Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tonk

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Im not arguing anything about xenos. Just think its funny that you think marines aren't fantasy too. People don't come back very often from the dead. These are people that drown or choke or something like that. Not people that have their guts hanging out of their stomach from getting slashed by an alien with a sword arm or getting shot in the head by an anti tank sniper rifle. Argue all you want but medicine in CM is totally fantasy. Pills don't do shit to heal your body in 5 minutes whether its now or 500 years in the future.
    Time can't be any factor in fairly fast paced video game. You can't get shoot in the leg in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and then lie several months to recover in Skadovs, or walk with splint for the rest of the game. Still, I find it easier to belive to brought back a marine from death, than create things out of thin air. Do you?

Benos don't even have organs and they are not slowet down by constant barrage of bullets. Marines in comparsion are Arma level gig vs two 5 year old's playing with Aliens (TM) toys.
    Last edited by CABAL; 08-28-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Time can't be any factor in fairly fast paced video game. You can't get shoot in the leg in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and then lie several months to recover in Skadovs, or walk with splint for the rest of the game. Still, I find it easier to belive to brought back a marine from death, than create things out of thin air. Do you?
    im not gonna fall for your moving the goal posts like everyone else to try to get them to compare whos more unrealistic. Im gonna keep saying it over and over until you admit it. Marine medicine is unrealistic and fantastical. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone that was lit on fire by napalm for 5 minutes. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone that took a direct RPG to the face. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone who got run over by the treads of a 60 ton tank. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone who got their limbs cut off by a giant alien and bled to death. You will never beable to win this argument but I want to see you keep trying and digging yourself deeper. I know you will never acquiesce and its pretty funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this particular gameplay mechanic makes no sense! i can't believe it!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    im not gonna fall for your moving the goal posts like everyone else to try to get them to compare whos more unrealistic. Im gonna keep saying it over and over until you admit it. Marine medicine is unrealistic and fantastical. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone that was lit on fire by napalm for 5 minutes. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone that took a direct RPG to the face. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone who got run over by the treads of a 60 ton tank. No amount of time allows a pill to heal someone who got their limbs cut off by a giant alien and bled to death. You will never beable to win this argument but I want to see you keep trying and digging yourself deeper. I know you will never acquiesce and its pretty funny.
    Hard benomain to crack that uses logic and doesn't fall into Brain Benomainism Syndrome. This is something I can respect.

Indeed, no medicine in form of a chem in pill, or in patch, or in gel will heal severe napalm burn. No pill based on chemical will heal someone who took (cheap knockoff without real power of RPG) to the face. No amount of time will let to heal crushes made by (6 to 22 tons as modern light tanks weight), no amount of time will allow a purerly chem pill to regrow a limb.

However: Medics don't just throw pills at you, they also use Advanced Burn and Brute Medical Kits. Future medical stuff. Synthetic skin, bioglue etc. No, I'm not saying that it would be perfectly fine to implant synthetic skin on the battlefield, but the base is grounded in concept of scientific possibility and a bit of a stretch of a logic and believability.

It's easier to belive modern science can make you stop aging than it is to belive that there is an animal that have godly power of creating solid material things out of the void.

Again, for other slow benomains out there: I agree with MasterShakeEZ, CM medicine is unrealistic, but I argue that it's more belivelable than basically anything benos have.

However whole argument is pointless, it's not a dispute about balance, or about rules, it's a nerdy fight of hard-on marine main with hard-on Severe Brain Benomainism Symptom benomain about which imaginary faction is more imaginary than the other. This only proves the fact that whole 60 - 40 winrate aim is (and was) unhealthy for the community, spoiling one group, salting another.
    All somebody (myself included) could pick from those worthless posts would be a nice micro-scale of today's society and fight for Equality, where group "oppressed" fight for itself so much, it looses goals it had at the beginning, changing into side it swore to fight and never be like them.
    Last edited by CABAL; 08-28-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    snip
    I accept your surrender. I move to increase the win rate to 90-10 xeno because CABAL has been proven wrong and thus everything hes ever said is obviously false. Thus 50-50 is a bad idea and the current 70-30 or whatever isn't enough because we need to do the opposite of what CABAL said.

im just joking

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastershakeez View Post
    i accept your surrender. I move to increase the win rate to 90-10 xeno because cabal has been proven wrong and thus everything hes ever said is obviously false. Thus 50-50 is a bad idea and the current 70-30 or whatever isn't enough because we need to do the opposite of what cabal said.

Im just joking
    Don't give staff the ideas! Our directives must be reassessed!