User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decker100 - Rule 16: Battlefield Execution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    3. After point no 2 something else happened groundside. I switched view before switching back to Juro only to see him being dragged by Cassie the synth while standing. Juro was at this point very badly injured if I am not mistaken. At this point there were chatters with regards to Juro's arrest where Cassie was evidently ignoring the CO's order to arrest the Admiral for a good while.
    I was indeed dragging Juro while standing at one point. This was after Decker BE'd Juro, and Juro somehow survived it. I ensured to splint him up, and handcuffed him too; I was dragging them to the Brig, for processing and surgery in the Brig Operating Theatre. At that point I had settled to consider Juro one of the recent fugitives, thus validating Decker's arrest order.

I had indeed ignored and disobeyed Decker's orders to arrest Juro for a long while. As per Marine Law, all ranks above and including Captain are immune to arrest via MP's if and only if they lack High Command Approval. As such, Decker's order to arrest Juro was unlawful and as per Synth Guidelines and Marine Law I am to disobey it. In order to progress the RP situation, I brought up the recent fugitives file uploaded earlier via Admin SM and used that for RP, such as scanning Juro with Me" and asking them to remove their cap and sunglasses for me to get a better look at them. The RP situation was cut short with Decker executing the Admiral.

I think that it would be best if someone could kindly provide some logs.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs are being collected but due to the length of time and amount of people involved it may take me a while. They will be posted as soon as possible.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'm just gonna resolve this now as I know enough information to make a conclusion.

To start, I'll touch on the issue with this as a BE. Now technically, as per the wording of the BE rule, you can't BE an Admiral since they are not under your command. With that said, realistically these rules are not made with Admirals in mind since they are admin-spawn and the rules around them change based on the event at hand. That does not mean you should BE the Admiral, for obvious reasons. While the codebooks may not have aligned (which will be explained later) and there could have been doubt, you should really ahelp before just assuming since why would an Admiral, of all things, be fake?

This brings us to the process of running events itself. Event running is not easy and because byond is just terrible as a system, changing certain things is way harder than it's often worth the time investment. Things like changing hairstyles are doable but you'll spend like 3 minutes setting it up for something that no one even gives a second thought to. As such, Admins will spend time focusing on the more important aspects, like getting the event rolling, rather than spending lots of time on small details. Now this brings us back to the codebook. Currently, the codebook is not well designed and does not have much of any supporting code for it. Admins have no easy way at all to check the codes and spawning a new book does not clone the current round information. As such, the system does not currently work without jumping through a lot of hoops no Admin is really going to use. As such, while technically, yes, ICly the Admiral did not know the code, that does not mean you should just instantly run with this as a reason an Admiral, someone higher rank than you, is an imposter and kill them. This information should have been forwarded to high command or ahelped for the event runner to answer you on.

So with all of this as a whole, this is not acceptable for someone to be doing as a CO. Killing event players for some random IC reason is something that shitty PFC players do to try to fuck with the round. While the events IC could have been turned into actual RP and been made part of the round, using it as an excuse to BE them adds nothing to the round and simply destroys any ongoing event plans or possibilities. While I will not say that you should be banned for this, this is not acceptable from someone playing a whitelisted role. I understand that you may have IC doubts and reasons, but you do have to keep in mind events are never going to cover all bases as there are too much RP possibilities so if you're going to do something drastic, you should always run it past the Admin running the event or at least how to proceed.

This event would result in a warning for a CO (or any WL player really) for killing a friendly event character off a false perceived threat they believe in, however, Decker has another report open so I'm going to be dealing with the final judgment for both reports there. Report resolved.