User Tag List

Thread: Fortelian - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortelian - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Fortelian
    Character Name?
    Salvador Kepplinger
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Military Police and Chief Military Police
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Not known
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Yogstation. /tg/ station. /vg/ station. Hippie station. Aurora station. Pizza station. Goonstation 2 LRP.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Yogstation. 1 week ban and a LONG time after that, a 3 day ban.
    Reason for Ban
    This happened a long time ago but I am incapable of getting the message for why I was banned because it is a jobban. Unless there is some other way I don't know about, and if there is, then if I could get informed of that by someone.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I am appealing for Military Police and Chief Military police in the security department. I don't have any screenshots because I can't get the logs for the round unless there is some way I don't know of. But basically, I got banned for going planetside as a military police officer. I just headed down. CO and CMP didn't say I had to but didn't specifically tell me not to either. I was relatively new to the server and was going down planetside kind of to observe the marines. Maybe arrest a bad one if they did something illegal, but it turns out your not allowed to go down without CMP or CO permission, which I was unaware of. I would recommend adding this fact to the rules or something because this rule is not in SOP, Marine law, or the normal rules, so I didn't know it wasn't allowed. I'll make sure not to do it again if this gets approved.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was unaware that MPs had to have authorization to go down to planet. It makes sense now but it isn't listed anywhere, so adding that would be helpful I think. For the EORG I was shooting a wall with another guy. Didn't know why he was doing it. Just decided to help him out. And for the burrower thing, I'll make sure not to do that again (Do I report bugs on forums or is there a gitlab?). And I don't even know what the LRP as xeno is. I did it, of course, just a while ago. I have read all the rules, the SOP, and Marine law. I am going to make sure that before I ever decide to do something I'll check the rules because they're there for a reason.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention the ip with quartich. I have never actually seen him in game before and never talked to him so far as I can recall.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention in main appeal that I am banned on bay and citadel (I think?)

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm the admin handling this appeal.

I'm going to be lifting both the MP and CMP ban, as after discussion with my fellow admins, we feel you've learned and understand the issue now.

I would like to point out Rule 15, which is:

Rule 15. Military Police - All Military Police jobs must follow Marine Law. They may ignore Minor Crimes unless ordered to enforce them, but they may not ignore Major Crimes nor commit any crimes themselves, Minor or Major.

What this means is that when playing as an MP, you shouldn't be violating any part of Marine Law, including Neglect of Duty or Desertion, which would be broken if you deployed without it being approved by someone higher up in the in-game Chain of Command. For instance, if you're playing as CMP, the XO or CO could give you permission to deploy, but no one else.

Resolved - Accepted
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???