Thread: The State of Predators

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Predators suck

They have no objectives, no one wants to roleplay with us, and half the time people try to meme us.

I could write a dissertation on how it needs to be fixed, but truth be told, I stopped caring.
    I'm hoping the next predator council will have the energy to try, but unfortunately I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
    Shit like that happens when some boomer predator tries to RP with random normie Zoomers. Meet NOD, or someone else and then learn true RP that doesn't end in HPC and stabs while stunned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to even have RP between Preds and marines (xenos is ehhh, really depends) since random marines will stroll up at any moment to mow them down even when the Pred has presented no hostile intentions and/or command says not to engage. It's a shame too cause I've had some awesome encounters with Preds when they're not being chased by a whole squad for their gear. Making Preds worth a shit ton towards DEFCON will lead to them being targetted ASAP by marines and also by xenos so they can attempt to prevent the large boost in DEFCON. Hell, with the Pred rounds I've experienced, marines can easily wipe a Pred if they make one small slip up. The other day I witnessed a Pred get merked by Delta on Prison just minutes after deploying. Making dead/incaped Preds worth a shit ton to both sides will simply make life hell and not fun for Pred players when they can't even make an attempt at RP without being slashed or shot at every two seconds. (Sorry for the lack in ideas, wanted to give my opinion on this matter.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a xenomain my only interactions with predadorks is having a bunch of predators standing around in the hive or getting blasted and then slashed to dead when you try to help your fellow xeno.

From an rp perspective having a bunch of predators running around undisturbed near the hive feels wrong.

The honor code also makes no sense when applied to xenos. Xenos don't care about honor. Letting the predators go on killing sprees would be better than the current state in my opinion.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we could nest predators and predators gave defcon points extra to everything they wouldnt be as bad. Otherwise how about half half on predators hunting xenos and marines so two do one thing and other two do there thing? Predators are basically murderhobos in lore anyway might as well complete it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the general gameplay changes and massive overbuffs the devs keep shitting out onto marines (lol SG) Preds are in a sorry place, haven't been touched in ages. Devs seem either unwilling or unable to find a happy balance for them.

Preds are a joke and the state of game balance is the punchline.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EquitablePerson View Post
    With the general gameplay changes and massive overbuffs the devs keep shitting out onto marines (lol SG) Preds are in a sorry place, haven't been touched in ages. Devs seem either unwilling or unable to find a happy balance for them.

Preds are a joke and the state of game balance is the punchline.
    lol wtf are you talking about mattatlas released a ridiculous update to preds that made them invincible against xenos. The problem is marines keep getting buffed too countering it.

The problem is that we need Avalanche to get unbanned so that he can posterize all the preds every round and make no one want to play them again so we can stop even having preds. Preds add nothing to the game and just cause salt because they are fucking stupid.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos at Predators Mad. Keep them in game, I want acid tears to finally melt the floor and vent whole colony. This is the best reason to keep them in game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avalanche got banned? HAH. HAHAHA. *Laughs in French*

Yeah well, preds always of been there. At this point they are just part of the game and just highly depends of how and whom by they are played.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [*]Give Predators value (eg, easier to capture as Xeno/Bodies + Tech give LOTs of intel)
    Yes to the Pred's giving a bunch of intel, no to pred's being more easily capturable.

[*]Removal of CC based gameplay (stunlock and kill)
    Pred's desperately need some ranged options. The combi stick was a start, but has very limited value.

[*]Rework Honour-Code
    Honour code is fine, there is very little wrong with it at the moment.

[*]Remove Predators pending Rework
    I'm actually not aware of any re-works in the queue, what exactly is happening?

[*]Make Predators an Exclusive low chance ERT for endgame
    I wouldn't be opposed to this.

[*]Give Predators Objectives
    I would not be opposed to the Yautja being given retrieval missions. Some of our maps contain Yautja relics and burial grounds, I often RP with the Unga's that they're trespassing on sacred ground and need to leave. Seeing the Yautja forced to protect or retrieve certain relics would be a nice change of pace. I also wouldn't mind seeing some Yautja spawned in as Youngbloods whom have to become blooded.

[*]Allow predators to fight each other
    This already exists and should not be changed in any way.

[*]Give both sides boosts during predator rounds (Extra Xenos/Dutches dozen)
    Unless Pred's are going to have their gloves taken off, no. Already pred's can be easily steam rolled by both sides.

One of my suggestions would be to allow the pred's to mimic voices of Marines. Allow them to choose a Marine's voice and for them to create speech to creep marines out and lure them in. My other suggestion is already in queue, I think on Git, which is to see Marines being able to be skinned and hung from roofs.
    Last edited by RobBrown4PM; 08-30-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Lumdor

you're right though. Preds have been neglected a long time and are in an absolute shit state both from a moderation and gameplay standpoint. I can't promise any specific changes at the current time but suffice it to say that preds are one of the foremost problems in the dev team's agenda (or at very least mine) right now.
    Last edited by Fourkhan; 08-30-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: make this not a shitpost reply