Date of Incident
    August 25, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    MarpleJones

Accused Character Name
    Alasdair Ewings

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    About 4:00 PM

What rule(s) were broken:
    BE guidelines

Description of the incident:
    I was an MP during an LV round and was sent down to capture Oscar Kellogs for numerous reasons. I agreed and went planetside, stood in FOB and just waited until Oscar showed up. When he showed up, I ordered him to stop and he started running away so a persecution ensued. All marines around started to go crazy and push me and try to stop me from arresting the guy (normal marine behavior) and everyone was trying to jeopardize it. Anyways, I manage to down him and an SG tries to break him free, I grab him again and he runs, again, so after he pushes me down with help of the other squaddies he tosses away my cuffs and my flash.

I didn't even know the CO was down there by the time, so I just went to fetch my handcuffs and I see someone dragging my flasher. I grab the flasher (double click) and as I double click the flasher does it's flashing sound (i suppose it flashed someone?) so I retrieve it, retrieve my cuffs, try to go back to the ship to cuff a hurt Kellogs when suddenly.

I'm BE'd by the CO for "flashing him".

I believe this is the most trigger-happy BE i've seen in my life, as this person was clearly just looking for an excuse to shoot someone. He then went on over announcements about how I "jeopardized" the operation and put "everyone at risk" when I didn't accidentally shoot anyone and it was the marines who were trying to get in the middle during the persecution.

Let it be known that the CO was fully aware an MP was going to be sent planetside to capture kellogs because he has full access to the MP channel.

So this person esentially BEd me for trying to performan arrest.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    None

How you would punish the accused:
    I don't know, but i'm tired of COs that kill you for no absolute reason, and I'm also almost 100% certain the CO will say something around the lines of "oh but I BEd you because you flashed me" nonsense. I recommend the council to start enforcing your COs to follow BE guidelines in order for them to stop griefing people for dumb reasons.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was XO that round, to be honest we forgot we sent any MPs down there.

Anyway you were I believe near containers on LV when the aliens I think had 8,10 left so there might been concern you flashing at the frontlines would put them at risk for injury or death. No idea why you went that far out to catch him when MPs are not meant to deploy that far out into the battlefield expect in cases of extreme threat, aka threatening mutiny from a hiding base that is also near the front. I don't know if it is a full warranted BE but I am just adding what I know you were on the front, angering marines fighting the aliens and flashed the CO who was leading the men in battle and also fighting the aliens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in FOB though, by robotics I believe, Xeno were practically done for and CO matebaed me when coming back to the FOB not at fronts.

Edit: the farthest I reached was Hydro fort, when an alien was spotted I said over MP channel I needed to fall back and went to FOB. Waited for Kellogs there when he appeared and ran to robotics. Another secure fortified location.
    Last edited by Loco52; 08-26-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Whitelisted Predator MarpleJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm the one being reported here, I'll give feedback on how I saw things from my end. The round was already chaotic enough, with Command Consoles and such bugging out, and that didn't help the situation at hand.

The round was nearing its end and we were hunting the Xenomorph. As I was fighting on the frontlines, I can simply say that I didn't and couldn't notice any arrest orders given ship-side. Due to an attack on LZ, most of the men retreated to defend the area, including myself. That's where I took notice of you chasing down a marine. Now, it was a pretty chaotic sight; tazer shots were missed, you were disarming and flashing the marine fugitive, a Delta Smartgunner started dragging the accused away as you were cuffing him...
    As things got out of control, I repeatedly asked both you and the marine to cease and get on the ground. To my disgusting surprise, even as facing a superior, you, unlike the marine who was already on the ground didn't yield, even going as far as harm-battoning the armorless soldier into submission.
    You then suddenly got into a fit of rage; when I asked you "What his charges were?", you replied with "Screw this" and "You know what his charges are", after which you ran up to me with a flash and blinded me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    I didn't even know the CO was down there by the time, so I just went to fetch my handcuffs and I see someone dragging my flasher. I grab the flasher (double click) and as I double click the flasher does it's flashing sound (i suppose it flashed someone?) so I retrieve it, retrieve my cuffs, try to go back to the ship to cuff a hurt Kellogs when suddenly.
    I neither saw anyone throwing handcuffs or dragging a flasher, but considering that you weren't even the slightest bit cooperative in answering my questions in a calm matter, and the whole thing looking like an actual attack on me as the captain, I took the benefit of the doubt and Battlefield Executed you before risking things getting worse. And the whole "accidental flashing" thing seems incredibly dubious to me; picking things up and using them takes at least a couple of frames, and I was a good distance away from you to have clicked both me and the flasher in the same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    I don't know, but i'm tired of COs that kill you for no absolute reason, and I'm also almost 100% certain the CO will say something around the lines of "oh but I BEd you because you flashed me" nonsense. I recommend the council to start enforcing your COs to follow BE guidelines in order for them to stop griefing people for dumb reasons.
    I didn't Battlefield Execute you because you flashed me, I took the matter in hand because you acted like a threat to both me and the operation as a whole. And even if it was a clumsy misunderstanding, I didn't see it as one, especially not if I hear an MP ignoring all of my conceivably simple orders.

