Date of Incident
    August 25, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Alicia Parker

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Awesomesauce5945933 or whatever

Accused Character Name
    not a clue

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    21:20 CT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Honour code

Description of the incident:
    I was going around dropping aliens with claymores on LV when I bumped into an uncloaked pred standing around doing basically fuck all west of Nexus. I stared at him and said something like "uhhh", because it was my first contact with one that round and I don't make a habit of lighting them up until they take hostile action.

He painted me with his plasma caster on aim mode, so I stood there and said some more bullshit. While this was happening (it wasn't long), a runner scooted off to the west past sci dome, but it didn't come to mess with us. I dunno if it was already hurt or if it saw the pred and stayed away or if it was just shit scared in general.

Anyway once the predator finally walked off, he went past me and went west in front of me. I went after the alien and not long after I saw the pred standing around again doing what looked like nothing, so I poked my head around the edge of a bush near sci dome and fired a slug at him -- partially because he aimed a fucking gun at me unprovoked and partially because I'd like his ass gone from my killzone.

The pred literally instantly returns fire with his heavy plasma caster, whacks me into crit with a near miss, then swoops down, drags me further west and decaps me (slowly, because marines kept almost interrupting him)

There was another predator there whose name and CKEY don't know at all, but I saw them saying some shit on the level of "is that really necessary" or something. I'll be honest, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to it, but I remember noticing it and it's relevant because presumably the other predator actually knows what the honour code is. I don't actually know where it is or where to find it and the two pred players I asked on Discord didn't send it my way either, but I am banking on there being some measure of clemency either within the letter or the spirit of the rules regarding not deploying an instantaneous HPC > permakill for having a shotgun slug fly in your direction. If firing a single shot at a predator -- the most armoured and tanky mob in the game to my knowledge -- is actually enough grounds to make you fully and 100% valid to being outright murdered and, on top of that, decapped just out of spite, then consider this a complaint against the honour code as well. All I can say is that in 2 years of playing here I haven't seen a pred go so ham outside a bad blood round (don't bring those back btw they are really shit)

Basically, I take issue with my round being permanently ended by a predator just because he can, for the crime of firing a slug at a by-now demonstrably hostile target in an active warzone. I have no idea what kind of roleplay predators are meant to promote (rage cages to 1v1 the CO lmao), but when this dickwad feels justified in clapping me, a single and lone marine, with a HPC into immediate decap I feel like this is a pretty massive overescalation. I have never seen a pred go to such lengths to end someone's round on short notice before, and if I had any clue at all who this guy was and/or thought he knew who I was at all I'd just assume he had some kind of OOC dislike for me already. That would, to me, actually be more excusable than the idea that this guy feels wholly justified in permakilling people at like the 40 minute mark and then forcing me to write another 15 after being given the ring around because being a whitelisted role means you're immune to being ahelped on the spot.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I don't record my rounds like Dinkle so I'm relying on the logs to back me up

How you would punish the accused:
    Dewhitelisting because anything else is basically a non-punishment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honour Code is inside announcements and info.

My Ckey is Awesomesauce935, my Predator name is Krogur Du'Hara, and i play Garviel Rozencruze in human roles.

I was responding to an Ahelp at the time so i got a bit of a shock when my screen shook about from damage, the shotgun slug is very disorienting for predators. My response was perhaps a bit over the top given it was a lone marine however, you are right, it would have been better to have killed you in melee.

The other predator arrived and was concerned at my use of plasma weapons against the marines attempting to recover you, not knowing that you were initially classed as unworthy prey, and therefore the "defending others" didn't apply to the marines i was later fighting.

Aside from thinking your profile picture was pretty cool on discord i don't think I've ever interacted with you or with Alicia in-game.

Long and short, i didn't break anything in the honour code, but it wasn't very fun for you and i apologise for ending it so early. You chose to attack me after having something akin to this point a triple laser-sighted shoulder-mounted auto-tracking gun at you though, i had thought that'd be warning enough that bad things would happen.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While looking at the honour code I'd honestly agree that it's not technically a violation given that I "engaged" you, I am still really surprised that this is the first time in two years a predator has ever had such a massive hard-on for taking me out of the round completely.

