User Tag List

Thread: Forbiddenbetta - Developer Application (Coder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forbiddenbetta - Developer Application (Coder)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    lbnesquik

Age?
    20 - 30

Gender?
    Prefer not to say

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Coder

If Coder, what languages?
    Basics of C and Js

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Aeiou, Polaris and another couple servers i don't want to mention. Did a bit of everything but successfully managed to make a couple systems, especially one for Round end facts, like in CSGO but with random shit.

Like how many points of damage were suffered in this game.

Proof of any previous or current work:
    Don't look at it too hard plz it isn't pure.
    https://github.com/lbnesquik

How well do you know Git?
    I can use it. I think i know everything needed except how to use private repo's and squash commits that have been pushed.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    Seriously don't look at what i made for Virgo.
    Last edited by Forbiddenbetta; 08-24-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add some meat to my application, i also have some amateur experience with spriting software and how they work. Made a couple animated as well.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0_20-03-23.gif

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...9_23-13-59.gif

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0_01-51-12.gif

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey, sorry for the late response. We'll be discussing your application in the upcoming dev meeting on saturday.

So just sit tight with us for a second and we'll get you a proper response. Things has been a bit hectic around here, so it got a little delayed.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On another note:

Where would you say your main focus is at, developing frontend features for marines or xenos, bugfixing, backend?

If you have any interest in touching balance, how would you describe the current meta? if you don't, you don't have to answer this. You are welcome to offer a solution as well.

What area could use some QoL or code improvements in your opinion?
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are things a bit crazy because of head staff changes?

Anyway, i would like to do both front end and back end. There is numerous small things i'd like to tweak and add proper feedback to as well as some more visible features i'd like to add.

Balance wise, i think marines are a bit too strong right now and some xenos castes are terribly weak. Buffing sentinel and changing the tank meta would be welcome changes. As for small arms, i am interested in tweaking UPP/CLF weapons alongside other rarely used equipement.

As for QoL, pretty much everything related to the tank and dropships. Both of those have very little information whenever you use them. You don't know if the medivac cooldown is over, if the tank is low or high on ammo, whether you are taking a lot of damage, how much time is left and so on. Those are things i'd like to make better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Betta,
    We had a discussion about your application during the weekend, discussing code snippets you've sent us, alongside your previous work, and have decided that while you may be able to fit in at a later time, we feel that you require some more experience with coding in DM before we can accept you into the team as a coder. The spriting team also felt the same with regards to your sprites. They liked them, but felt like you need to do a little extra practice.

While I won't go into detail about any other reasoning, you and I had a conversation about a couple of personal issues, and we believe that as a team you should resolve these issues before we can consider accepting you. While we have absolutely no control over your personal life, nor do we want to, we did agree that the particular issues brought up would directly affect your position in the team and resolving these matters beforehand would prove to us that you are ready to move on.

I hope none of this is taken personally, and I wish you good luck in future applications. It was nice talking to you.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Closed. Denied for now. Reapply in 3 months