ChainsawMullet - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    ChainsawMullet

Marine Name
    Hylla Greene

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Rhuu'Nhon

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    Just going to post the first section of the story for word count and link the Google doc:

It was the dull red light more than the noise that pulled Rhuu�Nhon�s focus away from her carving. Setting the piece she was working on, a small figure of S�ahul, down, she turned her attention to the alert that had come up on her wrist bracer - one of the Yautja Elders was requesting her immediate presence. �An Elder is requesting me? The situation must be serious then.� she thought to herself, for it was common knowledge that a Yautja who wanted to continue living dared not make demands of a female hunter. Rhuu�Nhon gathered all her equipment, but left her weapons behind, there was no danger of another hunter challenging her, after all, and made her way to the conference chamber specified in the alert.

As Rhuu�Nhon made her way to conference chamber, her mind was racing thinking of all the possible scenarios that would push an Elder to request her. With a little effort, she quieted her active mind and entered the chamber. The first thing she saw was the Elder who requested her, he had only recently passed his trials, and his inexperience showed in the way he behaved, but he was nonetheless a capable hunter and warrior, he seemed to be extremely tense, which was rare for a Yautja of his station, though as Rhuu�Nhon turned her head to follow his eyesight she saw why - there were two other female hunters in the room, and three accomplished male hunters. Rhuu�Nhon sighed inwardly, the three hunters across from her, while extremely capable in combat, were not altogether that bright. She had some hope that her sisters in arms may be brighter, but from what she knew of their reputations only one of them had started learning to think critically.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Rhuu'Nhon lends her faith to S'ahul, the Demigoddess of Wisdom, Rhuu'Nhon believes that the mind is an underutilised weapon gifted to the Yautja by S'ahul, and that by using it alongside physical prowess is the path to becoming a great hunter.

Rhuu'Nhon is not a cautious hunter, but she is also not a reckless one, she chooses the most appropriate mode of approach for any given situation after careful consideration for the possibilities and potential issues she may encounter. If the situation calls for it, she will be reserved and cautious, or aggressive and reckless, or somewhere in between. She will probably find ways to mark an area as hers and set it up in a way to make it a convenient place for her to return to. Things like moving tables there or storing trophy bags in a hidden spot in the area, as she believes in sacrificing some of her material possessions to S'ahul, things like some of the trophies she collects or carvings she creates are viable objects to be sacrificed to the Demigoddess of Wisdom as thanks for blessing Rhuu'Nhon with her wit.

Naturally, she values intelligence in the prey she chooses, she will watch for any smart maneuvers, moments of cunning, or prey that continually outsmarts its opponents. Prey with little in the way of intelligence are of no interest to her, she has no interest in conversing with them (but will if she must) nor hunting them.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honour duel is a sacred bout between a Yautja and a worthy prey, but not just any worthy prey, prey that stands above and beyond others, worthy of being granted the chance to participate in a sacred Yautja ritual. In an honour duel, the winner and loser are both decided in a simple test of combat prowess with no outside interference or cowardly weaponry or gear.

A hunt is a core aspect of Yautja culture, hunters select prey worthy of hunting in order to collect them as trophies (or for food) as proof of their prowess, a Yautja who only collects weak trophies is not to be considered a skilled hunter.

Innocent prey are exempt from both hunts and honour duels, while unworthy prey are filthy lifeforms that should never be allowed to participate in something as sacred as an honour duel.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Rhuu'Nhon is respectful of Yautja that are respectful of her, she has no problems with the beliefs of other Yautja and generally considers herself to not be incredibly confrontational as far as female Yautja go. The only time she will become vicious or aggressive towards another Yautja is if they slight S'ahul, as Rhuu'Nhon holds the Demigoddess above all else in her else.

Otherwise, Rhuu'Nhon finds that she enjoys the company of other Yautja, comparing hunting methods and watching their style of hunting.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    RPing in CM is fun, Predator is an RP-heavy role.

I also like the semi-observer playstyle where it's almost up to the player themself how much they participate in the affairs in the round or if they stick to conversing with other Yautja, or potentially just watching the whole time with a few bits of conversation with passing marines/xenos thrown in. Even though Predator has quite a lot of restrictions I think there's a lot that can be done with the role.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question time !

1. What is the prime responsibility of a pred player in any round ?

2. There is one marine you've been interested in for a while now. You stalk and follow him around and he proves to be an example of what is a worthy prey. Describe what you would do?

3. You get slashed by a cheeky praetorian who then runs back to the hive. What do you do ?
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    Question time !

1. What is the prime responsibility of a pred player in any round ?

2. There is one marine you've been interested in for a while now. You stalk and follow him around and he proves to be an example of what is a worthy prey. Describe what you would do?

3. You get slashed by a cheeky praetorian who then runs back to the hive. What do you do ?
    1) To me, for ALL roles, but especially predator, you should strive to have every player you interact with come out of the interaction having their round made more enjoyable. This goes for the predator themself as well, if you yourself are having fun, unless you're doing it at the expense of others it's likely that you're fun for other people to interact with. Of course you're also responsible for keeping to the honour code at all times while doing this.

2) First and foremost, if there are other Yautja present in the round, I will make it clear that he is to be my prey. Once I've done that, I will try to get him alone, if he stays in a group or runs to the FOB, I might consider leaving him for a while, however if he moves away from his group the hunt will begin.

3) ICly his cheek would mark him as unworthy and would allow me to obliterate him with full force, OOCly destroying a T3 over one slash that is easily healed is a bit excessive to me, so I would probably roar at him and warn him that if he is cheeky again, it will cost him his life. I would see no benefit in following him to the hive, only keeping up with him long enough to issue my warning and be on my way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My desire for answers has been fulfilled.

Onto the full review. I like your story. The entire thing is written well and has clearly been in the making for quite some time. Your answers are not too complicated or lengthy yet they show your knowledge both OOC'ly and IC'ly on what is right and wrong.

I know you as a player, I've seen you around and have heard of you. Overall this application hits all the marks for a good one in my opinion.

I'll slap a cheeky +1 on it.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the story, which was good and detailed.

I liked your answers to Nick's questions and the app overall. You seem to understand what a predator should do versus what we can do. I'll give the +1. Good luck
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for the support, I won't let you down.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides the fact, you have an alcoholic anime pfp I'm giving you a +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will flex on you and prove clan Thesh superiority when you get your whitelist

+1
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything was said so here is my +1.

Nice to finally see you apply.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting gimmick, good app, good responses, player I'd trust.

+ 1