Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Brain Ideas for Marines and Xenos alike

Just gonna start this off with a couple of mine:

As a PFC, here is a cool gimmick:

Fake Spec:
    If SADAR or SNIPER spec dies (permanently), take a shotgun into your armor with a mag-harness, m37 stock, angled, and BC as your attachments. Bait the enemy to attack you or even suicide rush into you (especially if you're wielding the SADAR).
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's this command called "rest"

I think you should try it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest brain move. Call down an OB on yourselves. Benos can't kill you if you're already dead.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hyperzine and signal flare to initiate death from above suicide rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier Tips:

Put eggs under Xeno bodies, when people walk over towards them to try and pick them up, they're gonna get a cute surprise.

Sentinel Tips:

Don't fucking leave the hive or try to frontline, you are a shit caste that is only good to keep captures safe or evolving into vomit-spitter or Boiler

Runner Tips:
    Go behind a marine, while making sure you have Harm intent active and push them into the hive (You are still a shit caste that should be instead playing Defender though :^) )

Drone Tips:
    If you wanna frontline as Healer Drone, Pick up an egg and place it relatively close to the frontline, Stick close to a stun Caste (Ravager,Vomit-spitter,Praetorian) and charge in behind them with the hugger in hand. If the area is too hot, pull back and put the hugger back in his egg to reset his timer and rinse and repeat until you find something better to do

Crusher Tip:
    As a crusher, getting bodyblocked and with little hope to anything, try switching to green intent to bamboozle your enemies and make them want to BE the guy who had Green intent on (Very effective on Alphas and Charlies, Deltas don't change from Harm intent from the start of the game to the end)

Defender Tips:

If there's nothing short of a Flamer or SADAR near and you are Elder or even mature, use fortify and bash the barricades, Buckshot users will have to heal the burn and/or reload their remington before they can kill you. ALso headbutt goes through cades, use it on the guy trying to throw a grenade behind you

Ravager Tips:

DO NOT EVER BE THE FIRST ONE TO ENGAGE, but if you are, do not open up with your lunge and instead use it as an escape. SADAR and Turtles will be your death, Don't fuck with them unless the Crusher is currently the one fucking with them

Lurker Tips:

Don't try to board the Almayer... Just... just don't, it's a shit strategy. Also don't rely on your invisibility and use your pounce to jump across windows instantly or damage fences

Hivelord:

Don't put down resin doors as part of fortifications, 9/10 of the cases, it'd be better to put sticky resin down. When Marines start pushing in, leaving their backside open, try to wall them in so that when they come back they either have to go through a 1x1 tunnel a grunt lazily dug through to get to the frontline or are just plainly stuck slashing walls

Praetorian:

Royal Guard is the best strain, use vomit on marines, land 2 hits then hit them with your tail sweep, then apply slashes until they die or you are in trouble of dying yourself. AIM FOR THE HEAD FOR THE FASTEST KILL TIME

Boiler:

First to retreat, last to die. Railgun is shit even if they have Mega FOBs, go scatter if you wanna make the TC regret not taking Caustic armor. Don't vomit the tank, it does jackshit and is a waste of your only disengage (If you can call it that). Also don't try to frontline and no matter what any other Xeno says, use acid not neuro.

Burrower:

You can put random tunnels around in areas marines frequent to make them waste their C4. Additionally, you can put acid traps under marine bodies , since they are a 3x3 radius, most of the time, they will trip trying to drag the body, but try to not let them know your are nearby or make your traps be plainly Mr. Obvious

Queen:

A tactical withdrawal into an early de-ovi screech can be a very effective strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best ever play was seeing the marines weren't clearing the weeds, and running into the lambda podlock entrance tunnel as queen screamed and building 4 layers of thick resin walls before scream wore off, trapping ~ 15 marines inside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    SNIP
    Runner tips: Learn the secret art of never being still. Increase your perception to near zen levels. Make marines drown in salty tears as packs of you rush into any weak point, slaughter small armies, then disappear into the night. Die to buckshot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saytkl77 View Post
    my best ever play was seeing the marines weren't clearing the weeds, and running into the lambda podlock entrance tunnel as queen screamed and building 4 layers of thick resin walls before scream wore off, trapping ~ 15 marines inside.
    in the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asian_047 View Post
    There's this command called "rest"

I think you should try it out
    In pre-alpha times, when Nostromo was a thing, there used to be an emote called *deathgasp, which would write "X seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...". So combined with rest, you could fake your own death. Many times I escaped from the aliums by just lying on the ground and *deathgasp-ing. I think the emote was removed though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLoko View Post
    In pre-alpha times, when Nostromo was a thing, there used to be an emote called *deathgasp, which would write "X seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...". So combined with rest, you could fake your own death. Many times I escaped from the aliums by just lying on the ground and *deathgasp-ing. I think the emote was removed though.
    I think that's considered meta now or something. I remember a staff member saying you aren't allowed to do it.