That is all. I am certain the logs will give a similar impression.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been digging through the logs, and I think we can all agree that the MP had permission planetside to do his duty, if council really wants the logs, I can go back, but I think the logs of the situation at hand are enough for them to make their determination

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was CMP during this round, the following information is going to be stated for context to the situation which occured after the BE, as I believe it to be important.

After learning that one of my MPs was BE'ed during the last moments of the operation (with 90% of the Xenos being KIA, the remaining being hunted down), I informed the CIC team and MP team I would be sending a fax to High Command and the Provost for permission to detain the Captain, and all MPs were to prepare for a blue-alert, with lethals and riot gas, as this was a priority case.

During this, we found out that the Captain had pardoned the wanted individual (who was a reoffender of major crimes) and the wanted individual was looting the BE'ed MP.

The XO in the CIC was told to elevate to a blue alert due to this Marine Law issue and he refused at first, and was eventually threatened with a possible arrest for insubordination if he did not comply, as this alert was related to marine law.

Meanwhile, the Captain appeared to have gained wind of the fax and the threat of arrest to the XO. As such, he announced that I was rogue and attempting a coup (or something to this effect) and that any true loyal MPs should detain me for sedition and insubordination, despite the orders being what I viewed as baseless, I knew that it had to be followed in marine law, and as a result of lack of evidence, I would be released within a ten minute time-frame, with more charges to stack against the unhinged captain and I would be immune from BEing while waiting for a response from the Provost/HC. The MPs detained me willingly, the XO came in as a neutral party and unfortunately the round ended before any actions could be taken by any other parties.

--------------------------------

Now for my personal opinion piece, I don't think this BE was at all ideal, BEing someone for doing an arrest in the FOB at the end of the operation is far different from BEing someone for threatening your command on the ship. I think this BE was misapplied and was more done out of likely OOC annoyance, than an IC reasoning of "My Command is being threatened" and I think thats apparent for most people, although this problem is not unqiue to this case and is a reoccuring whitelist issue. However said, I don't think this was done with malicious intent, perhaps more-so minor irritation.

However, the MP is not squeaky clean also, he was told to return to base (RTB) multiple times because I didn't feel comfortable having just one marine on the planet and he did not comply despite myself and SSGT Peter Watts reminding him of such. The reason I wished for the MP to return is because I wanted to redeploy a larger squad to prevent such an occurance as this happening.

My personal opinion is that the Captain is merely given a firm reminder that the BE is a last resort tool and executing something they are OOCly enforced to do is, in birdculture, what we call a dickmove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, Captain a lot of people were talking and doing logs, that's why I didnt notice your words. I never stated you know what the charges are but "fuck it, you all are retarded" to the marines around. And now logs confirm my suspicions, I never flashed you, the flash just AOE activated.

It was a very chaotic environment and I didnt notice your existence until you blasted me.

The persecuci�n of Oscar was long (and exciting, too, guy is pretty good) and truth be told while trying to catch someone you either read and write or go after him because in CM if you look away for half a second you lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To address the log:
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I've been digging through the logs, and I think we can all agree that the MP had permission planetside to do his duty, if council really wants the logs, I can go back, but I think the logs of the situation at hand are enough for them to make their determination.

[...]
    [13:25:39]SAY: Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann/Loco52 : You know what
    [13:25:40]SAY: Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann/Loco52 : Fuck it
    [13:25:40]SAY: Alasdair Ewings/MarpleJones : THE FECK HE DONE?
    [13:25:44]SAY: Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann/Loco52 : You all are retarded.
    [13:25:50]EMOTE: Alasdair Ewings/MarpleJones : CPT Alasdair Ewings stares.
    ----
    *This is where I remember being flashed after being run up to by the MP*
    ----
    [13:25:54]SAY: Alasdair Ewings/MarpleJones : MP, YE-
    [13:25:59]SAY: Alasdair Ewings/MarpleJones : FECKIN' WHAT
    [13:26:03]ATTACK: Alasdair Ewings (marplejones) shot Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann (loco52) with a high-impact revolver bullet in the Northwest Jungle (JMP) (PM)
    [13:26:03]ATTACK: Alasdair Ewings (marplejones) shot Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann (loco52) with a high-impact revolver bullet in the Northwest Jungle (JMP) (PM)
    [13:26:06]EMOTE: Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann/Loco52 : SSGT Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann screams!
    [13:26:06]ATTACK: Alasdair Ewings (marplejones) shot Unknown (as Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann) (loco52) with a high-impact revolver bullet in the Northwest Jungle (JMP) (PM)
    [13:26:10]SAY: Alasdair Ewings/MarpleJones : PIECE OF SHIT!
    [13:26:17]SAY: Alasdair Ewings/MarpleJones : YE DON'T FLASH YER FECKIN' CAPTAIN!
    First of all, I am certain that I was flashed by someone during all of this, considering that it was the final reason as to why the Battlefield Execution happened. And since it was the MP who ran towards me, I am still assuming that it was him to have done so. I also sincerely believe that I have also asked him on what basis he attempted to arrest the MP before [13:25:40], and as such, I misunderstood his outbreak at [13:25:39] "You know what" as a snarky answer to my question. I also remember something along the lines of "Screw this" coming from him, to which I can only connect his charge at me with the flash, but I am not certain. In fact, the log makes me believe that this was a gigantic misunderstanding.

