User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The State of the Game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Man I sure like being killed by Boiler Wider Gas despite being behind barricades because wider gas goes past cades; a off screen kill.

Man I sure do love being screeched and killed by a horde of T3's without being able to do anything; a onscreen kill that is only countered by SADAR.

Your point of being killed by bullshit abilities means nothing when Xenos have bullshit abilities they can spam which kills or deters marines reliably, and can be constantly spammed with only a cool down, whereas Marines have HIGH COOLDOWN ordinance that ALSO is LIMITED yet it can barely do SHIT ALL. OB Incendiary is the only good thing SL's can ask for, whereas CAS is only good at spamming at a choke via GAUSS to scare xenos and thats about it. And because of how limited it is (can't use in Caves or Buildings, the two areas we fight THE MOST) its essentially useless.

Mortar is the middle ground for this but there is so little ammo for it and its so expensive to replace the ammo, that Mortar cannot be reliably used.
    If you know me, you know I also always say that queen screech needs to be seriously toned down, or outright removed. And that boiler gas in its current state is a bloody joke to balance due to how big it can get fast. Boilers esentially become ancient gas-wise when they hit elder. elder when mature, etc. it's stupid. (especially when you combine the two, and gas ends up killing 10 marines after a screech. If every screech hit max efficiency, you could wipe the marines in just ten screeches. Can the rav do that? No. Can the prae do that? No. Can the boiler do that alone? No, maybe with spitter help. Can the crusher do that? Heck no.

I do agree the mortaar could do with a little more ammo. There's only one mortar, and it's practically impossible to coordinate.

I've also seen cas been used perfectly fine to tear apart xeno cover. It's not that it's shit at that purpose, but marines just don't have the ordinance without sadar to capitalise on it.

Just remember that cas etc used to semi-reliably kill in the past. Gas kills mostly happen behind friendly lines, so most marines can be reliably revived. If a xeno gets hit by a direct cas, well... round's over, basically.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketrai View Post
    If you know me, you know I also always say that queen screech needs to be seriously toned down, or outright removed. And that boiler gas in its current state is a bloody joke to balance due to how big it can get fast. Boilers esentially become ancient gas-wise when they hit elder. elder when mature, etc. it's stupid. (especially when you combine the two, and gas ends up killing 10 marines after a screech. If every screech hit max efficiency, you could wipe the marines in just ten screeches. Can the rav do that? No. Can the prae do that? No. Can the boiler do that alone? No, maybe with spitter help. Can the crusher do that? Heck no.

I do agree the mortaar could do with a little more ammo. There's only one mortar, and it's practically impossible to coordinate.

I've also seen cas been used perfectly fine to tear apart xeno cover. It's not that it's shit at that purpose, but marines just don't have the ordinance without sadar to capitalise on it.

Just remember that cas etc used to semi-reliably kill in the past. Gas kills mostly happen behind friendly lines, so most marines can be reliably revived. If a xeno gets hit by a direct cas, well... round's over, basically.
    Not anymore; due to how weak metal barricades are against xenos in the current meta, you need at least 3 lines of cades for you to be able to pull 5-10 dead marines to a medic in time for them to defib and get them on evac. Usually, after you sustain such heavy losses, xenos have enough time to move in and either acid / strong acid a entire cade line, or swipe down two metal barricades; one in the front cades and one on the secondary cades, which allows xenos to move in.

I agree half of the time boiler kills get pulled back and defibbed; the rest of the time, the gas gives xenos so much cover that any cades you have are most likely gone if the xeno in the gas isn't a total brainlet and knows how to alt click a tile filled with barricades so they can hit past the gas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it is today, xenos win a trench sieging warfare without losing a single xeno except for the occasional young runner. This is, I assume, in order to force a round conclusion and avoid stalemate situations.
    Commanding officer, facing that fact, would pull out. Survivors are evacuated and there is nothing of value being defended.

It's also what the survivors in the "Aliens" movie decided to do after first run-in with the xenos.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main reason why Xenos excel in siege warfare is because of the Boiler. Almost 100% of rounds where they have at least one Boiler assaulting the FOB end in the benos almost effortlessly forcing the Marines off the planet, but rounds where a Boiler isn't present can very rarely lead to the Marines pushing out and forcing the Xenos back. There's an interesting thing to note here: if there is a Boiler, the Marines will always fail in their counterattacks because the Boiler will be fairly well defended during the bombard cooldown by the Xenos waiting for the next shot, which will happily mutilate any Marine that leaves the FOB to kill the Boiler.

People don't believe me when I say this (or at least think I'm exaggerating) but the Boiler is very quickly becoming the Xeno equivalent of the tank where it's the center of many Xeno attacks, is defended at all times, and offers little counterplay that it can't personally counter beyond a massed assault on it. The CAS Rework is also going to, apparently, make it the hive's AA caste as well, meaning that it'll truly become the hive's equivalent of the tank since keeping it alive makes CAS risky for the PO.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main issues I have is how easy it is for a Marine to get critically wounded. Stray gunfire (which is very easy to occur in our game engine) or a few swipes from a Xeno can cause major damage. Unless you are a Medic you are essentially going to need to retreat to to the Almayer and waste half a hour getting surgery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with the game currently:
    1- Mutators only make xenos stronger without changing gameplay
    2- DEFCON never passes 4 because of dead marines
    How I would fix it:
    1- Mutator points are only acquired by capturing marines and can only be spent as hive mutations that arent stat boosts
    2- DEFCON lowers as marines study the xenos by bringing back corpses and such, giving researchers something to do
    3- Remove multiburst and make tackle a little better to compensate loss of tackle mutators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy with the game, keep up the good works devs

Rounds could be a little longer though, but 2 hours is ideal IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general I feel like the power creep needs to be toned down. Balancing the game purely around raising stats is going to end up unbalancing the game more. There's too many factors in the game to consider. Medicine, effective health, bone breaking treshold, barricade health, resin structure health, clip size, reloading speed, requisitions, etc etc.

If you make one thing stronger, then the next... everything else gets weak as hell. Gota stop doing direct stat buffs, but instead focus on sidegrades to make the game more interesting.