July 17, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Larva
    Their BYOND Key
    Sargash
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    I don't know
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Kind of tricky, the person who applied the note was not able to investigate as I logged off soon after the incident happened
    Description of the incident
    The note states: Died on the frontlines as larva, logged, escalated to a ban via recent note history
    Evidence
    I didn't even know this ban or note existed until a few minutes ago. I don't really have anything else to offer but my word and my xeno playtime. I've put in a ton of hours as xeno and the only time I can recall ever being near the frontline as a larva was when I burst out of various marines on the frontline. In fact I once got bwoinked for dying on the frontline long before this because I burst out of a marine on the cades. I know how detrimental wasting a xeno life can be and I have never intentionally put a larva in danger or suicided as a xeno unless I was instructed to by the Queen Mother. In this specific instance I must have burst out of a marine on the frontlines, got blasted, then logged cause of the fact that I died or for some other reason.

I only want to get this note removed because I have seen the length of note pages being used as evidence to uphold a ban, even in this note my note history is used to form the punishment.
    How you would punish the accused
    No punishment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally we don't remove notes unless the staff member was just, wrong.

In this case I have no memory of this specific incident. I usually look for bursted bodies nearby, and try to look at the age. If it's bloody? Probably fresh burst. I don't think I've ever noted a bloody larva. I can say that this PROBABLY won't have much of an affect, but I'd say that's it's just been too long of a time to be able to remove the note, even if you are telling the truth.

I don't really think I've an issue with the removal of the note personally just. Ya. It's been awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not faulting you at all for not remembering the details of a minor event that happened over a month ago, I doubt anybody would be able to. But I am concerned that I am completely unable to contest this both because there is no concrete evidence available from either side and because it is so long after the date of the incident.

I don't have any sort of evidence that I can provide other than the knowledge I have that I wouldn't purposefully get myself killed as a larva. I don't know how detailed or how far back the round logs are kept but I doubt it would provide direct evidence that showed I was innocent or guilty in the matter. As for the length of time between the incident and this appeal, I literally only learned about this today after asking for a copy of my notes after I did something ridiculously dumb during a round. Because this was a timed ban and because it was likely only handled by Sargash I had no way of being informed of it until I received a copy of my notes.

Again I am concerned about this note because I have seen not only the content of previous notes used in rulings but also the amount of notes a player has. The previous notes on my account were used in this specific instance to upgrade the punishment from a note/warning to a timed ban. I have a few notes on my account that are valid and deserved but there are a few that I really have to wonder if they are literally noteworthy. I'd like to be able to contest this note because it is like the only one I am able to absolutely know that I did not do on purpose. I do understand that the circumstances and evidence surrounding this note are very shaky and are based on memory and the honesty of a player and I would fully understand if the note is unable to be removed, I'd just like a dialogue and the opportunity to contest it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs of the incident in question:

Spoiler Spoiler:

These are the only logs I could recover on the day in question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure how to decipher the logs but it looks like I joined the server and spawned as a larva, then after 4 seconds I left the server. Then over 4 minutes after I left the server the larva was still killed in an explosion and three minutes after that Sargash investigated. I don't know how accurate my interpretation of the logs is but I think the 4 minute gap from me logging out of the server to the first instance of damage is enough to clear me of responsibility for the death of the larva on the frontlines. Probably should have ghosted to allow someone to take the larva quicker but I don't think my 4 seconds in the server was long enough to understand that the location I was at was going to be attacked within the next 5 minutes. Thank you for digging through the logs to find this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after looking at the logs, I don't see any wrong doing on Sargash's part.
    Just going to say as long as a decent amount of time has passed, a note won't be held against you, unless you have a really bad history of similar behavior.

If you did something wrong as a xeno three months from now, this should not be considered.

Resolved