User Tag List

Thread: Worse and Best Map for Xenos

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worse and Best Map for Xenos

From Worse to Best which you think it is?

LV: The main issue is short supply lines means the marines can literally cade there was to the caves. Otherwise the open nature on the beach is usually hell for aliens to fight on.

Big Red: Main issue is breaking the LZ. That it more or less.

Trijent: Best xeno map expect for how easy it can be to bring the tank into the labs.

Ice: If marines land on LZ1 and marines are literally the worse collection of baldies you could find they are dead. Otherwise good CAS, mortar, and tank can easily fight the xenos and then some. Forever

Prison: LZ1 is just Stalingrad

My list worse to best for xenos:

Ice if LZ1
    LV
    Prison
    Ice if LZ2 or stupid marines
    Big Red
    Trijent

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even benomains can't point out when they have insane adventage:

ICE: Benos can't basically lose, huge map, two Z-levels, thight corridors and snow that slows marines down. Tank is a problem for you? Don't be scared, go delaylien underground, tank needs to go back to Almayer, then to Normandy then deploy to be underground. What benos need to relocate the hive above ground? Click the ladder. Marines after bar are basically screwed, no help will come. And they all like to rush that 2 tile ICE cave hallway to excavation and (of course) die.
    Severe Brain Benomainism Syndrome required to consider this map as "bad" for benos.

Big Red: If you are assaulting FoB, you basically already won Planetside as beno, all robustos are sleeping with space carps.

LV: Big Caves, big map, vines, fucked up Survs, Water that extinguish benos (making flamer basically useless if tank/flamers fight benos just north from Hydro, because benos don't suffer any penalties from being on fire besides damage).

Prison is probably the worst map for benos, as they can't escape, or make their hive anywhere besides civ residence. This means that if marines controll two small hallways leading there, they have the upper hand. But by the "worst" map I don't mean that benos lose here more, it's more like finally 50 - 50 in winrate, because robust CQC players and flamers are more effective, while tank is less susceptible to runners.

Trijent: I think I don't have to comment. Let it stand as a great example of beno biased bad map design.

From the least beno biased to the most in my Marine Main opinion:
    Is there a reason to not vote Prison?
    Big Bread
    LV
    Not nICE
    Trijent Scam
    Last edited by CABAL; 08-27-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice is 100% on marines losing when it LZ1, just megafob till QM force xenos to die then do the real attack via lz2 or be the hero the game deserves and drop lz2. Lz2 is for COs that like going hard and fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV is easy for marines as they can just retreat with 100 marines and tank once xenos start harrasing nexus and get an easy win that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best map: Ice

The ladders are all choke points that can be easily guarded. Intel is spread between upper and lower slowing marine defcon gains. Marines don't like organized pushes into other z levels because they can't flee easily like the cowards they are.

Worst map: LV

Very open and long. Hive is usually in caves so intel officers can easily reach defcon 2 by the 1 hour 30 minute mark. Also because there is no unpredictability in the location of the hive marines just rush it as soon as fog has falls (or if the bridge is fogless). If things get difficult marines just evac to nexus and if even so much as a single runner taps a cade they retreat to Almayer for that easy victory.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if megafob ice is xenos worse map by far and its not even close. If not megafob ice then PRISON with metarush is the worst map for xenos. Best map is trijent cause it plays to xenos advantage of speed and sneakiness. (I hate trijent just the best if you are talking about winning)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best: Toss up between ice and trijent really.

Worst: Prison. Prison is the worst map in general and i find it suffering to play as, both as marine and xeno.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone loses on ice colony, even if you win
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Even benomains can't point out when they have insane adventage:

ICE: Benos can't basically lose, huge map, two Z-levels, thight corridors and snow that slows marines down. Tank is a problem for you? Don't be scared, go delaylien underground, tank needs to go back to Almayer, then to Normandy then deploy to be underground. What benos need to relocate the hive above ground? Click the ladder. Marines after bar are basically screwed, no help will come. And they all like to rush that 2 tile ICE cave hallway to excavation and (of course) die.
    Severe Brain Benomainism Syndrome required to consider this map as "bad" for benos.

Big Red: If you are assaulting FoB, you basically already won Planetside as beno, all robustos are sleeping with space carps.

LV: Big Caves, big map, vines, fucked up Survs, Water that extinguish benos (making flamer basically useless if tank/flamers fight benos just north from Hydro, because benos don't suffer any penalties from being on fire besides damage).

Prison is probably the worst map for benos, as they can't escape, or make their hive anywhere besides civ residence. This means that if marines controll two small hallways leading there, they have the upper hand. But by the "worst" map I don't mean that benos lose here more, it's more like finally 50 - 50 in winrate, because robust CQC players and flamers are more effective, while tank is less susceptible to runners.

Trijent: I think I don't have to comment. Let it stand as a great example of beno biased bad map design.

From the least beno biased to the most in my Marine Main opinion:
    Is there a reason to not vote Prison?
    Big Bread
    LV
    Not nICE
    Trijent Scam
    Prison is always hit or miss, it's up to whichever side takes the initiative first to win. Most metarushes can be stopped with a hivelord or crusher.