing I was considering was a One-Handed Shotgun with a Recoil Comp and Gyro attached, use a Shell Rig to store tons of ammo, and just hold my shotgun in hand. I guess another option would be to get rid of the Flamer backpack and instead take a Fueltank pouch for ammo storage, as even though I love my flamer, it doesn't score many kills and usually just serves as Area Denial, a way to fuck over runners that try to meme on people, and also a source of damage for me and other ungas to get dragged into after getting yote by a crusher.

TL;DR Is Shotty with Gyro and RC usable onehanded, if not, what's a good side weapon to complement a flamer besides the SMG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    onehanded shotguns with gyro and RC usually miss when you really need them, so they're not 100% reliable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onehanded shotgun with gyro works just fine if you use it exclusively at point blank. In my experience, recoil compensator is not even that necessary if you use it at point blank. You just won't be able to deal with ravs if you have only that.

88 mod should work fine onehanded, but the power is a bit lacking.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    39 arm brace+ other attachies, with the flamer they might running away after getting flammed anyway so you might be better off with something that can get a little more damage and send them to crit
    Otherwise slug shotgun and pray to rng so they get stunned a bit and burn a bit more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTDestroyer5900 View Post
    So, I've recently fell in love with the Pyro Kit as an Unga, but my choice of backups is pretty limited with my back and armor slots being taken. As of now, I usually go for an SMG with the Holster taking up my belt, and putting extra ammo in my armor and, if I can get some, webbing. I try to get an Armbrace and Gyro for my SMG so I can easily whip it out and gun down a Beno if needed, and also add a Bayonet and Rail Flashlight to go with it.

I know that another option would be to just have a pistol as a back up, seeing as it would also solve the ammo storage problem with the ammo going into its holster, unlike the SMG. One thing I was considering was a One-Handed Shotgun with a Recoil Comp and Gyro attached, use a Shell Rig to store tons of ammo, and just hold my shotgun in hand. I guess another option would be to get rid of the Flamer backpack and instead take a Fueltank pouch for ammo storage, as even though I love my flamer, it doesn't score many kills and usually just serves as Area Denial, a way to fuck over runners that try to meme on people, and also a source of damage for me and other ungas to get dragged into after getting yote by a crusher.

TL;DR Is Shotty with Gyro and RC usable onehanded, if not, what's a good side weapon to complement a flamer besides the SMG?
    If you wanna use a flamer but wanna have a backpack weapon too, request at RQ for a Flamer Fuel Tank Pouch, it can hold 2 fuel tanks

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revolver after update is pretty decent one-handed. Bonus points if you will attach rail flashlight to it and wear revolver on a belt slot.

Normal webbing and armor give you 5 slots, one slot for extinguisher and you are left with 4 speedloaders. For revolver it's a lot of ammo. You can also ask Req for big pistol ammo pouch and medkit pouch, go to medbay and snatch medkit. Throw away injector from medkit and put MRE inside. Here you go, 13 speedloaders and full Mini-Flamer loadout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotgun+gyro loaded with buckshot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently a full mag of an M4A3 can send a rav from full to 25% health. And you can pop that off in a few seconds. Pistol belt and M4A3 is very much a decent weapon. And you can carry considerable ammo. Pouches for flamer are good as well because you can just click the pouch to draw out the flamer tank, rather than the two clicks to get one from a backpack.

M39 Armbrace is god tier. You don't need a gyro. The main issue is storing the weapon and keeping your backpack. Since the backpack is so good for the Pyrokit. You can consider packing extra fuel tanks (ask for them from req, they get a few.) And using armor+webbing to store 5 mags, or 6 with standard armor. +1 in the gun. That's 7 mags. You can bring your backpack down and do a few things. Hold it in your hand while you move then wield the flamer, and just pick the backpack up. Or leave it in a convenient focal point. Such as HYDRO on LV. ENGINEERING on Prison. BAR or ENGINEERING on Bread. Ice. uh. Ice is Ice.

So: Flamer on back. M39 in exosuit. Two flamer pouches, or one. 6 mags in armor. The reason flamer goes on back is because when you flame something, you doubletap E. That'll holster the flamer on your back, and immediately draw out the M39, giving you the ability to chase and shoot instantly. Very strong.

M4A3 with holsterbelt. Get extendo if you can. BC is honestly not a bad choice for an M4A3. It's pretty pinpoint accurate by default, so it doesn't really need mods unless you wanna slap a laser sight on it if you get a BC or something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTDestroyer5900 View Post

The last time I played, the devs fucked marine damage on weapons, so like..The only good weapons were the revolver or something, but this was a while ago. I wouldn't advise using the revolver because like...It shoots really slow, it takes forever to reload, and it's just kinda lame.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    The last time I played, the devs fucked marine damage on weapons, so like..The only good weapons were the revolver or something, but this was a while ago. I wouldn't advise using the revolver because like...It shoots really slow, it takes forever to reload, and it's just kinda lame.
    They have changed that. Now you can reload revolver faster than a pistol and it doesn't shoot that slow.