Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WITHDRAWN]Loco52 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Loco52

Player Name You Use Most?
    Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link

Mod app
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18409

Denied CO app
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...ilit=Commander

CMP/MP Jobban
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...0&p=198741&hil ... 52#p198741

Got a denied CO app, a mod app and CMP/MP job ban appeal.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    None so fat

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Executions are the last or emergency mechanisms a Commanding Officer has when dealing with his subordina tes. A CO has the right to BE any marine that is actively disrupting operation, engaging in sabotage or generally being a huge nuisance to CIC itself. Cases such as intentionally flashing briefing before first drop, spouting riot phrases or any seditious behavior, power sabotaging, soft sabotage against the CIC, heavy threats they can all be quickly solved with a BE from the CO.

It differs from the formal execution because the BE is a summary execution for emergency cases, while the formal execution is reserved to marines who have commited heavy crimes that warrant it. Also, BEs have a restriction: you can't BE for example the CMP, but a CMP can actually execute the CO if High Command deems It's necessary for the sake of the op.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My Character is known for his heavy temper, this of course wouldn't change as CO. He will want perfection, he will verbally shout at crew members not doing their job properly but over all he will use the Military Police to punish marines for any crime, minor or major.

For insubordinate command staff, I wouldn't hesitate to use my mateba. I will expect the highest standards from my CIC and if they fail to comply, constantly insult me and my commanding skills, leave their positions or feed the marines with ideas of rebellion a BE is in place.

For departaments such as req which are vital to the company, I would simply issue the pertinent orders to the MPs to brig the troublemakers and replace them with more capable individuals.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The commander's job is primordially there to lead the marines and the crew member, to maintain a cohesion between the different departments with on-point, fair and logical orders in order to keep the operation running smoothly for the ultimate goal of securing the victory for the marines.

Asides from that, the CO is also an RP Oriente role, the CO is an example for the rest of the marines in that particular round he is leading. It's the CO that gets to decide if that round he's leading will have a fun, enjoyable overall RP or if it will just be lacking any of that. Many roles such as CL, XO and SOs are directly dependent to the CO's will to embrace RP or totally leave it asides.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    There is a suggestion i've been working on for this position, as I believe the CO also requires a replacement to the old commander smartgun. Not a smartgun, but perhaps a gun that's just slightly more powerful and accurate than the rest. That would give actual COs more encouragement for last stands on almayer, automatically encouraging the rest to follow him and increasing the odds for victory.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I've played XO and SO a couple of times and I like to think every time in CIC I try my best to make everyone have fun, be it the marines im over watching or fellow CIC staff I always try to RP and toy around without stopping to study the situation at hand and deploying new tactics on the run.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    It was another long day in a ship with nothing much to do except playing cards all day, the casual cig between break and break and constantly hazzling the CL to give me and my Alpha friends a cold beer whenever his officially issued alcohol was dispatched.

"Full house!" said Ron, one of the best engineers im our squad, before revealing his hand to the five players that were there, and also revealing he managed to snatch a hundred bucks from each of us. "You got to be kidding me" I replied, a young PFC by then.
    "You're cheating, I dont know how, but you can't win four times in a row, I won't give you anything" insults rapidly ensued, and soon I saw myself engaging Ron in a brawl before we heard the loud whistle sound coming from our SL.

"Stop this madness! Gear up and attend briefing ALL of you, we are in for an incursion in a cold planet so don't forget your coifs. Come on move it!"

Soon everything you could hear were the hurried steps of every Alpha marine gearing up and running towards briefing before the time limit. And there I went, too. Apparently we were about to land on an icy planet we nicknamed as" Ice Colony", a research facility owned by the Company invaded five years ago by the CLF, and the Falcons were supposed to end this invasion today, with the help of a single light tank and a lot of armed to the teeth brave soldiers ready to kill or be killed.

Deployment began, I was holding to my standard M41A nervously because perhaps everyone around me were ignorant about this fact I'm about to tell you but I knew for sure this war we were starting would last months, or even years, before we could snatch this place back for the USCM.

Alpha had one goal: force the CLF to hide under ground, and how were we supposed to do that? Striking their main aerial forces in the aerodrome by night. We were dropped from the Alamo and deployed our parachutes, and as expected first landing was a success and we weren't noticed. Me and Ron happened to be in the same FT and we were ordered to blow up their aerodrome radars to clear the area for OBs and CAS and we did just that, in the midst of the night we managed to stealthily knock out the gatekeepers and slap C4s in each antenna we could find. We gathered in LZ1 outskirts hiding and digging in, "This is alpha, ready to detonante, drop the OB in 235,-14" I said over radio. " Copy that PFC Isemann OB in bound in 15" they answered back.

We were relieved, almost certain about our victory before I see a figure approaching Ron as fast as it could, "Watch out!" I exclaimed, to no avail. We were ambushed by at least six or eight CLF operatives and my friend Ron, who happened to be the one holding the detonator was lying dead on the floor. Me and the rest of my squad took cover behind anything we could find and the bullet exchange started, and even worse than that, the OB was gonna be launched in ETA 15 minutes and their AA radars were still up! We had no time to lose. I managed to leap over my barricade and throw a grenade to the CLF infront of me, having my mates covering my risky, insane assault. As expected the grenade prompted the enemy to tale cover, giving me enough time to sprint towards the detonator and press the button. Next thing I know a bullet goes right through my stomach, and everything goes blurry....

