Date of Incident
    August 21, 2019

Your Character Name?
    N/A

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Decker100

Accused Character Name
    Decker Alsimia

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    10:30 EST/9:30 CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 16: Battlefield Execution

Description of the incident:
    I ran my custom mini event with OSHA Inspection. Katashi Juro/Snow7 was my admiral along with another player who was CL/OSHA Liason, and a staff officer who was Katashi's adjudant

The event was going fine, and Katashi was roleplaying seeing stuff on the floors and your basic marine disarray. At the time of the start of the event I had sent a command announcement and players had known about this event because I asked for volunteers before round start which I had gotten.

That being said, Decker had joined a bit after the round had started and the operation was going on. I also had spawned another player as a survivor who was a CLF agent with the intent to assassinate the admiral.

However, I was later ahelped by snow7/juro that "I need the code" and when I responded with "what code" he said "Decker is challenging me for the communication codes." I had spawned Juro a code book and went back to observing my survivor, when I saw that Juro was battlefield executed.

I asked Decker why he killed my event admiral and he said he had IC reasons because he didn't give proper codes. He also said that he didn't look like Juro (I did not customize the admiral to be bald and have a eye patch like Juro normally does)

When I explained that command announcements were sent, and that this was an admin sanctioned event, he said something about it was not a valid annoucement because there was no code .

I spoke with Lordington about Deckers actions low-key ruining an admin event, and he said I should have issued a ban. But Decker has a right to defend his actions.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Another mod or admin can post the logs since I'm making the report

How you would punish the accused:
    I expect the CO council and Bancrose to do their duty. Per our admin manager, I could have banned Decker for this, but I saw this more of a WL issue besides pretty much messing with an admin event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the Command Reports upon awakening and seeing the Rear Admiral onboard. I asked the XO to check if codes were given as well as consulted with the Android (Cassie) to which neither had said they had confirmed the identity of the Admiral conducting a "Saftey Inspection".

The long and short of it is that Juro was BE'd for being unable to prove his identity or validity, nor did High Command confirm it upon my request both prior and after he was shot. I had ordered Cassie multiple times to make an arrest to which Cassie did not. I would of conducted the arrest myself due to the lack of MPs but I have been reported prior for making an arrest as the CO rather than deputising (which I had the Synth).

Juro was ahealed and I handled the rest of the Round as Juro as prisoner, shortly after the Xenos hijacked the Alamo and rammed the Almayer. As well as a rather exciting shootout in the AIC between Juro and myself.

I am aware of 'Admin events' but I am also vigilant of the plot-twists that usually occur from these. In-Character, I cannot fathom why a Rear Admiral would travel several dozen lightyears (which would take months) from Sol and rendezvous with a troop corvette in the middle of combat operations and also forget to transmit the correct codes. The Synth also didn't help by stating it had recieved an 'upload of the fugitives database' and recognised Juro as a supposed 'Fugitive'.

Lordington hasn't spoken to me about this incident.

The USS Almayer Codebook is used (and has been used repeatedly) to validate things on an IC level (usually to uncover a CLF imposter and the like). I have used it many times before when contacting High-Command and have High-Command challenge me with said codes when they have attempted to contact me. I heard mention that Thesoldier wasn't aware how the book worked which probably lead to greater confusion.

I'll put it to this though,
    I won't deny the BE was excessive, I would of much rather had the Synth preform the arrest or HC validate the Admiral's identity. If the Council or Admins do decide that someone here is at fault it would most likely be myself though I believe this is simply down to miscommunication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so, I was Cassie, the Synthetic in that round. I was ensuring the ship was up to OSHA standards, cleaning up the floors, patrolling the corridors looking for broken lights, fixing the reactors; mind that we had 0 MT's and a minimal Medical team, which seemed to lack experience. All I knew about the Rear Admiral was that they were on a surprise OSHA inspection, they were going to meet the XO in the Alpha/Bravo Canteen, and their name.

At one point Decker wakes up, checks with me and the XO for the Admiral's codes, then meets up with me, deputizing me as a MP. Mind it that we had 0 MP's aswell. While he was deputizing me I get a SM regarding the upload of a file, named "recent fugitives" or something among these lines; now that I know the entirety of the event, I know that the file was supposed to be linked with the CLF survivor, but back then I had no knowledge of any survivors, especially admin-spawned ones.