I won't say I refuse the apology, but it rings hollow, especially considering your last sentence. In case you hadn't noticed, the aliens marines fight are just as spooky as your average predator. Your lack of empathy at the time and half-hearted apology is something that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth -- frankly, the idea that any player could send a bullet your way (or actually any predator having a bad enough day) and get fucked up to the point of no return seems more like a safety net for predators to avoid being ganked when they're being slammed hard, not a justification to slamfuck any marine who fires in your general direction into deadchat without a second thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Jackson 'Stiggs' Hopper here! I believe I was the other Engineer in Delta this round. Parker had gone off to set up claymores while I was In Hydro fortifying the place. All of a sudden, our SO announces that our Engineer is being attacked. Then maybe a minute later everyone panics on comms saying Alicia had been deccapped by a cloaker, which seemed off since it was still so early into the round. Even with marines going after them, I've never seen a Pred perma kill a marine just minutes after marines reach planetside, this really fucked things over at Hydro since for a while I was the only Engineer there (in which I was constantly losing connection). I understand this isn't completely helpful, but it just feels weird for this to happen so incredibly early, and almost like the pred jumped the gun too soon, especially with my encounters with preds much later in the same round, they were fairly passive.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be looking into this more with the pred council, and when some logs show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    Such a massive hard-on for taking me out of the round completely.

I won't say I refuse the apology, but it rings hollow, especially considering your last sentence.
    I was also just finishing up healing at the time, as i'd just come out of an engagement with two smartgunners when you encountered me the first time, and was looking to get back to hunting Natalie after i tidied up the Ahelp.

You'd almost certainly have been sent to Dchat anyway given that you were alone and had a slug shotgun, which dosen't do much damage to preds, it's about 5-10 brute and a screenshake.

Considering the circumstances it was for sure an over-application of force, but i can't change my choice now. I generally try to make fights fair and fun for people who will co-operate and RP, and you have to understand that from my perspective the Delta that was away from her squad and was already visually warned, just walked up and shot me without a word.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Alright so the logs pretty much confirm everyones testimony.

The council discussed this, and well I'm just going to cut to the chase.
    Omi you pretty much said this best:

[21:31:58]SAY: Ghost/Omicega : whoever this predator is he's a bona fide grade A cunt
    [21:32:05]SAY: Ghost/Omicega : even if i find out he's within code

What he did was not against the honorcode, this is one of those situations where someone is legally right, but morally wrong. Is it "cunty" "scummy" "jerky" "mean" "rude" to decap a single marine for shooting at a pred not hunting them and being marked unworthy. Short answer: Yes, but is it against the rules, no it's not.

That being said, the honor code unworthy protection is for the purpose of predators who want to RP with xenos or marines and not have to worry about SGT IMAMARINE trying to gib you with a rocket launcher off screen, PFC shithead trying to grenade you, or Lurker SC-900-UM trying to pounce you.

the HPC is intended to assist in gear recovery, group combat, and is generally frowned upon for 1 on 1 unworthy situations unless it's a xeno who thinks they're funny pouncing you and trying to run away.

Usually in these situations these could be turned into a 1v1 hunt, but I think the morally right thing to do would have been use a LPC to stun and run away.

That being said, the council will be making an annoucement to predators to chill out with HPCs in the next coming days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I am happy enough with the council's verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomesauce935 View Post
    I generally try to make fights fair and fun for people who will co-operate and RP
    I am not sure what you consider as predator-marine roleplay -- maybe the current rage cage bullshit that everyone thinks is the epitome of such right now -- but I would say showing any sort of curiosity at all on first contact is about the most realistic thing you can expect from anyone not metaing the hell out of wanting to duel you.

Your general evasiveness and unwillingness to admit fault unless pushed towards it is noted and I hope to encounter you as little as possible in future.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I witnessed the entire scenario while observing. The predator was extremely low after barely escaping a squad of marines, I believe it was Alpha squad or something.

He then came upon Alicia Parker by West Nexus near the road. I remember thinking to myself, 'wow, I'm surprised Parker didn't immediately blast them'. They later end up near robotics, and Parker fired a slug, in which they immediately got HPC'd and stabbed to death on the ground.

There was another marine who was trying to save Parker, I believe it was Horowitz. They ended up getting LPC'd and stabbed, and had to retreat to Hydro due to a Runner attacking them - and the Engineer there did literally nothing to help. Afterwards, the Predator decapped Parker's corpse and left. In my opinion, there was no need to decapitate Parker, especially since she was already long dead and was trying to be recovered by Horowitz, but Parker did attack first - so technically, he didn't break any rules. But going the extra distance with the decap was a bit much.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been resolved.

Predators as a whole have been informed to cool it with the HPC.