It's the next day and I'm on the almayer, splinted, and just woken up to see the entirety of my squad surrounding me, smiling at me and congratulating me all at once. I'm overwhelmed by this and clearly clueless, until my SL approaches me and says "Isemann! You are a tough rock, I didn't know if you were going to come out of this one or not. Any ways, you might not know this but your bravery saved the entirety of Alpha and thanks to you we managed to destroy the CLF's primary defences. The CO is busy right now in CIC but he asked me to give you this" the SL then handed me a medal for exceptional valor and a pin for my new rank, SGT. "You have been promoted by HC itself, and you'll be heading to sol as soon as you're ready for specialized training. Good luck marine" my SL finished. I still to this day remember the enormous joy I had that day, that moment.

After two years of fighting off the CLF as a Special Ops Marine I was transferred to the Sol system with a full scholarship for the officers program in the USCM Officers Academy. Two adfitional years were enough for me to graduate and land a job as the XO of the Almayer.

I got to see my fellow teammates again, and I learned about some who were not with us any more, but overall it was great to be back home at last. After a chat with the CO in chsrge of the ship, the veteran Bill Carson I learned that day was the day we were wiping the remnant CLFs off the planet. Apparently the last of them were holding under ground excavations and had no where to escape.

Both me and the CO deployed and moved CIC planetside to have a more direct approach to the most important operation of the last half a decade. The plan was easy: Alpha was supposed to be on the surface above excavations watching the exits, Bravo was drilling a way in through the south with the tank and delta and charlie were going to assault head on, led by me! Long story short, after the initial assault and a constant bombarding from the surface the CLF Commander gave his garrison up in exchange of guarantees to spare their lives and thus CLF presence control ended.

I proceeded to call the MP corp operatives to extracto the remnants of the clf who gave up when I hear a particular sound, the mate a of CO Carson going off. I shift my gaze towards him and to my horror, there on the fooor lied the CLF Commander, dead surrounded by grey matter and brain spatter. "Kill them all!" Exclaimed the CO, soon before a massacre fell upon the unsuspicious CLFs. I ran towards the command tent before he could see me and informe High Command of this. HC was well aware that if the USCM broke any more international laws, and even worse, war crime laws we'd lose a lot of �nter galactic allies and the order was ensued. " Terminate CO Carson"

I then proceeded to announces to all marines in the planet High Command's decision "It is true that the CLF are our enemies, but we fight for the better good. And the better good is not cemented by war crimes like those commited by the now ex-CO, It's deeply rooted in the law, in forgiveness, in humanism. If you have a tad of honor still in you, find CO Carson and bring him to justice! "

If you knew Carson back then as well as I did, you'd suspect he pulled one of his famous Carson maneuvers and disappeared, just like that, never to be found again.

From that day until today, I filled the empty spot the USS Almayer had and became its new Commanding Officer, leading my marines with a strict sense of honor, justice and correctness.
    Last edited by Loco52; 08-24-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure on this one. My view of a good commander is one that is professional to a fault, at least until shit hits the fan, but they should always be cool-headed. However, my view of a good commander does not necessarily mean that your character is unwelcome to the whitelist or even a bad one, so I'm going to remain neutral. Also, I've rarely ever seen you as a marine and I'm certain I can't remember a time where you were command staff. Perhaps we've just got different timezones, but who knows. And the way how you play your character as CO, it is heavily disliked to most of the marines or players since you mentioned that you are heavy tempered and with that kind of attitude, I don't believe that you'll still let the MP's handle things. Well at least you're being honest. Also, we don't need more COs who all the marines hate as soon as they walk out of cryo.

Anyway, keep rolling till this application resolve. God bless!
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 08-25-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I originally wrote a plus one, the characters a decent concept and your OOCly more than competent for the role.

But, the issue is, you haven't played XO or SO to a point where I recognise someone as an XO or SO player. At least not of recent. Going to leave this as neutral until I can see some in game Commanding.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right I have to be honest here... I read through your app and your answers to the BE and when to use it makes me think you will be a rather tyranical CO with a light finger on the Mateba.Wanting to reach perfection is ok but BE every single crew member to achieve it is not. I personnaly haven't seen you In game so i won't Outright -1 this and for now I'll have to stay neutral.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neutral until I see you play XO or SO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said I would use the MPs for everything except CIC.

Ps: arent all COs mateba finger happy? Im trying to do quite the opposite.

I'll play some command roles and show u guys CO isemann best CO??????

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you would execute SOs that don't know how to do their jobs properly, disregarding if they are learning the role or doing it on purpose, instead of using the MPs?
    Last edited by smov; 08-25-2019 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow such aggressivity. Much hate.

Regardless I'll grief and shoot you all with my yellow-name issued love railgun to sooth you.

Im just honest enough to tell y'all i'm going to use the BE, un like apps that go all "oh i'll reserve the BE for emergency matters" and proceed to BE marines for accidentally burning them with a zippo lighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    So you would execute SOs that don't know how to do their jobs properly, disregarding if they are learning the role or doing it on purpose, instead of using the MPs?
    It's clear especially to us mods when someone is new and when someone is outright being a dick. I would rather ahelp an SO that's clearly clueless rather than BEing or calling the MPs on him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friendly reminder that whitelist applications are not to outright insult players. If you have a legitimate reason and criticism to post something negative against a player getting a whitelist, that's fine. But acting like a 2 year old on a playground won�t be tolerated.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 08-26-2019 at 12:50 AM.