We eventually meet the Admiral, the code checkup comes in, and the codes mismatch. Decker then orders me to arrest the Rear Admiral, and I have indeed hesitated for a couple of reasons:

1) You can arrest a Captain ONLY if you receive High Command authorization. The Rear Admiral is above a Captain, rank-wise; as such, in my opinion you'd still need HC permission to brig them. The order to arrest them was, as such, invalid, until it was proved that Juro was not an Admiral. That brings me to...

2) At that point I still had no clue about the "recent fugitives" upload. In retrospect I should have ahelped about it, but I find it unlikely that the admins would've told me about the CLF survivor, since that would've lead to possible metagaming on my part. As such I tried RP'ing Juro being a fugitive himself; I did ask him to remove his cap and sunglasses, and he seemed to have the default human look; Caucasian color with a Crewcut. He seemed to lack Juro's bald head and eyepatch aswell. The arrest order was valid now, and I tried getting the "Admiral" brigged then for Sedition, the closest Marine Law crime to Impersonation, but they got BE'd before I could've arrested them.

3) This is more of an OOC reason, but permabrigging, or executing, an event character within 15 minutes of them being spawned is, in my opinion, a waste of an event. Juro somehow did end up surviving the BE, and a Lieutenant even tried breaking him out of the brig, but sadly the main OSHA event was cut short, and the only time the CLF Survivor met up with the Admiral was on the evac pod, Juro already being dead and unrevivable due to heart damage.

I did ahelp about the "recent fugitives" file, and if I should do something more interesting with it, after healing the Admiral and permabrigging them for "Sedition", but from what I remember I received a "No response needed".
    Please do tell me if I should further clarify my point of view.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record there was a twist.

The survivor if located by the synth was going to lead the synth to recognizing the survivors face as a wanted fugitive and I was gonna set up a cat and mouse game.

However after Juro got BEed, I pretty much quit the server cause of how mad I was and abandoned the event.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll look into this.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll probably resolve this at some point, but I will say that staff shouldn't be banning someone for not going along with an event they're running. Since they're running the thing, there's obviously a conflict in interested when dealing with a case like that, since you're not unbiased in that situation. Soldier didn't do that and went through an official channel by making this report so no fault on him, but I wanted this said publicly.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO council has been investigating on this report, combined with past history and we will have a resolve soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clf agent here.

While i was on alamayer having first spoken with the cl i hear that for some reason the admiral was BE and i ahelp thesolider to ask him what i need to do,a bit later i ask in radio why was the admiral BE and the answer i get it was because he did not showed proof that he was the admiral.

Now for Decker he should had fax HC and wait for a answer from therm about if Juro was a valid admiral,not just BE even if no answer was send and there only proof was synth getting a report about recent fugitive(was about me i think).After BE the admiral somehow survived and was sent in brig still with no HC answer and when his so tried to save him from brig the so was sent in brig too.When alamo was to crash the admiral was released and he chose to go and BE the co.

Then the admiral's cl tried to fax hc about this but i think thesolider had log off at that point.

Note that Decker chose to BE a admiral then brig him,the so and name all that came with the admiral as fugitives with no hc answer and what he said that he did not look like Juro is not a valid reason to say he was not Juro or the annoucement that had no codes and challenge him for codes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The synth refused to carry out the arrest. I�ve been told that CO�s should not arrest people as they have BE�s at their disposal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Dchat observer for I think the first hour of this round. Quite a lot was happening that round so I'll just confirm a few things I witnessed relevant to this:

1. Decker did wake up late, after I think two announcements announcing the arrival of Admiral Juro. At the time I believe the XO was handling the matters shipside. Soldier did announce OOCly that he was going to do an event and was asking for volunteers but I think you wouldn't have known that if you didnt log in before roundstart. If it is important, he woke up around the time marines were deploying planetside for their first drop.

2. I did witness Juro BE someone for whatever the reason was before the arrest. This might have led Decker to believe Juro might be a fake and it was from there I saw the radio and local chat where Juro was asked for confirmation codes.

3. After point no 2 something else happened groundside. I switched view before switching back to Juro only to see him being dragged by Cassie the synth while standing. Juro was at this point very badly injured if I am not mistaken. At this point there were chatters with regards to Juro's arrest where Cassie was evidently ignoring the CO's order to arrest the Admiral for a good while.

4. The round was quite wild, lots of things happening which for CIC's case means lots of information to take in for a CO who just woke up and with limited staff support CIC. I say this cause I saw 2 CIC personnel excluding the CO meeting and talking to the Admiral.

I logged out midgame to head to bed so this is as far as I can confirm. I was rather tired at this point so I can't confirm some of the other specifics of the game I witnessed.