User Tag List

Thread: Weird BYOND Bug (?) Banned Due to Someone Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird BYOND Bug (?) Banned Due to Someone Else

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...84/unknown.png (Using this as the attached thumbnails are too small and I don't know what I'm doing.)

I'm not sure where to put this but bugs doesn't seem right and ban appeals certainly isn't right. I don't know what's happening but recently I seem to be getting banned due to multikeying on ckeys I don't have access to. This happened on COSAB where I got banned because the game mistook me for another person on there who got perma'd and I can't login to some games because it boots me for multikeying. Anyway I'm definitely not whoever the hell this is in the screenshot since that's not any of my ckeys and I'm pretty sure I don't share the same IP as that guy, I have a Predator whitelist app on the old forums under this username so hopefully that's a way I can prove I'm not this guy.

Is there any way I can get this fixed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait for a response here from staff. They will work on it

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no system in place because SS13 works on a .txt file for handling bans
    Unfortunately if someone gets beaned with a certain CID, everyone using that copy of windows gets the same ban.

We can only make exceptions at the moment for permanent ban users, timed bans unfortunately don't work at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shieeeet, guess I'll have to wait for the ban to time out then, that's a shame.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CID is based on hard drive UUID not the windows serial. You likely share an IP with whoever got banned

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emerald has been doing her best to fix this issue, some people have been unbanned, others have not.