To address the things happening after the round:
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    After learning that one of my MPs was BE'ed during the last moments of the operation (with 90% of the Xenos being KIA, the remaining being hunted down), I informed the CIC team and MP team I would be sending a fax to High Command and the Provost for permission to detain the Captain, and all MPs were to prepare for a blue-alert, with lethals and riot gas, as this was a priority case.

During this, we found out that the Captain had pardoned the wanted individual (who was an offender of major crimes) and the wanted individual was looting the BE'ed MP.
    [...]
    Nearing the end of the operation, I had completely missed out on the fact that you had sent a fax at all as I had re-engaged into battle, and later misunderstood it as an action taken unlawfully on your own. On my end, I had absolutely no information on the offendor, as I most likely missed out on information given by the Military Police during my deployed assault, and received no answers from Officer Isemann either upon inquiry. In retrospect, I should've additionally asked and made things clear in the military channel, and that is a mistake on my part, but as things were, I saw wrapping the operation up and engaging the enemy as more-so important, and as such I couldn't explain myself properly.

Meanwhile, the Captain appeared to have gained wind of the fax and the threat of arrest to the XO. As such, he announced that I was rogue and attempting a coup (or something to this effect) and that any true loyal MPs should detain me for sedition and insubordination, despite the orders being what I viewed as baseless, I knew that it had to be followed in marine law, and as a result of lack of evidence, I would be released within a ten minute time-frame, with more charges to stack against the unhinged captain and I would be immune from BEing while waiting for a response from the Provost/HC. The MPs detained me willingly, the XO came in as a neutral party and unfortunately the round ended before any actions could be taken by any other parties.
    [...]
    In my defence, I'd like to state that I didn't get wind of a fax, but wind of my Commander being arrested. As I said, I had completely missed out on the fact that a fax was already sent out, or answered as such; I have only heard of a threat, which I didn't take serious, as I saw my actions as lawful. In effect to that, I assumed the worst, and in an attempt to get things under control declared the CMP as rogue as soon as I heard the chatter about him ordering an arrest of the Commander for my deeds. I am certain that the situation at hand developed as such because I didn't explain myself properly to the CMP, prioritizing the operation and avoiding a xenomorph comback, and that was a mistake on my end.

Now for my personal opinion piece, I don't think this BE was at all ideal, BEing someone for doing an arrest in the FOB at the end of the operation is far different from BEing someone for threatening your command on the ship. I think this BE was misapplied and was more done out of likely OOC annoyance, than an IC reasoning of "My Command is being threatened" and I think thats apparent for most people, although this problem is not unqiue to this case and is a reoccuring whitelist issue. However said, I don't think this was done with malicious intent, perhaps more-so minor irritation.
    Considering the log, and how things were seen from your part as the CMP, I will have to agree that the Battlefield Execution was not the cleanest. The match was incredibly chaotic for various reasons, and I had perhaps evaluated the situation falsely. However, in absolutely no way was this an act of "OOC annoyance"; I had already stated my side of the story, and I keep to believe it as I saw it during that time. Reconsidering everything, I can completely see myself being in the wrong from an objective standpoint.

If everything was truly my mistake, I take full penance for it. However, that's how I remember things to have happened. It sincerely is in my best intention to not make the round worse for any involved, and I didn't believe to have done so during that round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco52 View Post
    Huh, Captain a lot of people were talking and doing logs, that's why I didnt notice your words. I never stated you know what the charges are but "fuck it, you all are retarded" to the marines around. And now logs confirm my suspicions, I never flashed you, the flash just AOE activated.

It was a very chaotic environment and I didnt notice your existence until you blasted me.

The persecuci�n of Oscar was long (and exciting, too, guy is pretty good) and truth be told while trying to catch someone you either read and write or go after him because in CM if you look away for half a second you lose.
    Then that must explain it. God, that was not the finest thing I've done. I'm terribly sorry, in that sense.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AOE flash will not show up on logs btw
    Only direct flash attack.