User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The State of Predators

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost every interaction I have had with a predator has been negative. From them fighting and killing the one and only t3 of a hive under siege. To just decapping people for shooting them. All of it "allowed but lame".

The most disappointing is that despite being a synth I havent seen much good rp either. A memorable round I was sent to negotiate peace with them, by "a deciding fight with our greatest warrior" or a trade.

The preds responded "naw thanks".

Any change is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have just recently seen a trio of predators turned into crispy bacon snacks by a single flamer I think it would be in the best interest of pred players to have AT LEAST fire resistance, but I think outright fire immunity would be better for them. They're meant to be a very mobile and powerful role, a single blast from the flamer shouldn't turn them into s'mores or completely deny them an escape route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Suck for you that you never had any RP experience with Preds, or basically anyone.
    Bruh, I didn't say anything about existence of YOUR or MINE RP, so no need in objectivation, pls.

I do small amount of RP with Preds as beno or marine, it's just an additional game experience, not the main one (deathmatch pow-pow is).
    And my reply to your first message was all about the nonsense of forced implementation of RP on deathmatch server.
    It just doesn't fit in.
    But with exception for traditional PLAYERS-BASED-AND-CREATED-BY-PLAYERS things as:
    1. Charlie breakfast
    2. Synth surv RPing with dem benoz
    3. CL and the greedy Company masterplans
    4. Bored MP and a chatty prisoner
    5. Surv RPing with CIC and Research
    6. Battlebuddies

My character is RP-based, my actions are RP-based, my gameplay is RP-based (for the most part).
    Git gud then. Your personal preferences, gameplay-style or amount of experience cannot be the solid ground for implementing forced RP.

Return to Karma station.
    Never had anything connected with it, btw I suggest you to go out of ur mom's basement to check the freshness of air.
    Imagine arguing on the Internet forum with strangers about how should/shouldn't people create and live thru spontaneous unforeseen situations in the game :^)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AYYLMAOSON View Post
    Bruh, I didn't say anything about existence of YOUR or MINE RP, so no need in objectivation, pls.

I do small amount of RP with Preds as beno or marine, it's just an additional game experience, not the main one (deathmatch pow-pow is).
    And my reply to your first message was all about the nonsense of forced implementation of RP on deathmatch server.
    It just doesn't fit in.
    But with exception for traditional PLAYERS-BASED-AND-CREATED-BY-PLAYERS things as:
    1. Charlie breakfast
    2. Synth surv RPing with dem benoz
    3. CL and the greedy Company masterplans
    4. Bored MP and a chatty prisoner
    5. Surv RPing with CIC and Research
    6. Battlebuddies

Git gud then. Your personal preferences, gameplay-style or amount of experience cannot be the solid ground for implementing forced RP.

Never had anything connected with it, btw I suggest you to go out of ur mom's basement to check the freshness of air.
    Imagine arguing on the Internet forum with strangers about how should/shouldn't people create and live thru spontaneous unforeseen situations in the game :^)
    You just do the same, while starting it all. You have the issue and this isn't forced RP at all. Preds go out of their way, aiming fully charged HPC at you, asking "politely" to RP? Of course not.

Imagine starting arguing on the Internet forum with strangers about how should/shouldn't people create and live thru spontaneous unforeseen situations in the game :^)

Again, who forces you to RP if you are simple PFC? Preds? Fuck no, you can ignore them all day long.

Where the frick in your frist post is something besides meme fonts that try to be funny and gibberish? Again (again x2), since somebody might not understand, where somebody forces you to RP?

Where in my post you first quoted there is something about forcing RP? Where there was something about RP at all besides "You do like current bare minimum you can have with preds? Well, frick you! Nerf preds, so that bald PFC's and Runners will be even more likely to try sneak attacks when you are just standing chatting, or fighting honor duels, or just being haunted, or even standing in the crowd, getting into HPC blast because some fuck decided he can take pred, while struggling to kill a young drone in their entire gameplay"?

Last edited by CABAL; 09-06-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Predators suck

They have no objectives, no one wants to roleplay with us, and half the time people try to meme us.

I could write a dissertation on how it needs to be fixed, but truth be told, I stopped caring.
    I'm hoping the next predator council will have the energy to try, but unfortunately I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Trying to RP with pred be like
    1. Honor Duel
    2. Die
    3. Gibbed for meat
    4. ????
    5. Wait another Hour and thirty mins to play next round

Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predator challenges lion to honorable sword duel. When rest of pack arrives it pulls out AK-47 because they tarnished its honor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is CM's players. CM players don't want to RP and it's because the developers are more intent on making this game a dumb TDM instead of a roleplay experience within our inspired aliens universe, they push this stigma that "RP bad" by heavily basing things on mechanics and it gets people to think mechanically and wholly around their gameplay experience. They don't want to waste time, they play to WIN. If we removed winning altogether it'd be a great thing for our server and start gearing it toward a more RP-friendly environment, I know there's another thread that had a good idea to make a second RP server for the people who don't want to play just a TDM but people shut it down because "that's what goon did" but we're nothing like goon, we have a sizable community that wants to roleplay, goon has a laidback community that just wants to mess around. As it stands we could use a rule rework and hopefully get more roleplay into the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameajeff View Post
    The problem is CM's players. CM players don't want to RP and it's because the developers are more intent on making this game a dumb TDM instead of a roleplay experience within our inspired aliens universe, they push this stigma that "RP bad" by heavily basing things on mechanics and it gets people to think mechanically and wholly around their gameplay experience.
    Statistics in a nutshell.

CM usually has three types of players.

1: LRP TDM guys that like killing aliens and going 'Xenos mad'.

2: RPers, anything from MRP-HRP, self explanative. Usually less toxic then number 1.

3: Someone that likes killing aliens and also RPing. minority.

Devs: Leaned torwards number 1.

It's that simple, really.
    Last edited by Jeether; 10-01-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its interesting, i'm newer to CM (Some movies and just started playing SS13 CM) but I do notice the Predators, well, potato alot. stand around and troll. But I like the idea of them having objectives to work toward that would be in line with honor code. To my mind, the predators are there TO hunt. not observe passively and troll dumb marines that cant understand a word they're saying.

Potential objectives include:
    -a kill and recovery of 1 of each type of alien with exception of a Queen.
    -the capture of Marine Dogtags. The higher rank the bigger challenge. Marine must be alive before and after tag secure.
    -avoid detection by either side, this makes it so preds have to focus on stealth tactics and using skill to gain advantageous positions.
    -the elimination of any Abominations with extreme prejudice.

These dont even have to be green text right away, but could be implemented on a trial basis and see where it ends up. It would also mean that the Preds as a primarily RP focused side faction and these objectives wouldn't swing fights too poorly one way or the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gunning down at first sight a 7ft tall humanoid with scimitars and a cloaking device in a xeno infected colony is the most realistic, HRP, sane, common sense thing to do if you ask me.

And I say this as a whitelisted pred.