User Tag List

Thread: RMAGNUM - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RMAGNUM - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    RealMAGNUM
    Character Name?
    Hailey Yorsh
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Tank Crewman
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unknown
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Indefinite
    What other servers do you play on?
    I currently only play IS12 and baystation, as well as CM.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I have been previously banned only on citadel.
    Reason for Ban
    "Banned from Tank Crewman - Drove tank straight into alien hive, blamed the tank gunner when they died. Repeated issues as tank driver"
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    The events that happened that round go as such: After a lateish deploy to Ice colony from the CO on LZ2, we finally dismount the Normandy to wait in front of the locked down doors for a long while, which felt something like 10-15 minutes. When it finally opened, my gunner was active, and we headed out to the dorm elevator, which someone on command was ordering reinforcements to. Upon arriving, my gunner didn't fire a single shot at the 3 enemies we encountered, and they were in the driver's blind spots, forcing my retreat to the LZ. This took roughly another 5-10 minutes until my gunner came back, and said that their internet died in looc. Assuming this was the end if it, I moved to the next point, where I heard over squad comms that they were losing many marines south of underground cargo, and I drove us over there. We pushed the xenos back a fair amount, and had bravo marines right behind us as we moved towards the science area and cave entrances. as we turned west, we encountered a carrier, drone, and some other weaker classes, which I rammed and the gunner flamed to death. At this point we had 85% armor and we were inside of the "alien hive" as the admin described it, even though it was just a secure nesting area with a few support xenos running about. While turning the gunner to shoot at the hivelord behind us, a queen came from north maint/caves (that wasn't in the "hive", nor was an ovi husk) while the hivelord spammed out so many walls that we couldn't dedicate to shooting the walls while tanking the runner, drone, and queen that were now behind us. Our flanks were clear, and we were backed in a *very* safe 3x4, where the gunner could clearly fire straight ahead into the queen and kill/scare them off so we could continue shooting the hivelord walls behind us, and return to the cut off marines. Instead, the gunner either didn't care, or didn't know, and just shot a few minigun bullets before switching to flamer and trying to burn the fireproof queen. Realizing that we weren't going to get anywhere if the gunner wasn't going to fire the minigun, I started backing up into the already partially damaged, and not fully blocking hivelord walls, smashing down 2 lines and lowering us roughly 15%, while the queen had taken our armor down ~30%. The gunner wasn't revving the minigun, and only tapped at the fully exposed and committing queen that was slashing us to bits. I decided to at least save us from capture as our armor was just about lost, and backwards rammed until we had blocked off the flanks from the opening at our sides. When the tank broke, there were many xenos waiting for us, and I shot one drone with a shotgun PB, then when I shot at him again, my gunner moved off the tile we were both standing on, and got shot, then my gunner welderbombed us both to avoid capture. The situation was undesirable, but it shouldn't have been deadly if the gunner had fired the minigun properly. Given that they were having connection issues, its entirely possible they crashed during the fight, but I saw them say nothing about that during, or after the queen fight.

While dead for 15 minutes or so, I revived no adminPMs from anyone regarding the incident. The next round, and the round after, I was able to roll for TC, and even change the setting off of high to roll for SG, which I got. The round *after* the SG roll, is when I saw that Tank Crewman was unavailable, which is when I ahelped about it, and got this response: https://imgur.com/a/qAXKpPt Before round chatter is why the initial response is separate from the rest of the conversation.

The ban note does not have any mention of me logging off before being able to question me about it, and since it's a role ban he couldn't find the name of who applied it. I'm aware a staff report was optional, but I'd rather just have it removed than try and get on anyone's case about it, as much of a mistake as it may be, and not having a name to place it against, nor any admin PMs to go off of, seems like it wouldn't end up anywhere.

In regard to previous notes that this ban regarded as issues: Running the person over that was "afk" was standing in front of a plasteel cade and there was no one else to move the person out of the way, and we had a very low armor percentage. This gave the person internal damage that I was unaware of until an admin told me, and noted me for.

I cant remember the situation where I had run over many people as it says, but I assume it must have been urgent, as its not something I do intentionally unless the tank is near broken.

Again, the banning admin did not PM me at all, for the ~10-15 minutes before I logged off, and didn't include anything in the note saying I logged out before he had a chance to PM me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is assigned to me, and we're going to look into it and discuss it. However:

Spoiler Spoiler:

You logged out before the moderator could talk to you.

However I found your gunner after the fact did report you via ahelp for you being toxic to them

Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 08-28-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RMAGNUM

While investigating this, I've found some very troubling logs.

Could you please explain this?

[19:47:00]SAY: Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones/XXXX : You told me to gun
    [19:47:21]SAY: Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones/XXXX : How would you know
    [19:47:38]SAY: Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones/XXXX : Still here stuck
    [19:47:56]ATTACK: Hailey Yorsh (realmagnum) shot Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones () with an additional buckshot in the Theta-V Research Laboratory (JMP) (PM)
    [19:47:56]ATTACK: Hailey Yorsh (realmagnum) shot Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones () with an additional buckshot in the Theta-V Research Laboratory (JMP) (PM)
    [19:47:56]EMOTE: Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones/ : SFC Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones screams!
    [19:47:56]EMOTE: Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones/ : SFC Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones screams!
    19:47:57]GAME: /(Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones) triggered a fueltank explosion.
    [19:47:57]ATTACK: Hailey Yorsh (realmagnum) shot Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones () with a bright shrapnel in the Theta-V Research Laboratory (JMP) (PM)
    [19:47:57]ATTACK: Hailey Yorsh (realmagnum) shot Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones () with a bright shrapnel in the Theta-V Research Laboratory (JMP) (PM)
    [19:47:57]ATTACK: Mob Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones () harmed by explosion in Theta-V Research Laboratory at (31,73,1)
    [19:47:57]EMOTE: Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones/ : SFC Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones screams!
    [19:47:57]ATTACK: The reinforced wall shot Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones () with a the bright shrapnel (JMP)
    [19:47:57]ATTACK: The reinforced wall shot Leo 'Bloody Angel' Jones () with a the bright shrapnel (JMP)

Was this xeno combat or something?
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 08-28-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned the last bit in my first post where I accidentally shot them, and they welder bombed when the walls were acid'd down and we were both stuck on the same tile (I think). "When the tank broke, there were many xenos waiting for us, and I shot one drone with a shotgun PB, then when I shot at him again, my gunner moved off the tile we were both standing on, and got shot, then my gunner welderbombed us both to avoid capture." This is what I remember happening from the whole mess of the moment, where there were many xenos waiting for the wall to be burned down, and my current goal was to only kill the t1-t2 xenos about to get in from the 1x2 hole. I don't know if shooting while on the same tile as someone will hit them, or if they got in front of me before bombing, but the welder bomb killed us both. It all happened very quickly, but I didn't intentionally shoot them.

Are you saying I was ahelped after, or during the round? Or just much later, after I had left?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was after.

However we've talked about this, and we investigated it.

We believe you shouldn't been job-banned for this, and that you did nothing wrong.

I will be removing your job-ban, and having a manager remove the note.

However, I suggest you tread (no pun intended) lightly in the future as a TC, cause any more negative or bad behavior as a TC will result in a job ban.

Resolved.