User Tag List

Thread: Avalanchee - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avalanchee - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Avalanchee
    Character Name?
    Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray, Brooke Forest, Linda Woolard and few others
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    -
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    x31stOverlord
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    ?
    What other servers do you play on?
    At the moment I do not play on any other servers but from time to time I hop on RUCM
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I have never been banned on any other SS13 servers.
    Reason for Ban
    Banned by host: A22Apr19 - Cheating over external communications. Winners don�t do drugs.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I was metacomming with Buck Montes through a discord DM group. One of the members took a screenshot and forwarded it to the staff team.

Regarding the DM group,
    It was my idea, just few hours after the research update dropped. I invited my brothers in arms and some other peeps that knew CM chems by heart in order to cheese the crap out of the new research update and it worked fairly well. For days we�ve been sharing chem recipes, teaching one another how to make grenades and having fun. Like I mentioned above, everything was going well and I think it was the most enjoyable time I have ever had while playing CM

But then, on the 22nd of April when I was playing B18 and rocking my new chem loadout, powergaming on the maximal possible level with my state-of-the-art strats I took it too far.
    For those that don�t know, it was the classic scenario where there was a bunch of last xenos running around LV caves, casually delaying the round without a queen. Frustrated and annoyed, I pinged Buck to provide me with info regarding their locations and he did.
    Looking back, I feel really shitty for dragging my best mates into this stupid drama, I realize now that what I did was taking it way too far to win and I�m hoping that at least Buck�s ban appeal / if he�ll ever post one in the future will go through because honestly he shouldn�t be the one to blame.

Anyway,
    The only thing that I can provide to you as a vouch is the fact that during the last four months of my playtime on the server, I was constantly trying to improve my overall behavior because I was really close to getting perma banned thanks to my god awful note history.
    But back then I was playing CM on a daily basis, more than 5 hours a day and taking it too seriously and I think that is the main reason why I ended up here today. After taking a nearly five-month long break I can assure you that I won�t return as the exact same person that you had to deal with every second day but instead as someone who learned from his mistakes in the past.

And lastly I would also like to apologize for my latest forum infraction, it certainly wasn�t worth the punishment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I've gotten permission to post this from Grimcad.

These past six months I have played on and off with Avalanchee outside of CMs so im posting this as a Character witness, or I believe that's the correct words.

Keep in mind I am a bit biased as i consider myself a good friend of Avalanchee.

Avalanchee has the past few months matured a lot. He has developed as a person it seems, and as a player in games, in which he seems to take a more relaxed approach towards, which was quite the opposite of his old behavior to rush in and die.

Besides this, CM is something Avalanchee loves. His playtime before the perma was applied shows that with ease, and even after he was permaed he has stayed active on the forums.
    Recently as well I've noticed he has begun to help players in the #gameplay help channel on Discord.

In more simpler terms, his behavior has improved both as a person and in games. And, I personally believe he would be able to act in terms with our rules and roleplay standards.

If the Manager handling this appeal has any more questions I can be asked over discord, and i wish the best of luck to Avalanchee with the appeal.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me be candid here. You were a horrible player. You claim you were trying to improve your last months here before the perma, to which I can only reply that you were doing a shit job at it. One only needs to see that your reaction to getting permabanned was to write a shitpost tier cryosleep thread and shielding yourself behind the claim that "everyone does it". You've apparently got a lot of support from the community. I couldn't care less. Everyone likes the funny memers except the people whoa ctually have to deal with the shit they cause.

The appeal itself is good, but coming from you it sounds like you're saying just what we want to hear because your repeated rulebreaking has destroyed your credibility. To be frank, there is one reason and one reason only that you're going to be given another chance, that being the help you've been giving around the Discord. That is the one reason you're going to be let back in.

That said, with a note history like that, the only reason you were not permabanned before was staff negligence. I assure you it will not happen again. If you cause ANY sort of trouble or break any rules you will be shown the door. No ifs or buts, no excuses. It's not hard to follow the rules, especially when you've been here for almost two years. You've run out of excuses or credit on that front. I will personally check your notes regularly and if I find anything unacceptable whether or not the handling moderator banned you over it you will be permabanned on the spot. This probation is indefinite and will be lifted once we believe you've proven you can be a decent member of the community. We've been morepatient with you than with just about anyone in the community and it stops here. This is your last chance, don't fuck it up.